Pages

a sunsational tag

So many of you were shocked to learn that I'm left-handed! Although my Dad tried to force me to write with my right hand (resulting in random spurts of being ambidextrous) I stuck with my left hand which has caused some problems - such as the can't-find-a-desk scenario which happens a lot in lecture halls. But for the most part, I do things with my right hand - weird, eh? I play right-handed guitar, normally play sports right-handed, and all that jazz. Anyhoos, random time over!

While I definitely want to continue with the Wednesday Wishes I did so often during the summer, truth is that the reality of Europe seems so far away at this point. So while I'll do it once in a while, right now I gotta keep my head rooted in school - unfortunately. But on the plus side, it means I get to do the awesome tag that Archana started on her blog and tagged me in! So here goes:

Your last FB/Twitter update:



So ... any songs recommendations? Haha. I'd definitely suggest "Undisclosed Desires", "I Belong To You (Mon Couer S'ouvre A Ta Voix)" and "Resistance" from Muse's latest album. It's beautiful.

1) Phoebe Buffay: She makes up random songs on her guitar, she's quirky, and she's often misunderstood. Plus, she doesn't know much about her family and up until last year, I hadn't even met a majority of my extended family. Oh, and she has the BESTEST. FRIENDS. EVER. And she knows it's not the kitty's fault that it's stinky.
2) Kaylee Frye: She's the engineer from Firefly and I relate to her character so well. She's spunky, always likes to try out different things, and wants to be both a girly-girl but loves doing what she's doing (taking care of an entire spacecraft haha).
3) Rachel Jensen: This character from Forgetting Sarah Marshall is BASICALLY ME -- except for the whole having a kickass job at a Hawaiian resort and all. But her ex-boyfriend's name and the main-character-whom-she-falls-in-love-with are basically my ex-boyfriend's and now boyfriend's name (haha, anyone who IDMB's this movie will now know their names!). Rachel is the kind of girl who likes to resist change but welcomes adventure. My kind of gal.


1) Japan: I've had an obsession with Japan for the longest time. Mostly due to Pokemon/Sailor Moon and the Final Fantasy video game franchise and Kingdom Hearts which introduced me to Utada Hikaru, who is an amazing singer. I love everything about the culture, the food, the music, and the sakura (cherry blossoms). Can't wait to go there one day!
2) Hungary: Besides being The Boy's homeland, so much about this country is inviting. Spas in every single city, an amazing amount of history and architecture, an entire street in Budapest dedicated to pedestrian shopping, and the Danube runs right through it making for some romantic times on a boat, perhaps?
3) England: Provider of Harry Potter, David Beckham, fish and chips, and many other things. I'd love to travel around London, see what it's like to be on the other side of the road, and see if my imitation of a British accent would fly over there (apparently it's very Cockney). All these countries will be visited by me one day, I promise!

Hit the shuffle on your iPod – list out the 3 songs:
- ‘Little Bit' by Lykke Li
- ‘I Could Say' by Lilly Allen
- ‘Man On The Run' by Dash Berlin

3 daily must-haves:
- Coffee! If you couldn't tell well then, now you know.
- A cuddle with my dog. He makes my days a little bit brighter!
- Talking to The Boy sometime during the day (cheesy, I know).


3 things you're confused about:
- Why Kanye West feels the need to jump up on stage all the time. It's like dude, sit DOWN for once and let the awards show continue without your rude and often pointless interruptions.
- Why people feel the need to listen to their mp3 players at FULL BLAST while on public transportation. A) I'd like to listen to my own music, thanks; and B) often your music taste is so horrible that it gives everyone around you headaches; C) you're going to go deaf soon. Turn it down, por favore.
- Why I'm still hungry ... I ate meatballs for dinner and then had a small bowl of multigrain Tortilla chips with salsa and I'm still hungry. Stoopid time of the month (err, too much TMI?).

Browse your DVD rack or bookshelf – pull 3 out at random:
- The Prestige - an amazing movie, reminds me of The Illusionist but this one has two great-looking guys in it, haha.
- Spirited Away - one of the greatest animated films EVER.
- Mickey Blue Eyes - such a random film, but ya gotta love how Hugh Grant attempts an Italian accent.

3 things you’d wish you’d known (earlier):
- Used books are always the way to go, you save so much money.
- That sometimes that item of clothing that looks GREAT on that girl you saw walking by might look like utter crap on you. Wear something that suits you :)
- That wearing black liquid liner on your upper lid isn't that hard to apply as you once thought, and that period between 18-19 when you just wore black liner on the lower waterline made you look pretty ridiculous.

If you had to date a celebrity, who would it be?:



Nevermind that two of these three are already married. But Tom Welling has amazing eyes/cheekbones (which The Boy also has, score!), Henry Cavill is utterly gorgeous and his bum in the first episode of The Tudors is top-notch, and Matthew Goode has amazing charm and a beautiful accent - plus that picture of his is very inviting. All 3, please!

If you were a celebrity, what would you be?:
Probably a songwriter or a director/actress. Confession: when I was little I pretended I was part of a successful girls' group and drew album covers and also pretended I was an actress. I was a silly child.

