on an irish coffee trip
Irish Coffee, meet this lovely reader. Lovely reader, meet Irish Coffee. Now, Irish Coffee, do you know what you did on Friday night?
- Besides being absolutely delicious?
- Yes, besides that.
- Besides being a part of a scrumptious dinner date you had with The Boy at an Austrian restaurant?
- Yes yes, besides that too.
- Besides being part-whiskey and part-coffee, which you love so much, topped with --
- Okay, you made me stay up until 3am and I felt like bouncing off the walls instead of sleeping thanks to you.
- Now you know never to have coffee at 8:30pm.
- Yes, I guess I do. But you were delicious.
- Thank you.
- And how are you even talking if I've already consumed you?
- Errrr ...
Anyways! It's been a pretty good weekend, though it's ending on the low note of having to actually do homework (never fun). But Friday night was spent with The Boy going to a great restaurant with huge portions:
Scrumptious breaded mushrooms (recipe of the week!).
Yummy "hunter style" schnitzel with mushrooms and bacon, mmm.
:D
And Saturday was spent catching up with one of my best friends at her house, eating yummy fried wonton with cream cheese and watching the K-drama Boys Over Flowers (or Boys Before Flowers). And today I ate pizza and strawberries and watched How To Train Your Dragon and then X-Factor - I like to watch things not available in North America, apparently.
So, after all this eating and watching I think it's safe to say I put the pro in procrastinator -- after catching up on some blogs I'm locking myself into severe homework mode, followed by working out mode. Wish me luck!
P.S. I need your help! I have two opinions so far (that are going for the right); I'm going to dye my hair sometime soon (as long as I can stand these roots coming in!) but need help choosing which colour to go with. Thoughts? Please and thank you :D
Now I have to ask:
What was your favourite part of the weekend?
And how do you fall asleep when you feel wide awake?







A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
14 comments:
but but i love your current color. but if i have to pick one (since you insisted :P ) i pick the one on the left hand side. urm the loreal paris one
The food you ate looks delicious. Why do we all love food pics so much?
As for the hair color, I think you should do the Medium Red Brown, it will be nice and dark for the fall.
My favorite part of the weekend was going for dim sum this morning. I always have fun with my foursome westside crew.
Last night was the first time I had trouble falling asleep. I didn't sleep until almost 3 am and that's odd for me, especially since I didn't go out. To fall asleep, I watch youtube videos on my iPhone.
I love the conversation you had with the Irish coffee lol I really hope my tip of reading a boring book made you feel sleepy XD I hate it when that happens, when I know I need some sleep yet I can't doze off >.<
I go for the red color as well :) Do you know that I've been longing to dye my hair red as well for the longest time? I'm just scared it might not suit me hee. But I'll have a drastic makeover soon and I'm very excited about it! What I'll makeover is still a secret though lololol ;D
Yummy the food looks soo good :)
My weekend was awesome- went with my BFF who is engaged to look for dresses, went out with friends, caught up on tv shows...
Okay, so I'm basically drooling over that Irish Creme! I have never before tasted it myself; but it looks heavenly! Same for the food - ummmm...hi, I adore you! And now I'm starving!
Gah! You and The Boy are truly too cute for words! AND...I've never dyed my hair before; however, my mom uses Clairol's Natural Instincts and loves it - so my vote goes for that! :)
That irish coffee looks FANTASTIC. But I agree, maybe it is better for earlier hours instead of at a time that will keep you up all night!
It sounds like you and The Boy had a fun, fun weekend!
Ahh that picture of you two is just so CUTE! you guys have the same smile
lol, I love the conversation you had with that cup of coffeee... and it does look really yummy! haha.. even for not-so-much-of-a-coffee-fan like me ;D
and those food oh all those foods! :O *drools* hahaha...
about the color... hmm... i think the golden sienna? I don't know, it looks like it'll match you more :D can't wait to see the changing color of your hair! haha..
I like the color on the right...although your current color is lovely!
All this food looks fricken delish. I'm loving your hair right now, BUT if you want something more different, go for the reddish dye!
I got to see the bf this weekend-- only get to see him on weekend right now since he's working and I'm still in school, so that was nice!
When I'm wide awake, but need to get to sleep, I take really slow, deep breaths and concentrate on my breathing. I usually fall asleep pretty quick after that.
If you were wide awake, why would you want to fall asleep?
an evening with the boy, bacon, and mushroom = perfect. hehe! i actually have no problems sleeping... anywhere, anytime... sometimes people are talking to me in the car and they don't realize i've fallen asleep already. haha! Actually, I ate chocolates at 9:30PM last night and my dad warned me that i wouldn't be able to sleep...... slept like a baby. I think the only times i can't sleep at night is when i have too many things on the brain.. stressed out, etc. But at the same time, some days i am so stressed out and tired that i sleep even better. hahaha! i'm weird.
P.S - i really want to start watching K-dramas now... i wanna see what all the fuss is about! ;P
P.P.S - my word verification is "fatess" ... yes, yes.. i get the hint. that's why i'm hitting the gym today.
oh oh oh and i like the hair color on the right better :)
The coffee looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment