stop & smell the flowers
Yesterday afternoon, my dog reminded me to stop and smell the flowers.
{not my dog, but still so adorable!}
The ground was all soggy with mud, but I made sure that Shadow had enough time to peruse around our neighbourhood. That was when he noticed a bushel of flowers on the edge of the park. He stopped and literally smelled those flowers for a good thirty seconds. I almost wished I had bent down beside him and smelled the flowers with him. But having that thirty seconds of quiet reflection reminded me that it's good not to be on the go all the time.
A few minutes later, he paused and looked at the little kids playing on the jungle gym -- the next generation of kids, in my mind. Just ten years before, me and my childhood friends had dominated the area, playing with sticks-as-swords as my guy friend pretended to be Cloud Strife, his little brother played Vincent, and I was Aeris or Tifa (and sometimes both simultaneously) as we played Final Fantasy VII in real-life (we were cool, okay? Oh, and click that link to get an idea of what we pretended to be heehee).
It made me miss the simpler times; yet, it also made me realize how complex we make things nowadays. Sometimes all it takes is a simple 'hello, how have things been?' phone call or e-mail to someone you haven't seen in a while, instead of just wondering why you haven't talked in so long. Sometimes, you just have to give a hug or a simple gesture to cheer up someone's day. Sometimes all it takes is to be given a simple compliment to know that you are loved. So, stop and smell the flowers every now and then :) Trust me, it's pretty therapeutic.
So, here are some awards that definitely made me feel loved! The lovely and fashionable Kristen and Megan from Bon Bon Rose awarded me with the Honest Scrap award! I did this a little while ago right here, so you can check out my ten pieces of honesty! I award this to Jessica and Archana!
The Superior Scribbler Award, which is so cute! You can find out more about it from here. I award these fellow superior scribblers:
Becks, Manju, Margarita, Andhari, Mayra {get well soon!}, Sarah, East Coast Ecstasy, Girl With The Golden Touch, and Lilu! You are all very superior haha :)
My step to trying to take a step back and relax was writing my first poem in about a month; usually I take an 8-month hiatus when school starts, but was suddenly inspired. Me happy, haha.
Well, now I have a three-hour break to catch up on school readings (ah, what a luxuriously laid-back Monday), followed by class, a meeting with a Prof to talk about a Multimedia thesis in which me and my friend want to send a camera into space (more on that later!) followed by graphics design at night.
Hope you're all having an a-okay start to the week!
And make sure to stop & smell the flowers every once in a while,
or perhaps to crunch the leaves that litter the ground.



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
19 comments:
Awww, thank you so much, my love! How cute is that pic.
And CONGRATS to you!
Thanks for tagging meeeeeeee :D seriously you're sooo nice to me. So happy!
Congratulations on the awards - well-deserved!
I absolutely adore this post. It's so true. We are always rushing through life; but sometimes we must just stop and smell the flowers - even for a few minutes. :)
Congrats on the award, and the doggy is super cute!!!
We haven't watched the movie anymore... we were trying to understand an episode of fringe instead... :P
I'm glad you liked the new blog layout!
*loves*
wooohoo!!! Congratulations on your award!!! :)
Oh yes...a simple little thing that we often forget to do. What an adorable beagle!!! Happy Monday ♥
i definitely need ot do this more and especially today
thanks love!!! you just made me feel so much better. you're the best! :) :) :)
congrats on the award hun!
That is so sweet! My puppies remind me of that everyday and it makes me smile just to see them. :)
Your blog is so adorable I am so happy everyone is giving you awards :-)
and thank you so much for giving me one! Have a great week!
I stopped and smelled them today. I had loads to do but decided to scrap it all and go have some fun. The dude and I took a walk to the park!
you are such a sweetheart :)
Aww, very sweet. Children make you stop to smell the roses too. LOL
hello!! congratulations and ありがとう for passing it on to lil ole meee!!
wow yes i know the feeling. life goes so fast and time just runs like bloody cathy freeman, running away from me, down a hill. where does it all go????
stop and smell the roses. must do so today. will put it on my agenda :p
Woop!! Thanks for passing it on to me :D
congrats to you sweetie, and awwwwwww that little puppy is so adorable!!
That sounds so cute!!!!
Get down there next time and smell them with the dog!!!
Thanks for the award Nikolett! :) I wish I am a super doodler too!
I can just picture your dog taking in a deep breath of that flower! it's true we all need some respite every now and then or risk wearing ourselves out.
ps: tt photo is too cute.
Aw, all these comments make me smile :) I invite you all to a picnic in the park with plenty of flowers :D
Post a Comment