wednesday wishes: back to the west
My bum, it buuuuuurns. Today marked my first day back going to my university gym (I've been working out at home for a year now) and realized that I'm grateful for their machines but not so grateful for the people who either hog them or the bunch of guys who stare at you as you're doing the butt machine - conveniently located by the water fountain. But anyhoos!
I'm slowly trying to get back into the whole "themed" posts I did way back when. Because when it comes to mid-week, hump day, whatever you want to call it, all I can think about is a) the weekend; and b) all the places I'd rather be than my city right about now.
My last post was all about mellow Autumn and I'd honestly much rather be lying on some warm sands getting my (safe) tan on, but the place I'm daydreaming of is only about 2 degrees warmer than here and has rain in the forecast for the next week.
I want to go back to British Columbia. When I hear amazing news like Kym's engagement, or realize that I miss my sister and niece like crazy, I miss how easy it was to just see them. It's been two months since I took a trip out there and now I just want to be back in the west. I think this is my danger in wanting to travel the world - I get so attached to the few places I've been, namely Poland and Vancouver. I'm going to try to apply to teachers college in Vancouver and regardless of what happens, I know I want to visit again soon.
Here are just some things I miss - or some things you should see if you ever take a trip there:
I love how it feels like you've stepped into a different time in Gastown.
I love that I could take pictures of my niece anytime I wanted to.
Bowen Island = amazing, and Daiso is the best dollar store around.
Trying out new places to eat and jumping like a madwoman with Kym in Steveston.
Seeing an amazing mixture of ancient architecture with new architecture.
Taking a dozen water taxis with my sister to explore Granville Island, Yaletown, and KOOZA!
And I'm pretty sure if I lived here as a student I would spend half my days at that library, and my "party" weekends up at Whistler. Ahh, delight.
What places have you been daydreaming about lately?









A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
9 comments:
i can totally see you and peter moving to vancouver. or maybe it's just my selfishness that is making me see this. hahaha! COME BACK!!! maybe sometime next year... around june... perhaps.. *cough*
kymchister, JUNE????
yeeeehaaaa!!
it's totally understandable to daydream about happy places.
right now, i just wished i can laze around, doesn't matter where.
If you moved here that would be awesome!! The weather has been beautiful almost all week!
Ooh, I love, love, love these pictures, Nikolett! It's not so much as a locale that I have been dreaming of lately, more of a simple destination - a cozy library with a roaring fireplace, and being able to curl up with a book there for ages. Weird, I know! :P
Pretty pics! And I know that feeling of working out after a long time of not... it's not fun! lol
you should definitely move to Vancouver, so many shows and great weather. If or When we move back to Canada we are planning on living somewhere in BC. Victoria or Vancouver? we'll see.
@ Kym: Haha, you are too cute. I will try my bestest to come back soon! June ... so soon! That's craziness.
@ de.lizzy.licious: I want to laze around right now too ... and I want us to both go to Vancouver next June hahahaa.
@ Margarita: That would be so amazing :)
@ Erika: Definitely not weird to me! I think it's not so much about the destination itself but how the setting makes you feel ... curling up with a good books sounds like a great way to spend the day.
@ Jaime: LOL thanks for feeling my pain!
MyLittlePhotographs: Ooo, when are you planning to move back? I haven't been to Victoria yet but I can definitely vouch for Vancouver being an amazing place to live.
Pretty pictures sweetie. I love that one of you and Kym jumping and that one with the ancient and new architecture.
I love Vancouver (I live here), but you're not missing out on too much from Dec-May.. stupid rain haha. Still a wonderful place though.
Post a Comment