Pages

thank you for the music ...

Yesterday, I had a bit of a revelation - as long as I have musical accompaniment, I can (almost) always accomplish/finish something. I've always been a girl whose longed for a musical soundtrack to follow her around everywhere she went - or to have Morgan Freeman narrate my life. Instead, I listened to a mix CD and then the best of U2 while baking cookies (using my sister's recipe!) as an early birthday present for a friend ... and for once, I didn't mind washing all the dishes afterward as I sung along with Bono (this song still remains one my favourites, I don't know why).

Does music motivate you too? What keeps you going? :) 

This week I also realized some others things: 1) I'm actually not that bad at baking/cooking and I want to do more(!) and; 2) I've realized the difference between talking to and talking with someone. To me, the latter means you have an ongoing conversation, you geniunely love talking with someone, hearing feedback, hearing what's going on with their life, responding to it, and then having the conversation flow. On the other hand, talking to means that I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall, someone whose eyes are dazed and it feels like they aren't listening to a word I'm saying and as soon as a few seconds of uncomfortable silence kicks in, they launch into a completely unrelated story. At least pretend you're interested, or something. Ah wells!

It's been one of those weeks where, before you know it, it's already Friday. TGIF!
What are you looking forward to this weekend?

And now, a segway of things that made my week before I move on to questions!


It's been forever and a day since I last promised to answer the Ask Nikolett questions, so here goes! If you have any more regarding advice-related questions or things about me, don't hesitate to ask :)

Monster Girl asks ... What are your top five things in your life that are better than coffee to you? :)
I should've seen this coming haha. And I feel like my answers are a bit boring but here goes:
1) Cuddling with The Boy.
2) Laughing with my friends so hard until I'm snorting and we're all crying. 
3) One of those delicious meals that after you finish it you go, "Whoa, I wish I had eight of those." 
4) Feeling the sand between your toes (it's a natural exfoliant!). 
5) Singing along to music at the top of my lungs.

Krissy asks ... What song can you dedicate to me, and why? :D
Right now, I totally want to say "Survivor" by Destiny's Child - you're such a trooper in all that you do, all you go through in your life with people and what recently happened to you (I'm so sorry that you had to go through that, but again, I'm so thankful that you're okay!). 
Oh, and "Ang Gando Ko" by Sandara Park, because it was the first Filipino pop-ish song I heard and me and my friend (who has the same name as you!) sing this, complete with dance moves :) Oh, and because you have long hair haha.

Andhari asks ... If you could have a little menage a trois with two super hot celebrities, who would you choose and why? 
Hmms, umms ... I love your questions, lady hahaahaa. I'd say Henry Cavill and err ... I think that's really all I'd need. Maybe throw in some Tom Wellings, or Chris Evans, or maybe one of the Supernatural brothers (wait, scratch that, just Jensen Ackles). You know, Matthew Goode is pretty good too (haha, Goode - good). But mostly Henry Cavill ... because, look at him (+ his accent, his charm, his outfits on The Tudors):

I had to crop myself out of the right picture, sorry about that ;)

Thank you for the questions! :) I hope you all have a great rest of Friday (or Saturday, or whatever day you might be reading this on) and have a great weekend!

btemplates

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the cookies came out good!! They look yummy!! Henry Cavill is SO hot. I know. Sexy pic too. Hope you have a great weekend!!

http://www.loveandbistros.com

Amanda said...

I'm the same way with music! I have to have my headphones in to get any school work accomplished. It drives me crazy that I can't listen to music at work...I desperately need my own office, haha :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love to listen to music when I'm trying to get pumped up...but it distracts me when I'm working. Maybe I'm a bad multi-tasker? ah ha ha. Have a fabulous weekend lady!

the girl in stiletto said...

uuuuuuu hen ryyyyyyyyyy xD

Sara Strand said...

That last picture *almost* convinces me to watch the Tudors...

Anna Katrina said...

i just came across your blog & i love it!!

Anna Katrina
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com/

littletiara said...

Oh my, it's definite that music does help me in so many ways, it's relaxing, helping me go through the hard times, and of course a kind of way I express myself when I'm happy, ahaha...

those cookies? Looks goooood.. droollllsss.. hahaha... and wow! 1/2 price frappucino! Haha, perfect for you! and of course, you and the boy are the sweetest B) lovng that mother's day flowers too... :D

and I love your answers! Oh my, so true about Krissy's song, then I love your answer to Monster Girl's question (yesssh... cuddling is the best! Hahaha), and that boy from The Tudors is HOT, so yes yes yes... (ahh.. and Jensen ackles! DEFINITELY! Haha)

Monster Girl said...

Those questions aren't boring! I love that feeling after a meal too :)

erika sorocco said...

I always say that my iPod is my lifeline. I would literally cease to exist without music. It just seems to have the ability to capture exactly how you're feeling at any given moment. Love love love!! :)

krissy ♥ said...

Ahh, I love music too, though I cannot carry a tune to save my life :D I very much prefer to listen to my mp3 player while commuting, actually when my bag was snatched I was listening to The Blower's Daughter x_x

Suvivor is such a great song! Thank you for your sweet words Nikolett :) And oh, I didn't know you know Sandara Park :))

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Cute post- Those cookies look yummy!

Sabo Skirt said...

ahhhh we LOVE your blog.. especially this picture =)

stop by our fashion blog, we hope you love it!

xx .sabo skirt.

www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...

I've given you a blogger award, check out my page because the HTML link isn't working the way I want it to work!

have a great week =)

paddle to shore said...

Music any time a day while I'm doing anything or everything is perfect for me hahaha

Sierra said...

Oh boy that actor is hot and those cookies look delicious, nice work!