Pages

each day is a new life

I've been a little MIA recently (ooo, fitting since one of my last entries was called "get high like planes" ... 4 points to anyone who gets the reference!) due to a few things:
  • Night class - my summer school course (which is more like a spring course since it ends mid-June) started this week and with only a few weeks to really get a good mark, I'm already scrambling to read the articles.
  • Oh, and the final project for this class? Plan my own funeral. Since it's a course about death and dying, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything else ... just seems really morbid! You don't really think about  your own death when you're still in your 20s, so it's definitely a challenging project.
  • Catching up on lost time - friends-wise, The Boy-wise, and exercise-wise. I finally have my weekdays free and I love the fact that I get to see my friends more often, The Boy more often, and that I'm (so far) accomplishing my three-workouts-a-week plan.
  • Flipping through The Illustrated Kitchen Bible and getting an amazing surprise - I told my sister about how I got a copy from the library and how I couldn't wait to cook up a storm ... just a few days later, I get a package in the mail with that exact cookbook (except I don't have to return it to the library!) and a Polish cookbook for my mama. Thank you, sis :)
  • On top of that, I've been filling up my time with tons of HTML, CSS, and JQuery ... I'm trying to get as much webdesigning done as I can in the next few months, just in case I do end up going to Europe in August :)
But without further ado, here's some pictures from Monday where my friends and I headed to the bay for a yummy meal, a good walk + conversation, and then ice cream. Annnnd, if all goes well tonight, I'll be sharing a recipe of the week very soon that I made, woot woot! Wish me luck :)

Wise words :)

A Canadian goose.

Neat statue.

And then we spotted a rainbow! Just a few hours earlier there was a crazy storm that seemed to come out of nowhere, but it left behind this beauty.

♥ these girls.

 
Love this picture for some reason.

 
Hope you get this, because it made us laugh :)

Weee! Doing an impersonation of the painting behind me :)

I am so thankful for ten-second timers.

The sun starting to set behind the multitude of boats.

Annnd some ice cream once the sun set :) I had N.Y. Cherry Cheesecake, while my two close friends had Rainbow and Reese Peanut Butter Cup (methinks)! The one in the middle was wondering what Moose Tracks tasted like which led us to having a funny conversation going, "Excuse me, may I inquire as to what these Moose Tracks are? I am hunting a moose and so ..." That's how we roll ;)

How have you been filling up your week?
What are you looking forward to this weekend?
And if you could have any meal of your choosing right now, what would it be? :)

btemplates

10 comments:

littletiara said...

yay! my internet is being normal tonight! :D

I love every pictures you have there! Oh my, you seem to have had a very fun week!!! Dx

mine is still filled with messy room where multicolor papers spread everywhere *kind of like it, though, haha* late-night coffee and snacks, fallen asleep in front of the computer and countdown machine, hahaha...

I feel kind of cool, though. hahaha...

erika sorocco said...

Okay, can you please tell me what class requires you to plan your own funeral? I want to make sure to avoid it like the plague - how...depressing. At least you have ice cream to cheer you up - I would have gone with the N.Y. Cherry Cheesecake, as well.

I've been filling up my week with work and studying...Finals next week! I am looking forward to...wearing my Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges this weekend (read: tomorrow). And...if I could have any meal of my choosing right now it would be...grilled cheese sandwiches. Oh, I am so easy in the food department! :P

the girl in stiletto said...

my fave photo from the bunch is the one with the sunset. very much like a postcard! mmmm nyum ice cream. oh and i love the colour of your nail varnish! xD

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Awwww, I love that shot of your arm around your bud. So cute! Happy weekend lady!

Emma :) said...

Ohhhh I love that song!! (the M.I.A one.) It reminds me of Slumdog Millionaire, which reminds me of summer, and just generally laid back times in life.

Beautiful pics though.

Also that sounds like a pretty fun class to me! At least it's not equations or something like that. Not that I do equations. Heck no.

Amanda said...

What fun!!

Andhari said...

You already know my answer to your last question: blueberry frozen yogurt with mochi and chocolate chip toppings. But the ice cream in your picture looks yum too :)

Enjoy your more free spring and summer nights with your loved ones, girlie. Try not to study too hard :p

krissy ♥ said...

Fun photos! I'm glad you are enjoying your break. I want to try the Reese's Peanut Buttercup ice cream! :)

That funeral planning sounds creepy, but interesting as well. You see, I have this feeling that I will die young. Morbid, I know XD

Lissa said...

I'm looking forward to Victory Day tomorrow because we'll get to see the war veterans all decked out in their military uniforms (with lots of medals!) and best thing is, the celebrations start at 12:30.

The funeral planning sounds interesting. But what course are you taking?

If I could have any meal of my choosing, I'd have one cooked by Gordon Ramsay. I'm such a huge fan. *grins*

Love the pictures especially the one of the ice creams. My bf and I come up with the craziest conversations too! :D

Nikolett said...

@ Little Miss Tiara: Multi-coloured paper sounds nice! haha really really hope you finished up your thesis well :) Rooting for you!

@ Erika: It's called 'Death and Dying' believe it or not! It's an examination on how Eastern cultures and religions treat death and dying, very odd hmm? And gah, GOOD LUCK with your finals, I hope you ace them! And those wedges sound amazing - maybe wear those wedges while you're eating some grilled cheese? Sounds good to me! Hope you ended up having a great weekend :)

@ the girl in stiletto: Ahh you're right, it does kinda look like a postcard! Thank youu! :) And the nail varnish is from Sally Hansen, some 'quick-dry' one ... I love it, but it chips really easily!

@ Kristin: Thank you lady! Hope you had a great weekend :)

@ Preempted: Yes, four points for you for recognizing the MIA song, such a catchy song! Haha, and that's true - ANYTHING but equations (I'm so bad at math) haha. Hope you had a good weekend!

@ Andhari: I can't wait for the day where we make this happen and eat that meal. And don't worry, I won't study too hard ;)

@ krissy: If you come visit here, I'll make you try lots of different ice creams for sure! And awwwh Krissy, I hope you live a long long time!

@ Lissa: Ooo, that sounds like neat celebrations right there, hope you had some good times! And I'd love to join in on that meal by Gordon Ramsay, good choice :D As for the class, it's called 'Death and Dying' and it's an examination of how Eastern cultures and religions look at death and dying ... definitely a different class!