Pages

a new decade & a piece of me!

Happy New Year!

It's 2010 -- are you going to pronounce it two thousand and ten or twenty-ten? I'm trying to figure out this lingo for the 2000s and it's boggling my mind. Nevertheless, it's a new decade, a time for 'fresh starts' and all that jazz. Thanks for all of your 'happy new year!' wishes in the last post ... let's hope it will be full of happiness, health, and ... hot dogs (alliteration fail). Before I do a small recap on my New Year's festivities, I wanted to take part in a 'Piece of Me', a little thing to do at the start of the month by Notes from the Toothfairy. If you want to take part, just go to her blog!

This month....
I like: that there are so many birthdays (even though that means lots of gift-finding!), that I might finally go see Avatar, and that my new computer speakers from The Boy no longer pick up an oldies' radio station.

I don't like: that it's officially the start of my last term in uni, EVER. Might seem exciting, but in reality it scares the bejeesus outta me.

I want you to know: that I'm kind of glad to be graduating in a few months, but I'm terrified about my teacher's college acceptances (or lack thereof).

I've planned: to exercise, exercise, exercise ... and try to stay on top of schoolwork, while also consistently blogging so I don't leave long gaps of silence here.

I want to say to someone special: I'm so grateful for you and want to thank you for accepting my weirdness. And thank you to anyone who happens to vote for me here ... I'm happy you enjoy my newb ways.

It feels like things are already 'back to business' - I start classes in two days, and the holiday festivities are officially over. But that doesn't stop me from recapping my New Years'! It was a ton of fun, plus pretty low-key despite invites to go elsewhere. Me and The Boy decided to just go out for dinner and celebrate at home, and afterward my close friend and her boyfriend came over and we talked, drank some more champagne, and watched Stardust until 4 in the morning. Good times :) Warning: the flash here makes me look albino. I promise I'm a few shades darker, haha.





1) Our feast at the restaurant -- and The Boy attempting to stab me with a fork. Egad! The food was so delicious, and I tried goat cheese for the first time!
2) There were a bunch of balloons tied to tables and booths there, and The Boy asked if I wanted a balloon. We stealthily (is that a word? is now!) took them out of the restaurant and took a photoshoot with them while waiting for the bus (free transportation on New Years', woop). When we got onto the bus the bus driver said, "The buses are free tonight ... you didn't have to get me anything!" To which I replied like a five-year old, "These balloons are mine."
3) Happy New Year! Our kiss at midnight before we popped open the champagne :) We kept making toasts that night that were so sentimental, and I loved 'em.
4) Only one of the balloons had helium in it, and after midnight we decided to let it go from his rooftop. At first we thought it was just going to fall straight down but then it just wizzed out of the sky -- if it had a voice, I could picture it going weeeee! as it zoomed away.
5) My close friend and I :) We took this before Stardust and then took a whole bunch of pics afterward on her camera that make me smile. So glad I got to see her :)

How was your New Year's?
Are you excited for 2010?
Or could you really just not care?

Either way: here's to more coffee, more blogging, more craziness, and more good times ahead!


Hope you all have a great weekend!

btemplates

21 comments:

Toothfairy said...

omg... exercising, that's really in my face, as it's on a lot of blogs right now!

I feel you on graduating, I was excited and scared at the same time. I needed 2 whole years to feel ok about being a real dentist, I kid you not!

Good luck on graduating and exercising!

Happy new decade :P
and thanks for participating!

loves

Iva Messy said...

omg you two are always so cute!!

I'm calling it twenty/ten ;) ...for now at least lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Nicole said...

I am hoping this year I make more memories last year I was just kind of existing! I am going to say "Twenty Ten" =D

Happy New Year!

A New England Girl said...

Happy New Year, girl! I am SO glad it was great for you. :)
I feel you on the graduation thing... I felt the same when my last semester kicked in. It was overwhelming and exciting and scary and a bunch of other things all wrapped into one. But! It will be alright, just as you know, and so many more exciting things will be waiting for you. :) Good luck with the start of classes! :)

Manju said...

i'm calling it the Two O Ten!
ahhh i always clamour to have one whenever i see balloons in restaurants haha... i see i'm not the only kiddie around ;)

littletiara said...

