Pages

a piece of me in august

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those months where, at the end of it, you just think, "Huh ... where did that month just go?" I also have a feeling it's going to be an emotional next few weeks for me. But onto the little survey that I've tried (and failed) to do each month!

I like ... that I'm going to Vancouver tomorrow for a fortnight! My flight leaves in the afternoon (EDT) so wish me luck that I land safely -- twice actually, since I have a stopover in Calgary! I'm so excited to see my sister after almost a year apart. And I like that I'll be meeting Kym later on this week! :D I also like that my birthday is coming up (last day of August) even if turning older makes me feel a little err ... old.

I don't like ... that tomorrow will be my last day with Shadow. I'll miss you so much buddy. And I don't like that I'll be spending two weeks without seeing The Boy; times like these I'm grateful for things like MSN and telephones (sorry I can not hear you, I'm k-kinda busy)!

I want you to know ... how relieved I am to be finished work. As much as I love my co-workers, this was the worst month in that office at summer school due to the principal. In a nutshell, we compared the place to the situation in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, where the principal was Umbridge. Her parting gifts to us on the last day: a pack of gum, a blue pen (and I'm a black ink writer all the way), a chocolate bar, and a Tim Hortons' gift card (the only part I can appreciate). 

I've planned ... to stay strong during this month despite the ups and downs, the confusions regarding my future educational-wise and thinking about how much emptier my house will be without that loveable pup. Oh, and on a more positive note, I've planned to take A GAZILLION photos while I'm in Vancouver AND I'm bringing my laptop so that way I'll have more frequent blogs about my travels!

I want to say to someone special ... I'll miss you.

And now here's some pictures of my long weekend - Friday was spent celebrating the last day of work with a staff mass and a catered lunch, Saturday was spent having an awesome-food/what-the-eff-is-this-movie night (Memento = great, The Return = WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS MOVIE NEVER SEE IT), and then Sunday and today were spent having quality time with Shadow and with The Boy, exploring waterfalls and then having a barbeque. All in all, a good way to spend a weekend in Ontario before jetting off to British Columbia!

Signs like this kept us sane. Srsly. Dumbledore = old awesome principal. Umbridge = new crazy principal. McGonagull = our awesome vice principal. And me and my co-workers are Ron, Harry, and Hermione.

A group photo with my amazing girlfriends on our movie night :)

Two hikers in front of a waterfall :)


Now, I have to ask:
What do you have planned for August?

Me -- well, I've already explained above but in a nutshell it's to spend as much time with loved ones as possible, and to write a lot more blogs posts! Hope you all had a great weekend!

btemplates

13 comments:

krissy ♥ said...

I am sure August will be wonderful (except for the loss of Shadow, that is). But let's just be comforted by the fact that he will be going to dog heaven where there is no pain :) Sending a hug to Shadow that he might hug my angel fishes for me, too :)

I am so jealous that you will see Kym! Hug Kym for me and she'll hug me for you when she goes to Manila next year :D

I love those signs you put up in the office lol, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is my fave HP movie! (Prisoner of Azkaban is my fave HP book, though.)

I am sure The Boy and your family will miss you loads, too. But just think of all the fun times you'll have on your trip. I am sure the days will fly by and before you know i, you'll be back on your hometown! :)

Have a safe trip Nikolett! And let's get that getting billionaires-plan going! :D

Unknown said...

Hoping & praying that August stays around a little longer than July...which fly right on past us :)
Safe travels to you hun. Have a wonderful time with your sister. How exciting to see her after being apart for almost a year...enjoy every minute/second.

Sara said...

August means 26 days of extraordinary!!! It's my birth month :D

Shibby said...

Have a wonderful trip! Just look forward to the excitement in your future :) I'm always greatful for technology when I go away I'd be lost without it!

littletiara said...

aww! I'm still so envious because you get to meet kym! :| I want to meet bloggy friend toooo... hehehe... (and it's cool that your sister is fabbrunette) hehe...

all in all, have a nice and safe trip! I know I've said it many times but yeah, have a nice and safe trip (LOL!).

Anyway, August will hopefully be fun, I've started it out with something good (remember the big thing I wanted to do earlier today? It was succeeded). I still have some more things to do at hand and I hope everything will be alright.

On a slightly different note, August will be awesome because it's yet another fasting month coming for us the muslims, and of course it'll be awesome because I'll be graduated this month! OMG! Hahaha... :D okay, that's all...

why do I always leave a little too long comment here in your blog? lol

Sara Strand said...

Oy... let's see.

-I have my hubby 30th birthday
-my first canoeing trip (scared shitless since we all know how kayaking went)
-10 year high school reunion (meeting up with my FB stalkers..yay??)
-MN/WI blogger meet up
-planning for daughter's 5th birthday party which may be happening in August after all
-Como Zoo with the kids
-prepping for fall/winter in the house. BOO.

I miss you. :)

Carlito86 said...

I love that you have a mini Harry P situation going on at work! Well, apart from the fact that your 'Umbridge' sounds horrible!

Sounds like you have a full filled month coming up...best thing about August for me...my birthday!! Eeee :)

Focus on the good times this month to pull back from the bad...it will be ok.

Love you xxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

EEEEEEK! I can't contain my excitement! I'm already thinking of the places we'll go and the food we'll eat. hahaha! I hope you have a safe 2 flights over here... it'll be a nice break for you from the hot hot ON heat!

Sorry to hear about the yucky work experience :( it must not have helped either that you had only 2 hrs of sleep on some nights because of ME! :( i will make it up to you by... by... showing you a good time in vancouver. haha!

see you in 4 days!!

the girl in stiletto said...

I SOLEMNLY DEMAND PHOTOS OF YOU & KYMCHI TO BE POSTED ALL OVER THE NET A.S.A.P.

NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED.

have a blast, now!

i'll miss you.

or i'll just blackmail kym to give us updates everyday ehehhehe

bananas. said...

ok that waterfall is GORGEOUS!!! i really need to find some and just start walking in that direction.

have fun in vancouver! here's to an awesome august for you and me both!!!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog via your sister. So cute. I am a fellow coffee lover as well.

Best,

Hannah Katy

Allison said...

I'm adoring the Harry Potter-ness of it all. Through blogging, I've realized that I am definitely not the only Harry Potter nerd out there (NONE of my friends read the books, ahh!).
Have a safe trip, darling! I know it will be an absolutely wonderful experience for you :) I'm sorry about Shadow though - my heart definitely goes out to you sweetie. I can't imagine how hard that will be for you!
Good luck making all these decisions - just take time to breathe and think things out.
Love all your pictures! :)

Zoe said...

Wow that waterfall looks amazing! Great pics :)

Zoe ♥

~ http://confusedsmile.com ~