Pages

'tis the season ...

I've finally started my Christmas gift-shopping ... and finished in two days! I've mailed out the Christmas cards, am going to start wrapping the presents, and have allowed myself to listen to Christmas music (I'm sorry, but I can't stand when it's playing in the middle of November).

But our tree isn't up yet.



That lovely tree is from the mall I did about half of my Christmas shopping at. I would love to have that tree in my house ... but I think my ceiling is too low (hehe). Still, I cannot wait to decorate the halls with boughs of ... holly? Does anyone ever do that anymore?

But to get myself more into the Christmas cheer, I'm doing a meme from Ramblings of a Fab Brunette! I've also been tagged by Manju (who is having an amazing giveaway here) and I promise I'll do hers soon!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? 
Hmm, both. With gift bags it makes things a little easier but ... wrapping paper is ridiculously pretty.

2. Real tree or Artificial? 
We've always had an artifical tree, just because it's easier to haul it out of the basement then go choose one. I went once to a tree farm and helped cut down a tree, but my family's all about the artifical ... erm, that sounds wrong.

 
3. When do you put up the tree?
Hopefully today! Can't believe we're waiting for less than a week.

4. When do you take the tree down? 
We take it down January 6th -- tradition, since that's apparently when the Wise Man left the manger.

5. Do you like eggnog? 
YES! And apple cider. Mmm.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Probably anything to do with Polly Pocket or little teeny racecars. Yep.

7. Hardest person to buy for? 

My parents -- my Mom always asks for "peace on earth" while my Dad says, "for you to move out." Um, Merry Christmas to you too.

8. Easiest person to buy for? 
Any of my friends, since we usually do Secret Santa :)

 
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
At the Church we go to, yes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? 
I prefer mail, and then for those friends I see more often, I say it in person or through e-mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Hmm, really don't know. I try not to think of them that way, I guess!

 
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? 
101 Dalmatians, Home Alone (1&2), The Nightmare Before Christmas, Serendipity, Anastasia (okay so those last two technically aren't Christmas movies but they are set in wintertime, so ... there).

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? 
Umm, the week before Christmas? I am terrible.

 
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? 
Maybe if it was food and then I recycle the packaging? Hehe.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? 
Every single thing my Mom makes ... and strawbery-kiwi candy canes (ohhhh yeah).

16. Lights on the tree?
Always. Doesn't feel the same without them!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
"Let It Snow", "Jingle Bell Rock", "Christmas Tree" (Lady Gaga, haha), "O Come Emmanuel", "Last Christmas" (WHAM!).

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I almost always stay at home -- last year I went to Niagara Falls with The Boy, but this year we're exchanging presents. So home I shall be!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Ummm ... Rudolph?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? 
Hmm, I think a star. Our angel keeps tipping over like she's suicidal or something.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? 
On Christmas Eve ... ever since I was a kid.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? 
The lines, the "oh this is the perfect gift for you!" and then you go to the store and they've all sold out, and how people make the holiday into more of a commercial holiday rather than what it really should be about.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? 
Hmm ... gold and red? Anything really, though. And my favourite ornament is my Harry Potter one (I will show it to you once the tree is decorated)!

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner?
All the Polish specialties and delicous cakes.

25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year?
Having an amazing potluck dinner with my closest friends, have a great time exchanging with The Boy, and no arguments with my family.

26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? 
Waiting to eat our dinner until the first star shone in the sky.

27. Favorite tradition now?
Listening to Christmas music while putting up the tree -- complete with hot cocoa.

28. Favorite Christmas Memory?

I have a picture (I'll try to find it and I'll post it up!) of me and my sister after we opened our Christmas presents ... I guess we decided to wear/hold all of our Christmas presents at once and I have two big gift-bows in my hair as I'm wearing a skirt and a bathrobe and holding a Spice Girls doll (from what I can remember)! That picture/memory always makes me smile.


Feel free to do this tag if you'd like! On another note, I want to thank you all ... I've hit 100 followers! This is a milestone for me -- I never expected to interact with so many amazing people and to know you don't mind reading my ramblings -- well, it means a lot to me :) Thanks to each and every one of you ... and I'll have a giveaway sometime in the early new year to celebrate you and 2010? Yes, that sounds good hehe.


What are your plans for the weekend/next week?
Hope you all have a great weekend!

btemplates

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, show me the picture!! Love the list, I forgot the Wham song in my list!!

A New England Girl said...

I adore this little survey! We circulated it via email amongst family members last year. It was hilarious to see some answers! :)

Well done on you starting and finishing your shopping in 2 days. I have yet to begin and I am not certain I will finish before the big day. Here's hoping! :)

Amanda said...

I have big plans to get my house back under control from a month of finals induced chaos :) just me and my windex, baby.

erika sorocco said...

Our tree isn't up yet either. Actually, we're in the process of putting it up right now. And, ummm...your father is hilarious. He requests for you to move out every Christmas? That's the true way to get into the spirit, isn't it?!! :)

Manju said...

Polly Pocket!!!!!!!!!!! hehe i loved those!
thanks for entering the giveaway ^_^
and congrats for so many followers, here's to many many more ;)

Andhari said...

I'm sure your holiday will be an amazing one. I'm still bothered by thesis :( I hope it's finished soon.

Carlito86 said...

Ooh I will do this I think :) xx

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Mmmmmm. Apple cider is heaven isn't it?

Toothfairy said...

I open my gifts on the first day of christmas... every year...

and I have a problem with all the christmas tunes super early in december as well... driving me nuts hearing them all day on the radio at work!

loves

bananas. said...

you finished christmas shopping in 2 DAYS?!?! holy cow woman! tell me your secret. i am still working on my last gift.

krissy ♥ said...

Your dad is funny :D And I loved Polly Pockets as a kid too! Aww I miss toys :D

Merry Christmas, Nikolett! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wrap a present to save my life.

Congratulations on hitting 100!

I'm going shopping this weekend- Boxing day is awesome.

Nikolett said...

@ Margarita: I promise I'll find it soon, I'm gonna post it up on a Christmas Eve/Day blog haha :)

@ New England Girl: Aww, that's a really cute idea, to see what each family member cherishes the most. Hope you finish your shopping soon!

@ Amanda: Hope you and your Windex kicked some serious butt! Haha :D

@ Erika: Ah yes, my Dad is funny like that sometimes! And yay for putting up your tree now, I still have some friends who haven't put it up yet hehe :)

@ Manju: Thank you girl! And ahh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who played Polly Pocket!

@ Andhari: I really really hope you conquer that thesis like you conquered that guy at the market! *HUGS*

Nikolett said...

@ Girl With The Golden Touch: Ooo yay, please do!

@ Kristin: Yes it is! Though sadly I haven't had any yet. I might have to make a trip to the grocery's and grab some ... so yummy~

@ Toothfairy: Oh goodness, I just remember all the music at the dentist and I feel for you! I'd probably drill double as much just to drown out the tunes in early December haha. <3

@ bananas.: Haha! Hope you're all done now! My secret? Attack a couple of huge malls with a variety of stores and be prepared with a LOT of back-up gifts in case what you had in mind didn't work hehe.

@ krissy: I miss toys too! I wish we could still get away with playing 'em, hehe. Merry Christmas to you, too!

@ Cheryl: You and I clearly shouldn't be hired at one of those volunteer gift-wrap things at the mall hehe. And thank youuu! Good luck with Boxing Day shopping - I can't handle that at all, I get so afraid haha.