Pages

eat, pray, sisterly love

It's an odd feeling to be homesick for a place that's not even your home. The same thing happened when I left Poland - I met all my relatives for the first time, had difficulties constantly speaking in my native tongue, but by the end of it felt secure and at home. 

This time it was in Vancouver - as the train left the station and I blew kisses to my adorable niece and my amazing sister I realized I had made another home away from home on the west coast of Canada, two thousand miles away from my actual home. 

My first thoughts as the plane left B.C. soil were:
This trip went by way too fast. 
I'm so glad I got to see my sister.
I wish I could have stayed longer.
My niece is the most curious, smartest 4-year old I've ever met.
I can't wait to see The Boy.
But I don't want to leave Vancouver.
But he's picking me up from the airport and it'll be awesome.
But it would be even more awesome if he was here with you right now.
True say. Maybe next time.

There were two pieces inside of me, both of equal size that knew my life - for now - belongs in Onterrible, but mostly because the man I love is there. But that other equal part of me just wanted to live life on a whim and create something new, and maybe move the man I love out to British Columbia haha. I know that I'll definitely be coming back to take in more of the sights (gorgeous greenery, the oceans, the mountains that create a permanent background in any view), the sounds (the cruise ship noises, my niece laughing, me & my sister creating a new script while watching Eclipse that is full of the word 'llama') and lots of hugs from my sister and niece. 

After seeing Eat, Pray, Love earlier this week I realized I've done a lot of eating in Vancouver, errr a bit of praying (on the plane, mostly) and loved spending time with my sister, a woman I admire far more than I can probably put into words, and meeting Kym, too. And now I want to read the novel since the film was pretty good! I'll probably have more Vancouver recaps to come, but here's just a few pictures of moments that stand out:

 The breathtaking view atop of Blackcomb Mountain at Whistler.

KOOZA! This Cirque du Soleil show was amazing.

Exploring in Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden.

With my model-esque niece on Bowen Island.

The most Starbucks I've ever had in a two-week duration due to jet lag and overall addictedness.

Thanks to everyone who has kept commenting and sticking around here despite my absence; life is slowly returning to its normal routine so that means more blog entries and catching up hardcore on your blogs, too. Hope you've been having a great August so far, though :)

btemplates

18 comments:

the girl in stiletto said...

welcome back :) home is always where the heart it.

p.s did you kick kym-chi's butt for me???

erika sorocco said...

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back! Gah Nikolett I have missed you! By the way, you look GORG in the last picture...you have the just-got-back-from-vacation glow!! :)

Unknown said...

Your trip sounds AMAZING hun! Great pics.
Creating a home away from home within our hearts equals LOVE.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Lovely pics! That mountain shot is GORGEOUS. :)

Kristen said...

That first picture took my breath away... the backdrop doesn't even look real it's so beautiful.
And you look amazing!! Wow! Your niece probably should be a little model- her eyes are captivating.

Glad your back... but isn't it funny how attached you can become to places??

Shibby said...

Awesome pics! :)

Glad you had a wonderful time and just think how great it will feel when you return to see them :)

krissy ♥ said...

I love all the photos you posted! That mountain view is amazing, your dress at the show is so pretty, and you and your sister and niece are beautiful! :)

I am so jealous that you have already seen Eat Pray Love. It's not being screened here yet :(

Jaymie said...

Thanks for the lovely comment :)
these are lovely pictures.
Jaymie
http://jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.com/

Belle ♥ said...

love the photos! you're niece is uber-cute =)

littletiara said...

omg... prettyful... and I know how it feels, between two of your favorite things? The boy and your sister? Oh, and your super adorable niece (she's so pretty!)

and I wanna be there watching cirque du soleil omg! :| I have always been wanting to go on one and ta-daah! There you were! unfaiiirrr *grumblegrumble* hehehe :P

Hope you have a nice reunion with The boy so you won't miss the homey Vancouver too much ;)

paddle to shore said...

YOu look so cute in all these pictures, it really sounds like you had a great time. I hope you're having a great weekend Love

bananas. said...

well you've been having fun. i feel you on the eating...i've been eating the most delicious food as of lately and for that i pray it will not go directly to my bum. haha.

love the pics. the first one is seriously breathtaking. and your niece looks like you!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, and I'm sorry, but doesn't the little Princess look like a freaking model in that pic?? (mom alert)

You are young, don't forget that, do whatever your heart desires :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

There is nothing better than sisterly QT! You look fab lady!

Unknown said...

Yes, i think you should bring your lover to B.C!!! Onterrible couldn't be that Terrible can it... every place has a bit of 'terrible' ... Vanterrible... well, actually Vancredible sounds better. hahaha! ;P Love the pictures, your neice is one cute little model. Future herro hachi model? haha ;P OH OH OH! Speaking of model, you still have to be my featured customer one of these months. :D Come back soon, there is more Vancouver to see... more food to eat and more fun to be had.

Wenny said...

When you're enjoying your holidays, it always seem that time is so much shorter than 24hours.

dev said...

Welcome Back! Looks like you had a blast!

Stopping by from 20SB

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Welcome back hun! I am looking forward to more pictures from your trip! I know what you mean, there's a certain place that holds a special place in my heart too but then there's also that special someone that I love being with.