Pages

3 years

 [image found via pinterest]

Take a seat, pour yourself a cup of coffee (or tea), and grab a piece of cake - Better than Coffee turns 3 today! I wish I could share a piece of cake with all of you around the world. Through this blog I've made some amazing connections, met awesome bloggers-turned-friends (and am planning on meeting at least 3 this year!), and I've been able to chronicle my life with all of its ups, downs, simple smiles and random moments.

Some of my fave blog posts on here from the last 3 years include . . . writing a letter to my body and learning to appreciate it; professing my love for Serendipity and questioning fate/destiny; ranting and raving about public transportation and telling the story of how The Boy and I met; wishing on Wednesdays about different places I'd love to go (Antigua is still a goal!); things that help me when I'm psycho crazy, probably the weirdest-titled list I've made; raving about the best concert ever, seeing MUSE in March 2010; looking back at random ways to spend a weekend, complete with mosquito sunglasses; admitting that you are all better than coffee; looking at a diary entry from when I was 7 years old (I should do this again haha); sharing my recipe on tiramisu; starting my postcard project (it's coming back!); going to Vancouver for the first time to visit my sister and meet Kym for the first time(!); talking about my groundhog week around my birthday; looking back on the year 2010; the beauty and wonderment of being a tourist in your own city; getting into teachers college(!!!): my second trip to Vancouver for my sister's wedding(!!); an amazing weekend in Markham and days to remember; finally fulfilling my dream of a month in Europe and reminiscing about it (I need to share more photos!); bringing back childhood memories by dressing up as Misty for Halloween; and talking about just a few of my favourite things.

I'll admit that I've neglected this blog from time to time but I could never let it go in the sense that I love having a place where I can talk about that great journey of life (cheesy!), have a place where I can rant and ramble and smile, and talk with online people that I wish I could have over for a movie/games night in with a ton of good food. Basically, I just want to give a huge:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Thank you for following, thank you for commenting, thank you for creeping, thank you for all the friendships made and random conversations that make my day!

You all deserve your own personal cake :)
Hopefully this blog will go on for at least another three years, and I would love it if you were all along for the ride! But 'til then: what's your favourite kind of dessert? Because I'm itching to bake!

btemplates

14 comments:

Bree said...

Woohoo! Happy 3 years!
My favorite dessert? Easy peasy-red velvet!
I've been browsing pinterest for valentines day treats I can bake up this weekend just because I feel like it. And then of course, eat it ;)

Stephanie said...

Happy three years! My favorite dessert is cheesecake. I love to bake, I recently just made a delicious apple cake.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

happy 3 years!

my fav dessert is creme brulee. sadly, i am not allowed to eat any dessert because of my blasted 15lbs weight loss program.

oh and we ARE going to meet this year!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BLOGVERSARY!!! (did I spell that right!?) anywho...happy anniversary to you and your awesome blog!!! =)

Amanda said...

Happy bloggy birthday my friend! :) I gave up sugar for a month, and ever since then I've realized I don't like it that much anymore. SHOCKING DISCOVERY. I would say right now, gelato. Yum.

happy hour 24/7 said...

yay! happy three years lady! keep on writing :)

Alexis said...

3 years!! Awesome!!

My favorite easy dessert is shortbread. I love it and it's so easy to make!!

Nashe^ said...

Happy 3 years, Better Then Coffee! It's always nice to look back on a blog to see how far we've come.

(Come on you know I can't pick one favourite dessert!!)

krissy ♥ said...

YOU are better than coffee! And hot cocoa. And yummy choco-milk tea. And lemon wintermelon tea. And Skittles. And all sorts of other yummy things that bring sweetness to my heart :)

Happy anniversary to your blog! I am thankful I met you and we became friends ♥

littletiara said...

YAY! Three years! so we kinda started around the same time? :D I celebrated mine on 2nd of January... (I didn't celebrate it this year, though... *sobs*) I'm so glad I met you! You coffee addict! :D

Sara said...

Happy belated blogiversary Better than Coffee!!

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Happy 3 years to your beautiful blog! May you have another endearing year and many more cherishing moments to come!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to your blog!

Leesh said...

I am so behind in commenting on blogs. I know I am late but congrats on your three years. I really look forward to seeing more of your posts.

My favorite dessert is anything with chocolate!