retail therapy makes me smile.
There's nothing like some retail therapy to get your mind off of your laptop, which is suffering from spyware and so you have to reformat it but first you have to put 38GB worth of pictures and music onto DVDs so that way you don't lose your precious pics and tunes. -Le sigh- At least I have my desktop!
But yes, I finally made a trek to the mall - solo. I love going with friends, and usually when I'm alone, I feel really vulnerable to passerby's' glares n' stares. Nevertheless, I braved it alone and got myself some things and only shopped in the mall for an hour before I had to leave ... because Second Cup/Booster Juice/Yogen Fruz kept calling out to me and I knew it wasn't worth it to spend $4 on a drink. Yay, resistance!
So here's my mini-shopping haul, haha.
I finally decided to use the MAC giftcard from my sister! I was intimidated going there, since it's full of women dressed in black with crazy make-up, but the lady who helped me was surprisingly nice. She approved of my tentative choices with eyeshadows (Tempting, Woodwinked and Retrospeck) and my blushes (Fleur Power, Sunbasque, and Springsheen).
As she showed me the eyeshadows, all I could think was that I had similar colours at home. Which reminded me of my Mom, her voice shouting in the back of my head: Why do all your eyeshadows look alike?! Stop spending money on the same things! So, I decided to go with a blush!
We decided Sunbasque would give me a nice sun-kissed glow like I've basked in the sun (whoa, clever name), and as she applied it on me with a Mac brush -- the first time I've ever felt one on my face -- I felt like I was having an orgasm in heaven, haha.
Looks like I can cross another thing off my 43 Things list, since a blush is just as good as an eyeshadow! Whoopah! (Yes, I have weird ways of saying yay, haha).

Got my bikini! My first non-patterned one in a while, too. It' s got detachable straps and no strings at the bottom, which is what I was looking for. I originally wanted it in white, and then decided that I didn't want to flash the whole beach with my nipples and punani once I got out of the water. So, cerulean it is! Reminds me of Cerulean City in Pokemon (oh wow, I am a dork).

And a basic black $10 tank top with diagonal straps in the back from H&M. Perfect length to pass off with just leggings (which I'd never wear as pants) but also perfect as a tank top with jeans.
So whoo-hoo for a shopping spree! And thanks so much everyone for your comments, awards and all. This blog was much more of just an experiment in the beginning, and while I still have so much more planned for this blog, I'm so happy and grateful for the blog friends that I also love reading daily. I'll stop being cheesy now! I'm off to get some cappuccino with my galfriend, hope you have an amazing weekend!


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
14 comments:
yay for shopping! love your bikini! the color and the style of the top are cute! and you're so right about the white bikini.. i always contemplate because i love white but the price to pay is too high. hahahah! ;P
ohhh I have the Fleur Power blush and I LOVE IT!
it's been a while since i've gone on a shopping spree. i've been saving money for italy and it's killing me because sales are starting right now. haha~
i don't own any MAC make up, but i would like to get some lip gloss from there. the MAC places intimidate me, everytime i go there no one asks if i would like any help, so i end up walking out ^^ ;;
I feel you! I haaaate shopping solo. I always feel über conspicuous. Even more so in japan where I stick our like godzilla :)
Love the pokemon reference. Haha you're such an おたく otaku
the bathing suit is beautiful.. now i want to take a picture of mine because its almost identical to that one but with black bottoms and the blue top. very very cute :) and i love the black top too, sounds like you're having a wonderful weekend dear!
There is nothing better than a successful shopping spree. And judging from the loot displayed here, yours was beyond successful - the color of that swimsuit reminds me ever so much of the oceans of the Virgin Islands.
You've made me long for a shopping spree of my own. Problem is, I'm not sure what I'm after at the moment...
Ooo i love your finds!I love MAC to and i love the tank top from H&M.. speaking of which i should go check on their summer style:)On Monday perhaps:)
Anyway thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!Fell free to come back anytime!
Happy Sunday!
Stopping by from 20sb! Ur blog is so cute!
haha that's something my mom would say too. And I love MAC blush! it's the only MAC makeup i own lol.
also, good decision on not choosing the white bathing suit haha. Those have a tendency of being see-thru once wet!
That is the cutest bathing suit top!!!
@ Kym: Thanks! I'd love to buy a white bikini just to lounge in without going in the water ... but I love the water too much to buy a bikini just for that purpose!
@ My Wooden Heart: It was so hard to decide between those ones, it's such a pretty colour!
@ Leanne: Gah, I know how you feel! I hope you save up lots for amazing things in Italy, though. I'm saving up for Europe next year; this was kind of a 'necessity + giftcard' shopping spree, for sure! And that sucks about the MAC ladies, it sucks when they don't even acknowledge you.
@ sarah: Oh wow, I can only imagine shopping in Japan by myself. I'd get so lost and self-conscious! And you need to teach me some Japanese, okay? :)
@ nicole addison: You -HAVE- to take a picture, I want to see it now! Haha.
@ Cafe Fashionista: Your reference to the Virgin Islands now has me daydreaming about a tropical getaway, which would be amazing! You always have such great finds on your blog, I'm sure you'll find something to 'spree' after!
@ Design It Chic: I hope you find some great things there! And you're most welcome :D
@ Lisa: Thanks so much! And yeah, definitely wanted to avoid the see-thru-ness haha.
@ 5 in. Heels: I agree! It's something different, I love the fake-wrap style!
Retail shopping is the BEST!
I like that bikini, the color and the style!!!
If you're feeling a little playful come drop for Monday Matters at www.mrszeus.blogspot.com
I love the bikini, and I love that blush too! I'm glad you liked it. I agree, MAC eyeshadow looks a lot the same. The best time to buy is when they have palettes. My fave one was the holiday "smokey" eyes ones, you get the most use out of a set like that where you get 4 or 6 shadows in one set.
God I love shopping, been doing a lot of it lately! Clothes, bags, accessories, you name it, I've bought it. In fact, I think I've been on a shopping spree for the last year. I just never stopped!
Shopping always makes me smile :)
Post a Comment