two coffees a day keeps the ...?
This weekend was a combination of a lot of rum and coke's, a lack of sleep, and a LOT of coffee (which is my favourite, but I was a little desperate for it since I've been on the verge of passing out everywhere)! Friday we celebrated The Boy's 22nd birthday yet again, but this time it was a house party at his place with a bunch of his closest friends.
Now, here's where I make another confession -- I've never been drunk. Never suffered a hangover, never puked due to alcohol ... the most I've been is buzzed and tipsy. On Friday, it was just a nice buzz, confirmed by a girlfriend when I asked, "Why does my head feel fuzzy?" But the birthday boy ... well, that was another story altogether. The Boy made a walking trip to get more booze only to find the place was closed, and then went to a pub with one of his friends and grabbed a couple of beers. When they finally came back, he had a bunch of flowers in his hands for me, and he said he wasn't sure where he picked them from. Very sweet, even though he was smashed!
Then, his friend pressured him to drink a couple of more shots. The result? Catastrophe. I spent the rest of the night nursing the birthday boy through five separate throw-ups, and somehow managed to stomach eating pizza WHILE he was doing that. I guess that's amore (or disgusting)!
After he finally passed out - DIAGONALLY, on the bed - I slept about 4 hours that night, after cleaning up his place. I'm an awesome girlfriend, haha. He spent Saturday making it up to me and grabbing me lots of coffee and food, so it was awesome though tiring! Saturday night I hung out with a couple of girlfriends -- going to Williams' Coffee Pub and grabbing me a blended iced cappuccino, since I was so out of it.
Basically, two coffees a day keeps the sleepiness away, if only temporarily! I hope you all had a blast this weekend and thanks so much for the sweet comments for Wednesday Wishes, I'll definitely continue it!
Recipe Of The Week: I'm in the summer mood, even if the weather isn't completely agreeing with me. So, this time I'm sharing something I really want to make during the next few months: Very Berry Summer Cake! I love the fact that the recipe mostly depends on yogurt, I've never made a cake like that before. If I ever attempt it, you know I'll for sure fill you in on how it went!
And, since it's been a while since I've updated (only once last week = not good!), I'm loading this entry with a little five-question meme from Under The Sheets-Shh, which you all should try out, too!
The Five Questions Are:
1) What topic would you write your book about?
I'm actually trying to write a book right now! I'm on pg40 so far, and it's about a mid-twenties girl who is a graphics designer and is dealing with love lost and asking whether she should change herself or if there really is that guy out there that can love her for her. Full of silly humour, but also really relateable, I think!
2) What is one of your guilty pleasures?
The elixir of life -- coffee. If you couldn't tell already!
3) What are some of the things you do to get yourself out of a bad mood?
Drink coffee, talk with The Boy, play The Sims or Rollercoaster Tycoon, spending 15 minutes playing with my adorable dog, or blasting music and singing along with it!
4) How long do you think it will take to get the U.S. economy back on track?
Well, they've done it before so I'm sure they'll manage to do it again. While I'm Canadian, Obama did promise change and hopefully he'll live up to his word and manage to devise ways to bring the economy back around!
5) Do you think there is a fine line between creepy and romantic?
Oh goodness, yes. Based on a friends' experience: if you've only been dating for two months, talking about your kids in the future and saying 'I love you' after every single sentence in a text message is not romantic -- it's creepy AND too soon. I think creepiness also depends on how the two people mesh together in a relationship. Edward from Twilight is creepy just overprotective, haha.
Let me know if you fill this out too, I'd love to read them!
Have an awesome start to your week!


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
9 comments:
i've never gotten drunk or used drugs. however, i def. want to get drunk just once. haha hope this comment doesn't wind up under a search result of my name!!!and yes i would want to try weed just once. i know i won't like it since i hate the smell, but still, just for the sake of not being prudish i guess? and ugh don't even wanna guess about the economy. it's just draggingggg on and onnnnnnn
Love your answers and your blog sweetie! Thank you for playing along and I am so glad that we found each other.
that's amore indeed! i dont know how you stomached that pizza. hahah! ;P anyway.. i've never been drunk either... just buzzed..... besides.. alcohol is expensive. hahaha!
i`ve also never been drunk! i get tipsy reaaaaally quickly because i am as weak as hell, but i tend to not go much further than that. call me wise, call me scared, i dont want to be that girl people have to roll home :@
So. I have gotten drunk many a time. Woot. lol
Not only have I never been drunk; I've never even tasted alcohol before, and have no intention of doing so. The smell alone bothers me.
Love your answers!
I've gotten high off of coffee. Because I never drink it, so when I do it's like woaah.
A Colombian who doesn't like coffee, go figure.
hey there (: thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! you can join in the fun too by starting your own mini-series on your blog if you'd like (: and I think if you and Ian ever met, you two english majors would have ALOT to talk about! see u around! xx
@ Emy Augustus: It'd be so funny if it was the first result that came up! I hope it doesn't, though. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying something out, weed is such a horrendous smell though, I agree!
@ Laura: Thanks so much :)
@ Kym: I have no idea, either! And now my boyfriend says he doesn't want pizza for at least a week since he vaguely remembers a pizza smell as he was vomiting ... whoops!
@ Sarah: I think tipsy is just as good as getting drunk, and there's no vomiting involved!
@ Margarita: You seem to be the odd one out in these comments, haha. You're awesome :)
@ Cafe Fashionista: Wow, I don't know many people like that, all the more power to you! It does smell really funky, which is why I usually have 80% juice/soda and then 20% alcohol in my drinks!
@ Mae December: Whoa ... I haven't heard that one before! You definitely don't fit the stereotype then!
@ Adele: No problem, and thanks for the inspiration! I don't have many English major friends, so I'm sure we would :D
Post a Comment