If you had to give your blog a face-lift, what would you tweak (layout/content-wise):
Hmms, I'm happy with it design-wise, but maybe content-wise. My blogs are often so random that I'd want to have a bit more structure to it, or be able to update it a little more frequently!

Thanks for the tag Archana! I'll tag anyone who's up for doing it, and more specifically Fab Brunette, Little Tiara and Made You Blush.

Happy hump day everyone! I have to go read some Edgar Allen Poe ... yay, uplifting reading (haha).

btemplates

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a bum. Serious to god. I was hoping I wouldn't be tagged... but lo and behold!

I'll do it ;)

littletiara said...

oh! I'm tagged! Okay, okay, I'll do it! :D thank for the tag!

And lol, those hotties are hot =d

bananas. said...

LOVE YOUR ANSWERS!!! rachel jensen is my hero! gawd i wished i looked like her. and pretty much loved the movie forgetting sarah marshall. watched it about a thousand times!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh dude, Matthew Goode...so yummy!

Jessica said...

Shoot, this once again reminds me that I should be doing this ASAP. I don't want to fail Archana.

Yey Phoebe! Oh god, I suddenly remembered her Smelly Cat! Haha, now I can't stop laughing, thanks Nikolett! :P But I agree with your description of her. You seem like a fun and quirky girl, so I can tell the similarity.

Manju said...

I just got muse's newest too and it's rocking ^^
and I love Spirited Away!

Andhari said...

Whoahhh yeahhh Henry Caville, I looooovvveee him too and answered this the same way with two guys, but I combined it with sexy Rhys-Meyers. Sooo dreamy *drool*.

Japan is on my list of places to visit too. And I'm definitely think the same way about kanye west. It's like I wanna scream "shut the fukk up" on his ears.

Archana said...

Yayyyy DS tag! :) Loved reading your answers through out, especially since you always lay out your blog posts with amazing pictures in true sunsational fashion. ;)

I totally agree with you about Kanye. He's such a hog for the limelight. And then he does the whole fake apology after, I don't know. I like his music. But as for the man, he's just not up to par. Also the people listening to their music super loud on the train, aaargh totally gets to me!

There was this one time on the New York metro when this annoying guy was standing smooshed up near the door next to me and had his reggaeton up on blast. Now, I love latin music & dancing to reggaeton, etc etc...but on the train, in rush hour, I wasn't feeling it. And then to make it worse, he kept singing (aka braying) out the chorus of the song out loud. :x Aah, I was so ready to kick off my heels and knock him out with them, lol. I didn't though, heh, I just hopped off the train instead and figured I'd rather walk a few blocks extra than deal with him.

Okay I'm done blabbing. :)

rachaelgking said...

AMEN re: Kanye! At least Beyonce put him in his place... oh right, and Obama too! :-)

Sarah Glova said...

aw I love your answers :) glad you said you were happy with you blog, because I like it as well! It's really a cute layout!!

Hope you enjoyed that "uplifting" Edgar Allen Poe... haha... thanks for visiting my blog! I really like yours!!

erika sorocco said...

I adore number two on your 3 things you're confused about list - I agree, why on earth do people feel the need to blast the music on their iPod when you're in such close quarters with them? I usually end up turning my music up to drown them out; then, of course, I end up feeling like my head is going to explode! :)

Dawn said...

this is great! I feel so much more enlightened about you now! I'm probably going to do this as soon as I have the time to sit down and do it. oh and I loved the part about when you were little you drew album covers and pretended you were an actress! I did the exact same stuff!

Iva Messy said...

such a fun tag! have a great day!

Carlito86 said...

Cool tag! Henry Cavill is well fit!

If you come to England you have to shout me :) xxx

Nikolett said...

@ Margarita: Yay, you better do it! :)

@ Little Miss Tiara: Woot, glad you'll do it! And yes, I love those hotties haha.

@ bananas.: Ah, I love that movie too, I find it's really underrated! I've seen it at least a dozen times!

@ Kristin: Haha, totally agree! Fell in love with him since 'Chasing Liberty' :D

@ Jessica: Glad I can provide some laughs! And can't wait to see your answers :)

@ Manju: Ooo, you are my new friend, I didn't think anyone here would be a Muse fan :)

@ Andhari: Your answer to this question definitely inspired me, I almost forgot about him!

@ Archana: You, babble? Never! That sucks ... as much as reggae is fun to dance to, it's not fun listening to on a packed train! Thanks for tagging me :)

@ LiLu: Gotta love Obama! Haha :D

@ Sarah, The New Girl: Aw, thank you so much for all your comments, I'll definitely be visiting yours!

@ Erika: Aww, head exploding is not good! My earphones don't have the highest volume so I'm usually stuck with the weirdest blend of my song and their song, haha.

@ Dawn: Yay, I'm glad you're going to do it! This comment inspired me to do a FAQ post soon in case anyone has any questions about me. And glad I wasn't alone on the album-cover drawing :)

@ Iva: Thanks, hun! You too!

@ Girl With The Golden Touch: Oh, you know I will! We can go get manicures together xx