Aww Nikolett this is adorable! ;D

Well I've told you about my NYE thing in my blog but here I am to rant that I didn't get to drink anything alcohol that night because of this flu :( staying up for so late was enough to give me a hangover-like headache. gaah!

Okay, where was I? Oh, you reminded me that MY Uni life will be ended soon TOO! D: A few months it is! Oh my gosh! My heart just go 'Boom Boom' right now, remembering all I'll have to do (plus the thesis) :| I wish we all the best of luck! *cheers!!*

And I loooove those pictureeeessss...

My favorite id of course the new year kiss, no need to ask my, lol. I love anything romantic ;P and the buses were free on new year's night? O.O that's superb! lol.

I am excited for 2010, definitely.

All BIG, if not HUGE, things will happen this year, I can feel it. Gosh, I'm even kind of nervous! :O

krissy ♥ said...

It's twenty-ten for me as it's much easier to say haha :D

Glad you had a great New Year's celebration! I spent my New Year's eve sleeping until 11:30, then woke up in time to greet my family and friends, then slept again at around 1:30 because I had work the next day x_x

Andhari said...

We're so graduating at the same time, I guess :D I can;t wait for it! I need it bad :)

Rika The Lost Wanderer said...

Good luck for the graduation :)

erika sorocco said...

Nikolett you are the cutest thing ever! I'm so glad that you had a fantastic New Year's, and I hope that 2010 treats you well.

I have loads of changes arising for 2010, all of which I am excited for! Here's to a wonderful year for us both my love!! :)

Sara said...

twenty-ten I think!

I want to go back to exercising so bad!! oh and find a job. I did nothing for new year's lol

Honey Bee said...

The pictures are soo nice, and you look really pretty! whatta fun way to spend NYE with the boy and a close friend. Mine was spent at my boyfriend's BBQ...it was good fun too. :)
Here's wishing you the best for two thousand and ten...that's what i'll be calling it.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so tired right now I can't comment properly. But yay!! 2010. I hope you're coming to visit this year!

http://www.fabbrunette.com

Anonymous said...

I used to always say I'll exercise, but then end up spending the year bathing in my own lard.

I've learned to accept that.

Jessica said...

Awww, we're all going back to business this week! I hate it, I'm still in vacation mode! Haha.

Stardust! Odd because it's my stay-up-late movie too! And the funny thing is, I don't know why I actually like it. I'm not big on fantasy genres of movies, but there's something about it that's adorable. Plus, I love listening to Sienna Miller's accent. Haha.

Happy new year once again, Nikolett. Good luck on your teacher's college acceptance. I know you can do it! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I sure wish I could vote for you...but I'm an OLD lady!

Andhari said...

Babeeee don't forget to vote for Cheryl here http://tinyurl.com/ybb9ggq, ok? love ya!

Nikolett said...

@ Toothfairy: Thanks so much! And I'll try to keep the blogging about exercising to a minimum, sorry Shirley! :)

@ Iva: Thanks Iva, you're so sweet :) And twenty-ten sounds good to me, too!

@ Nicole: Aww, I really hope this year is full of amazing memories for you.

@ New England Girl: Thanks so much! And I'm glad I'm not alone in the freaking out, I'm going to turn to you for advice now haha.

@ Manju: Woot! If there ever comes a time where we will meet, I'll make sure there are hundreds of balloons around so we can go nuts, haha.

@ Little Miss Tiara: I'm so excited for YOUR start of 2010, it sounds so exciting :D I heart you!

Nikolett said...

@ krissy: Aw, that sucks about having to work early, I think it's cute you still woke up in time, though! Happy New Year!

@ Andhari: Wow, I always forget about that ... so exciting ... yet so nervewracking!

@ Rika Safrina: Thanks! And I think this is the first time I've seen you here, thanks for commenting :)

@ Erika: Aww *blushes* you're too sweet! I hope you share some of these changes on your blog, can't wait to read about 'em!

@ Sara: Ooo, we should motivate each other for the exercise! And I think it's definitely more important what you do the rest of the year than on actual New Year's Eve/Day, haha.

@ Nahl: Aww, thanks so much! I'll check your blog about to see if you wrote about the BBQ - it sounds like a ton of fun!

Carlito86 said...

Yay love your answers and those pictures! xxx

sarah said...

happy new yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!

and dont worry about the last bit of college thing. life only gets better

nik, i have so much more to say to you and nooo time. i will email you soon
x