Pages

simple smiles on a sunday

Holy macaroni it's already October! And I've decided to do my simple smile a day early; this weekend has done a lot to cheer me up even though it's been a weekend of goodbyes. My sister landed in Vancouver with my niece all safe and sound, and I'm thrilled for 'em! And, my cold has been reduced to sniffles only once an hour, so I'm doing better (though still wrapped up in blankets most of the time). The Boy gave me the nickname of Snuffles because of my oh-so-attractive breathing.

This weekend was full of catching up with friends I haven't seen all month, plus a sleepover and fun-movie-watching times with The Boy, and I loved it all!

Earlier on Friday, I met up with Ash and KC (as you can see by our little chalk figures) at a bubble tea place downtown. With a dine-in special where you get a $1 meal with your bubble tea, it's amazing [I got onion rings while they both got fish balls].

Plus as we walked in, we noticed they replaced one wall with a floor-to-ceiling chalkboard which we abused! [I'm holding love in one hand, plus bubble tea in the other haha. Btw -- drawing skills: I haz none.]

My mango banana bubble tea reminded me of banana-flavoured penicilin that I used to love as a kid (before I was diagnosed as allergic to it, oops!). It was awesome catching up with them! This outing reminded me of Kym's question for my FAQ post (ask me a question if you haven't already!), which I'll answer this week!


Love these girls!

After that, KC left and us two girls headed off on a road trip to Mississauga, complete with Muse/Lights CD accompaniment. We got a tad lost a bunch of times, which was howls. And oh my goodness, we witnessed three almost-car-accidents. When you see an advanced green turn yellow, sure, turn. But if it's gone and you still think, "YAY I'M GONNA BE TURNING!" be prepared for some serious honkage. So many people decided to keep turning when it was our turn to go forwards and ... yeah, lots of near clippage. Gave me a heart attack even though it didn't happen to us!

The mall we went to was huuuuuge, and I did a little bit of damage on my wallet (it was for necessities, I promise!). I got a 'beauty insider' card from Sephora from this beautiful purchase on the left. I couldn't resist having an eyeshadow primer +6 eyeshadows. So pretty!

Westlife's "Seasons In The Sun" just showed up on my shuffle. RANDOM!
We had joy, we had fun ...


After that, we braved a rainstorm and drove back to our city, where my gal-pal dropped me off at The Boy's house for some yummy pizza and other relaxing times. He wanted to make sure I didn't get any more sick so he pretty much wrapped me up in five blankets, while he slept with three tiny sheets. I wouldn't be surprised if he got sick now! Still love waking up next to him :) The next morning we ate more cold pizza (healthy diet, heehee) and watched "District 9" which I'd seriously recommend. Not what I expected; being shot as a documentary, you really get the impression that it could happen, and by the end of it, I was like "WTF  HUMANS, YOU'RE SO INSENSITIVE" ... erm, yes. Go watch it!

I noticed I haven't done a recipe of the week in a while, and have decided to point you in the direction of the adorable Olivia Rae, who did a spotlight on pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Those sound delicious, and the perfect treat for autumn.

Now it's time to catch up on some blogs and then do homework ... ah, gotta love stay-at-home Sundays.

What have you all been up to this weekend?
Hope you've all had a great weekend so far! :)

btemplates

11 comments:

Meg said...

I automatically love any eyeshadow color called "skinny dip"!

nicole mountz said...

what a neat restaurant! i already told josh that i will have a wall dedicated to a chalk board ;) glad you're feeling better girl!

. said...

looks like a great weekend!! I can't wait to see what you did to my blog hun!

Jessica said...

Wow, that was a indeed an action-filled weekend. It's good to know that you're feeling much better now. Catching up with friends is always a nice thing to do. I was supposed to meet up with some friends last weekend, but we postponed it because of another storm warning. Grrr, these storms just won't go away.

Anyway, that makeup palette is really nice. And the shades are all interesting. Skinny dip?!Nice! :)I went to the mall last Sunday, and I bought some makeups as well. Damn MAC for always making me spend money! haha.

As for my FAQ..How tall are you? I feel like you're somewhere around 5'7 - 5'9? You seem so tall! I admire tall girls; I wish I could be even just 5'6 or 5'7 footer.

bananas. said...

i want a chalkboard wall! i love it!!! your doodles are the cutest. how fun...and distracting at the same time. lol.

my weekend was spent in bed...sick with a cold. boo. notsofun.

Andhari said...

District 9!!! I love it :) does the ending makes you cry? Cuz I really did and I love the little alien, I hope they make a sequel or two :)

Ps. How cute were you, wrapped in 5 blankets.

sarah said...

district 9!!!!!!! yay south africaaaaaaa!!!! ahahahaaa i never imagined i would have a major blockbuster movie with all that afrikaans and a guy called wikus van der merwe... it reallllllly made me laugh so hard. yay joburg!!!

niks i am going to email you about the package n stuff

becks said...

I happen to think you can draw quite alright! Chalk's difficult to draw with. And i'm a secret westlife fan hoho.. shane is hot. And minus the funny sounds, I think snuffles is quite an adorable term of endearment. heh.
ps: I do think being a curved rainbow line is quite awesome! I would like to be indigo just cos it sounds nice ;)

Manju said...

i love the stick people drawings ^^
i seriously need to see district 9, everyone's talking about how good it is!

Nikolett said...

@ Meg: Haha, I loved that shadow, the name makes me laugh so hard. Can't wait to wear skinny dip on my eyes? :P

@ nicole addison: Thank youuu! And that's such an awesome idea ... especially one day in the far future when I have kids -- if they want to draw on the walls, they can do it on the chalkboard wall haha.

@ Lily G: Thanks! I haven't had as much time as I would've liked to work on it, so I'm going to spend a lot of today working on it and hopefully get it to you soon :)

@ Jessica: Ahh, I can't resist MAC. After Sephora we went there and my friend got some products and it took every fibre of my being to resist getting a tinted lip conditioner! And I'll make sure to answer that question soon :) Hope the storm warnings stop soon :(

@ bananas.: Haha, so true. I felt bad 'cause my friend was talking and I was just like "YAY CHALK!" haha. Hope you feel better soon!

@ Andhari: It did, indeed, make me all teary. And made me think that it definitely deserves a sequel! I mean, 3 years?! We gotta know what happens in 3 years :) P.S. I think I was pretty darn cute haha.

@ sarah: Ah, I was so excited to see South Africa all in there! I was like "OOO SARAH'S HOME COUNTRY!" Such a brilliant film too. Can't wait for your e-mail :)

@ becks: Aw, thank youuu, you're too kind :D And go Westlife!

@ Manju: Haha, glad someone appreciates the works of art LOL. I definitely hope you get to see it, such a great film.

A New England Girl said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! :)