Pages

you are all better than coffee ♥

I've been a little absent for the last week and I blame it on two words: thesis and exams. Both of them have been taking over my life as of late, and it's put me into a tired funk where all I want to do in my spare time is play video games (very productive, non?). 

But I want to thank you all ... every one of you who has stuck by me for the last year and a bit, every single one of you who comments or follows, all of you who have become such dear friends ... all of you who make me feel sane, or who make me feel like my craziness is normal ... this little 'award' is for you:

 You are better than coffee
(I love writing out things with Scrabble pieces.)

I keep re-reading the comments from last week's post and they are definitely a simple smile - you know just what to say to make this lady feel all warm inside. It's been a bit of an odd week (not to mention tragic, with the Polish president and many other people dying in an airplane crash on the weekend), so instead I'm going to look at other things in life.

They may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one ...

I keep daydreaming lately about things I want to accomplish, places I want to see, people I want to meet ...

Love-wise: I just want to keep being happy, keep being supportive, keep being spontaneous :) And I want to keep making up menus of how our dinners would look for the week - so far we've got Pizza Fridays, Pasta Saturdays, and Pork Chop Sundays :)

Career-wise: I'd love to have my own web-design/blog-design site/company (it's starting to come together, yay!), and then become a teacher ... even if that dream has come face-to-face with a few obstacles. And I'd love to own a little cafe/bookstore/music-store with a lovely garden for people to walk through with a gazebo that couples can make memories in. Err yes, farfetched career.

Traveling-wise: Going to Europe this summer would be amazing. I'm trying to scrounge up any extra moola that I can get for it, and hope my parents would mind  helping me out once more (I promise, one day I will pay them and my sister back for helping me with my education). Hungary, Slovakia and Poland, here I come! And maybe some surrounding countries if I can twist The Boy's arm enough ;)

People-wise: And then in the future, I'd want to go and meet up with blog friends - in the States, in the U.K., in Indonesia, in the Philippines, even in Canada ... or somehow win the lottery and fly all of them out to one destination ... yes, that would be sweet. Any suggestions?

What are your dreams, any-category-wise? Feel free to do this ... it's fun to dream :) 
I'd probably add life-wise = happiness, and style-wise = lots of cute summer dresses and outfits that are comfy.

And no matter what happens with these dreams, make sure that you never forget to:

(I kind of want these Scrabbles pieces, they're nice looking.)

Smile for all the dreams that have come true, smile despite the fact that some haven't come true - one day they might, & smile when you remember all that you have, instead of focusing on what you might not have. A little sappy message from moi to ... toi

What's your simple smile of the week?
I promise regular updates & catching up on blogs are starting ... now.

{Last two pictures courtesy found at Tumblr via Stacy Magallon.}


btemplates

20 comments:

Unknown said...

oh nikolett... you are just a big bag of awesome :)

if i could as well, i'd just have my private pilot take my private jet, pick all of you lovelies up and meet me in... bora bora!!!! haha

gosh, i have many dreams.. many many many dreams.. one of them is to be able to earn/save enough $ to take my whole family on a mediterannean cruise which is my parents dream!

simple smile of the day?? tweeting. hahaha! yes, it has come to this.

Anonymous said...

omG! That's the biggest compliment coming from you! I'm better than coffee for you? Trust me, that says a lot. :)
Nice to know you're back... missed ya!
I love the way you've done the post. I'll be doing the same thing on my blog, and will link it back to yours. Hope you don't mind.
Here's wishing you the best of luck for achieving all those things in due time, InshaAllah.

Ebbiemae said...

I covet your coffee mug!!
xo cait

the girl in stiletto said...

i really hope you will get to experience europe the way you want it to be :) because i honestly think that europe is such a beautiful place. i have to agree with kym-chi. bora-bora for meetup with blogger friends would be the awesomest thing that will ever happen in my entire life :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute post.

My dream right now? Eating a french baguette with fresh butter. That's it. :)

erika sorocco said...

"And I'd love to own a little cafe/bookstore/music-store with a lovely garden for people to walk through with a gazebo that couples can make memories in." That is my simple smile of the week. You have just put my hidden dream into words. :)

Anonymous said...

DAHH! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who Scrabble-tile spells things.
It makes me smile :)

Amanda said...

dude, this post is my simple smile for the day. I normally don't take the "this is for all y'all" awards but I'm taking this one, because I think YOU are better than coffee :) Your dreams are beautiful. I need to dream more. I tend to squash my own dreams before they even take root.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Sweet post.... it's always important to take time to smile :)

You should get that book soon- what's taking so long!!? lol

Kristen said...

Your blog makes me smile... I just adore it. And I know what you mean with insane craziness. I am two weeks away from my finals... and trying to outline and finish papers and write breifs and I am losing my mind. Ugh.
But... when I have time it's fun to daydream about what I will do when I have some free time....

krissy ♥ said...

Seriously, this post made me tear up, but in a good way! This has got to be one of my favorites (in the same league as the previous one LOL)! I'd love to do a post like this as well, if you don't mind :)

I hope you get all of these goals, and more! I love you Nikolett, you are not just a simple smile but a big toothy, sparkling grin! :D

Iva Messy said...

you make me smile all the time!! I'm glad things are going well.....and always dream...even during the hectic exam times ;)

josie(bean) said...

yaaaay youre back! and i really love your "wise" words, agreed with them 100%. if only getting on a plane cost as much as my daily train fare ($2, haha) then i would without a doubt visit all my favorite bloggy ladies. some day!

for now, wishing you a wonderful rest of your week :)

Anonymous said...

I love all those Scrabble photos! So cute!

I love smiling so I try to do it a lot. Especially because my husband never smiles, so it's funny when the two of us are together. :)

MalDeeTuh said...

i don't know if this just too weird...i want to be a teacher too, i'd be taking my licensure exams this september and an entreprenuer ( my first degree), i want to open up my own cafe as well...AND i also follow you at Tumblr...

tc! hope all ur dreams come true!

Shing Camps said...

Hi! I am from the Philippines :-) I'm sure you're going to love it here when you come over to visit. Why don't you try Panglao, Bohol :-) I work in Bohol and I am seeing a lot of foreign tourists and some even decide to stay there for good :-)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I see big things for you lady. You have amazing goals that you will no doubt achieve! Right now I'm dreaming of having a second bambino...and watching our little baby blog grow!

Andhari said...

By Indonesia do you mean me? *raises hand, batting eyelashes*

I have good faith that you'll be able to do all of those, Nikolett. You'll be a great teacher and I can visualize you having fun n Europe. Taking a stroll in Amsterdam or shopping in Paris :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Sweetie, you are just a burst of positivity. Simple smile of the week would have to be dropping by your blog. =) Smile always and stay positive.

rachaelgking said...

Good luck hon!!!!!!! You must be done with the Thesis by now- I know you rocked it (and are hopefully at a bar throwing back a celebratory beer!)