looking forward to looking back.
This past week ... almost feels like it never existed. I still don't know how I accomplished writing five papers in five days. I do know that I have Tiara, Josie(bean!), and Krissy to thank for filling up my blog with their awesomeness while I was stuck in essay-hell. But the thing that probably feels the most surreal is: I saw MUSE last Monday. ~insert long squeal here~
That day started with such a nonchalant feeling - I still had to finish and hand in a paper before me and my close friend were off to Toronto. Fortunately, my Prof was feeling nice and after we handed in said papers, she cancelled the rest of lecture. It was such a gorgeous day outside and I had a bit of time to spare before meeting my friend at the bus station, so I grabbed myself a blended iced cappuccino. In other words: perfect way for a caffeine-addicted lady to prep for a concert.
Since we had a few hours to go when we arrived in the city, we headed off to the large mall, eating and browsing around Sephora (oh, how I wish I had the money for make-up ... no wait, must save). We decided to leave and walk to the venue about half an hour before the opening act. Weeelll ... we kind of took the wrong exit and walked for 20 minutes before realizing we had gone completely the wrong way (while enduring many "do you have chaaaange?" questions along the way). We decided to get a taxi, which pulled a U-turn before going down another ten blocks. We would've been walking for quite some time.
We get there, inside, and through security without a hiccup and I immediately wanted to hit up the merch stand. I was hoping there would be some sort of keychain (I have one from an All-American Rejects concert I went to back in the day) but alas, no go. I was settling on maybe some stickers when my friend decided to treat me to an "early graduation present" -- a beautiful MUSE t-shirt. I am forever grateful.
Once we found our seats, we realized the opening act (Silversun Pickups) had already started playing their set. They were pretty good even though I only knew a few songs, and their crowd interaction was great: they started a "flash-off" with cameras between the two sides of the seated crowd (which I was a part of). I kept worrying our seats would be crap, but we were pleasantly surprised that it offered an awesome, albeit distant view of the stage. There were three towers covered, and having already spoiled myself, I knew that MUSE would be inside those towers in an hour.
By that time, I was ready to pee my pants with excitement. Once their set ended, I wizzed off to the ladies' room to find it surprisingly empty (when I came out/washed my hands, there was a line-up out the door). After twenty more minutes of waiting, which included lots of people shuffling by us, "We Are The Universe" began. My dear friend kept going to me, "Breaaaaathe. Inhale, then exhale." I haven't been to a real concert like this in forever, let alone it being my first time seeing MUSE, so I was more than stoked.
Finally, the curtains covering the towers fell, revealing lit-up platforms with screens that they used so beautifully, so theatrically, it just drew you in. PICSPAM TIME!
Uprising ... and awesome platforms.
New Born's crazy lightshow!
Probably my fave picture that I took (zoomed in like whoa.)
My friend & I ... rocking the glasses at a concert, yessir!
United States of Eurasia with Matt's amazing piano.
Bouncy confetti eyeballs during Plug In Baby!
Probably the best close-up I could get ... camera fail!
Exogenesis ... so pretty~
I was blown away the entire concert, and was so happy that people around us were, too. There was actually a family sitting directly in front of us: a dad, mom, and two sons wearing the same MUSE shirts we just got, and the mom was rocking out (I suspected she was a Twimon due to her reaction to Supermassive Black Hole). But when the crazy lightshow came on for New Born I saw her turn to her husband and I could hear her yelling, "THIS IS AMAZING!" How right you are. And she kept dancing and throwing her peace sign up, haha.
Oh, and if you really want to get a feel of how awesome it was, I made a video containing snippets of footage that I filmed. Oh, and one of my favourite songs was Starlight but I didn't include it in this video because ... it needs to be seen in full. Since it's friend's fave song (I'm pretty sure) we bust out singing and recorded ourselves singing it while they were playing it ... which means it's zoomed in hardcore on her mouth while she's singing LOL. So if you want to see Starlight, lemme know and I'll upload it :)
Warnings: there are lots of whoo!'s on my part, lots of attempts at singing, and lots of shaky camera syndromeness when I forgot I was recording and just wanted to daaance.
Annnd, I apologize for a MUSE-filled post. But months from now, if I'm ever feeling nostalgic, I'll come back here and smile knowing what an amazing experience it was :) I'll be looking forward to looking back, and that's my simple smile of today ... until Friday, where me and The Boy are celebrating the day we first met, yipee!
Back to your regular Better Than Coffee blogging schedule tomorrow + the winner of the scarf!
Hope you don't have a case of the Monday blues!
What have you been up to this weekend? :)










A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
13 comments:
MUUUUUUUUUSEEEEEEEE...!!! Woot woot!! *squeals* I may not look convincing but I do hear their songs! (and sing some of them in the karaoke). The concert looks so FAAAABB!!! Oh my oh my... <3 lol, you're so lucky to attend such concert! :O
*is greeeeeeen* lol
That sounds so amazing!! What a cool experience :)
That looks like a lot of fun! Believe it or not, I've never been to a concert. That video is amazing.
First off, congrats on so many essays in a jam-packed schedule. Ugh. That was the ONE thing I hated about college - everyone wanted things done and due at the exact same time. It was so mean. You know they planned it like that. :)
But... after all the crazy and hectic essay writing... I am glad you got to spend some time with your BF AND to go and see Muse. SO jealous! It sounds like you had a fantastic time. :) I'm so happy for you, girl! You definitely deserved a break. :)
Ummm...so yeah, I went to Costco this weekend. And Target. And the bank. Not nearly as glamorous as a MUSE concert, but...it passed the time, right?
Love these pictures. And the video. And I adore the fact that you rocked glasses at the concert - you look gorgeous, as always! So glad you had a good time, my love!! :)
How freaking cool. I'm amazed by the lightshow and i wasn't even there in person. Looks like a really good time. And on a monday? Thats the way to go :)
awwww so glad you had an unforgettable experience! those platforms are amazing!!! i believe they're coming to vancouver as well!!! hehe... ive wanted to go to so many concerts but they're always so expensive.. either that or everytime i've tried to get a ticket, its already sold out due to those keeners who wait online for it to be released and then buy like 80% of all tickets and re-sell them!! >:(
hahaha! love the "WOOOOOOOOHS!" thats why i dont like taking video of me during exciting events, i get carried away with my woooohs! hahahah!
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG...i just died. i LOVE Muse, LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!aaaiisshh it must have been amazing!
was just blog hopping and landed in your fun world over here. Looks like a fun concert!!
I'm hosting a giveaway for handmade pearl earrings. I'd love for you and your readers to enter. http://tinyurl.com/bonnybee
have a great night.
xoxo, blair
Very cool stage. I haven't been to a concert in forever!
ahhh MUSE! im totally kicking myself for not buying myself tickets now (they were so cheap this time, too) because all my friends who went also said it was the best concert. glad you had such a blast! and those pictures came out amazingggg, esp the platforms, lazer show, and beachballs at concerts are always a good time :D
That looks AWESOME! Glad you had fun! :D
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. i freaking hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love muse :( i missed two of their concerts in dublin - one time i was in italy and the next time, i was busy with graduation (or something...)
p.s i dont really hate you - that's my jealous alter ego talking: she's like a real bitch and i hate her ;p
Post a Comment