festive cheer and freedom
I'm feeling a little festive, so I had to change my little header above. Reasons for such festivity?
ii) I'm finished all my exams and projects! It feels so great to have a few weeks off from school.
iii) I'm looking forward to catching up with friends I haven't seen in ages.
iv) A few overdue awards from Carla and Sara! I got the Kreativ Blogger award from Sara and this lovely award on the left. Both involve sharing 7-10 facts about yourself and then passing it along. I'd like to award Manju, Margarita, Amanda, and Krissy! I decided to put a little spin on things and instead share ten things I can't wait to experience and do in the next few weeks -- hope you gals don't mind!
1) Reading
I have the biggest pile of books waiting for me to just tackle them with hungry fingers (makes it sound like it's a feast, meep). Sometimes it feels good to just read for pleasure instead of reading something that's on a course outline. I've already read the last book in the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series called "Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?" My sister got me into these books way back when the first one came out -- I feel like a bit of my childhood is gone now it's over (the same feeling I felt when I finished reading the Harry Potter series haha).
2) Catching Up With Friends
It's going to be so good to hug those friends I haven't seen in a while and avoid all topics regarding school and work. I can't wait to catch up with the friends I can just talk to about anything and everything. As you get older, it seems harder to hold onto friendships, mostly because life just gets in the way. I love the friends I have where we understand life is busy, but what we have is important. Ah, I'm a cheeseball.
3) Apple Cider (Cocktails)
Me and my closest friends are bringing back our Secret Santa tradition and exchanging our gifts at a potluck-dinner Christmas party that I can not wait for. Hopefully on the menu is apple cider cocktails, which is the recipe of the week. I've never actually tried them, but just the thought of them makes me thirsty. This list is making me both hungry and thirsty now (my stomach just grumbled).
4) Snow!
And I don't mean that nasty, gnarly snow -- that's only good when you have chestnuts roasting on an open fire (and I don't have a fireplace). But I love the feeling of seeing a good few inches of powder snow on the ground, and seeing it glisten as the sun hits it. So pretty. Today's been a combination of a little snow and rain (not cool).
5) Making Things
That sounds so ominous ... what will I be making? BABIES! (just kidding!) But I hope to tackle some form of home-made crafts, either to give as gifts or just to admire. Catching my eye are making frosted glass, an exploding box of photos, or this snowglobe that I found via weheartit which led me to this blog entry about de-cluttering your kitchen and making snowglobes. I thought it was adorably cute and would love to try it out ... maybe with a little plastic coffee cup? And, as you can tell, I've been doing a lot of discovering via the world wide web ... that's because I'm a lazy bum who spent the first day of freedom on the computer, yipee.
6) Cards & Presents
Over the next few days I'm going to be writing and sending a bunch of cards and I can't wait. My mom's been grumbling and saying she hates writing cards out to our relatives, but I love to send things (paying for postage? not so much love there). On top of that, I'm going to be braving the mall with its overcrowdedness and try to get some nice items to give to the parentals/the friends/The Boy/the dog (yup, he gets a present)! Wish me luck that I don't get trampled? :)
7) Getting Out Of Town
The past few months have all been a routine, with not much room for adventure. I would love to go on a road trip (with clear roads) to a nearby town and explore while getting yummy samples of fudge. Or maybe go to an outdoor skating rink in another city.Now, The Boy's never been skating, so I'm sure we would be as paralyzed as the couple in that picture (but hopefully we'd look just as fancy, haha). I get so happy at the thought that I don't have to see my school for the next few weeks ... makes it sound like I hate school (ironic, since my whole life is going to be school), but it's just overwhelmed me. I just want to get outta town.
8) Sleeping
I need to catch up with my pillow -- projects have made me abandon it far too early in the morning, so I can't wait to sleep some more.
9) The Holidays
Christmas and New Year's are right around the corner -- it's going to be a bit different this year with my sister on the other side of the country (plus the fact that my family's kind of given out presents early ... oops), but I know it's about more than just that. And while plans for New Year's are still up in the air, hopefully it'll involve more catching up with friends and a new year's kiss? (Ever since that episode of Friends where none of them get kissed at midnight, it's kind of stuck with me. I am cool.)
