Pages

giveaway time: a scarf to snuggle with

Today was a random weekend of sledding like I was a 12-year old with The Boy, spending some quality time with my close friend (grabbing a bite to eat and then watching a gazillion awesome YouTube videos) and today I'm all geared up for the Canada VS U.S.A. hockey game ... although I most likely won't be watching it since I'm going to Starbucks to catch-up with a friend and then ... doing homework. Wah wah ... 

But on the bright side, I'm holding another giveaway! It's a bit of a smaller one, but it's still exciting on my part. The reason? Well, this piece of lovely fuzziness is going to be part of a little company that my mother and I are making together: Misiu Knits. The Etsy shop will probably be opening probably within a couple of months.The word misiu is literally translated from Polish into teddy bear which is hopefully how these knits (scarves, bags, perhaps hats and sweaters) will make you feel ... cuddly and snuggly like a teddy bear. What could you win?


 
{yes, I use a teddy bear to model it with ... I am cool (:}
DISCLAIMER: Bear is like 3 years old and I've been sleeping with it... not a prize LOL.


This scarf! I know what you might be thinking -- spring is a mere few weeks away! And in a lot of others places, it's summer. But knowing how some climates are, it'll likely be chilly for the next couple of months. Plus, if there's just a cold day or you're feeling sick and chilly, just wrap this lovely light gray scarf, with blue-ish undertones, around your  neck and feel ... warm :) It's truly an adorable scarf that I love wearing, and hopefully one of you will, too!

The scarf in the pictures is actually my own; the one sent to you will be similar with the same wool and pattern, just slightly shorter (I'll have the full dimensions listed by Tuesday).


So how could you win? 

1) Be a follower of this blog and leave a comment!
2) For a second entry, blog or tweet about it and let me know in a separate comment!
3) For another entry, either comment with what outfit you'd wear this scarf with or what your favourite types of knits are (it'll influence what will be in our 'shop').

 

Good luck!  
Open internationally until March 10th!


 And the rest of this week-and-a-half will be full of lovely ladies guest blogging for me while I try to finish essays early to enjoy MUSE next week. So make sure to give 'em all a warm welcome :) 


Hope you've had a great weekend!
(Are you sad or relieved that the Olympics are over?)

btemplates

22 comments:

littletiara said...

:O

ooohh.. If I miss the chance to win the scarf can I get the teddy instead? lololololol. it's so perfect! All my friends learnt knitting while we were in the village, and I am the only girl who can't do it. lol. I'm too lazy to even try. but seeing this goodies, maybe I should learn, just in case I don't win. I'll still have a scarf to show off :P lol

that's really lovely! I'm crossing my fingers in it! ;D

Honey Bee said...

LOVE the teddy! I want. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love the disclaimer. I don't blame you, that teddy bear is BEYOND adorable. The scarf is really cute too, you can even say that it's better than coffee Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. ;)

Amber said...

The Canada vs. USA game was EPIC!!!

Cute scarf AND teddy :-)

Kristen said...

I follow!!

And I would wear this with my new dark jeans and a white knit top... it will be cold here for a few more months so this would be the perfect accessory!!

krissy ♥ said...

Aww Nikolett that's great! I'm happy for you! I should really get a credit card so I can get myself some goodies from your and Kym's shops :D I'd like to join the giveaway! I love teddy bears, and that teddy looks so adorable and cuddlyyyy :D

Alexis said...

Definitely a follower here! :)

I love scarves to add interesting textures to my outfit, hanging from my bags and around my neck.

Andhari said...

OMG HOT scarf :)

Anyhoo, count me in. I'll pair it with a black long sleeved shirt with high shoulders. Chic!

Anonymous said...

Oooh what a nice scarf! Love it!

Sierra said...

Whohoo! What a darling scarf, I love it! Glad you had a nice weekend.

erika sorocco said...

Spring, summer, winter, or fall...I'll wear scarves at anytime! Love, love, love this giveaway!

Of course I'm a follower!

And...I think I'd wear this scarf with a plain white tee. Whenever I wear scarves I like them to be the focal point of my ensemble; hence the reason why I pair them with neutral tones. :)

Lissa said...

I'm a follower!

And that scarf is just beautiful! I'd wear it with my Love Harder tee. :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Awwwww,what an adorable giveaway. I wish I was talented enough to make my own scarf!

steph said...

omg what a cute scarf! i wish it came with the bear. :) i'm glad the olympics are over, only b/c i miss my 30rock! lol

krissy ♥ said...

LOL sorry I thought you're also giving cute Mr. Bear as well :D Hmmm, it's too warm and humid outside here in our country to wear a scarf so I use them to accentuate my bags. But then it is super cold in my office so the scarf will be perfect :) Plus points for the color, I like! :)

Adele said...

so cute! (: can't wait for your etsy shop to launch! xoxo

Leesh said...

I love handmade scarves. I make them for my friends but I never get a handmade one. I hope I win!

Leesh said...

And for my second entry, I blogged about it - http://blarkness.blogspot.com/2010/03/better-than-coffee-giveaway-really-nice.html

Sara Strand said...

Already a follower...and this could be my birthday present. Since I'm 28 on March 10.

Sara Strand said...

I would wear it with almost any outfit since I seem to buy only black, blue or combo clothes.

And again...it could be my birthday present. ;)

Lauren Jewel said...

Oh I will most definitely be following you from now on. This little scarf is just too precious!

Lauren Jewel said...

There are so many great ways to incorporate a light weight scarf for spring. I have been really in to vintage tees lately so I think I would rock it with some destroy skinny jeans, tucked into an awesome pair of combat boots with a band tee and of course this scarf would add the necessary feminine touch.