10) Drinking LOTS of coffee and getting a holiday drink from Starbucks/catching up on blogs/playing The Sims and/or Final Fantasy/watching a ton of movies/experimenting in the kitchen/drinking yummy hot chocolate/
Yeah, that's about it in a nutshell.
Thanks to you all for always being so amazing, I'm sending lots of hugs your way.
If you'd like a Christmas card, drop me an e-mail :)
And now I have to ask:
What's made your week better?





A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
18 comments:
Aww, this award has. Cheesy. Go to TO and go ice skating :)
You catching up on my blog made my week :)-
Whoo-hoo for your award!!! Love the festive blog header hun. Mmmm apple cider...i'm actually drinking some as i type. Lol
The Georgia Nicolson books are some of my all time favorites. I can't read them in public because I either laugh out loud or make funny snorting noises trying not to laugh.
Oh wow thanks Nikolett, you're so sweet! :)
I also LOVE The Sims! This week I am looking forward to making the cards I will send out, weeeeeeh! :D
I love your header.
Such a sweet way to wish your readers. :)
You had me at apple cider cocktail! Invite me!
Came over from MYB following now!!
My Team Edward New Moon water bottle finally getting here made my week! :) HAHA!!
And I have to say- I totally love sending things, too! I send stuff out to people all of the time, especially if I'm out and about and see something that a friend/family person would love. I also LOVE receiving packages. And I get excited about my mail. :) So weird.
Making babies....LOL!!!! You crack me up. I posted your Christmas card tonight so let me know when you recieve it...I hope it reaches you OK! :) xxxxxxx
I'm not having a great week, it's boring and tiring... and I'm suffering from insomnia again! eeks...
have a pile of books waiting for me to finish as well!!!
loves
making babies?! hahaha i love you, you're so funny Nikolett!
i'm happy you're back to blogging yayy!!
i got the email ^_^ thanks for the linky. now i can see if there's weird vibes in my traffic!
you already received a card huh? whoopsss i haven't even sent mine...need to hurry! >_<
p.s. thanks for the award! you're such a darling to think of me :)
My week was made better with the decision to make a HUGE move! Tres excited!! Glad you're feeling less stressed love - and congratulations on the award! :)
haha nikolett you honestly make me laugh out loud, i LOVE reading your posts:) and yay for christmas cards! woo!
Just wanted to say hello. This is my first time at your blog. I came across it from a link on Cafe Fashionista. I really like it here. Have a great weekend. Cheers!
@ Margarita: Definitely planning on it, I've never gone skating there!
@ Aubrey: Ahh, I'm so jealous! Please share some apple cider? That and eggnog are my holiday faves.
@ Meg: Yay, a fellow Georgia lover! I'm the same way and think it's amazing that a book can make me laugh out loud like that one can.
@ krissy: Yay for the Sims & cards :D
@ Nahl: Aw, thank you! I was shifty at first to put 'Merry Christmas' but thought, why not? Glad you like it :)
@ Martinis Or Diaper Genies: Haha, love this comment! I'll make sure to check you out too, thanks!
@ Smart Ass Sara: LOL enjoy drinking outta that thing! And I don't think it's weird, I still adore snail mail.
@ Girl With The Golden Touch: Teehee, thanks! And will do, can't wait to get it! I need to send mine out soon so everyone will get it on time :)
@ Toothfairy: I really hope your weekend is a lot better and that you caught up on sleep!! <3
@ Manju: Thank youuu, and not a problem! And honestly, I haven't sent out my cards either so we're in the same boat :D
@ Erika: Ah, have you talked about it on your blog? Either way, that's amazing!
@ nicole addison: Thanks so much, hun <3
@ Keith: Hello! Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend too :)
haha! this was so fun (: i can't wait to try the christmas coffee flavours from starbucks! love them during christmas. and having a real booty is alot better than not having one (; and i would kill for your long long legs (: xo
I would like to know 2 things about you, since I'm a brand-new reader of your blog:
1) what is your coffee of choice? do you drink a particular flavored drink, or style of roast (ie dark or light), heavy cream and sugar or black, etc etc? this is important; it's your namesake after all
2) which final fantasy are you playing?
~Royce
Going home to read a good book, exercise, or watching a movie always is nice. Occasionally grabbing a bite to eat is nice as well! I would want nice long legs too, don't we wish but we are hot just as is. Lol.
Post a Comment