wednesday wishes #2
I'm not an avid believer or follower of horoscopes; I just enjoy reading them at the end of the night and seeing if any of their 'prophecies' for my day actually came true. Today, my horoscope for Virgo was: You've got some substantial opportunities heading your way. Discuss your plans with someone who may want to join you.
I want the opportunity to travel to Dubrovnik, Croatia while going around Europe. Care to join me? :)

Dubrovnik is known as the Pearl of the Adriatic [Sea], and it's not hard to see why! I'm a sucker for white houses with bright red roofs, so I would most likely spend most of my time in this place looking upwards and admiring the architecture.

This city is located at the extreme south of Croatia and is known as a World Heritage Site. So while I know it will have an abundance of culture ... is it wrong of me to really just want to go on the beach? I can picture myself getting the perfect tan ... which is making me curse the rain that's taking over Ontario today!

Then, of course, I'd want to do some shopping. Maybe get a few beautifully coloured necklaces, or wander down a narrow cobblestone side street and find a dress, standing on its lonesome, just waiting for me to try it on!

I'd definitely want to play up the 'tourist' role in this city and go down Stradun, the main street, and see the neat bridge of Franjo Tuđman. But at the end of the day, I'm going to be craving some ice cream, for sure.
All pictures found via Flickr.
Ah, I wish my city was more like this. Or that I lived nearby the Adriatic Sea rather than Lake Ontario which is err, not a very sanitary body of water. Thanks for wishing with me this Wednesday!
It's Wednesday, and I'm already craving the weekend ... soon, Nikolett, soon haha. Hope you all have a great hump day :)


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
20 comments:
What a lovely city! It definitely looks interesting with beautiful sceneries, I hope you get to go!
I'm going to Florida this weekend (for business, unfortunately), but I've never been...hopefully I get to see their beautiful beaches & compare them to SoCal's! =)
Happy Wednesday!
yes I would love to come!! Croatia is somewhere I have always wanted to visit so badly!
I am in and also a Virgo! :-)
urgg.. It looks breathtaking! And I have to agree with your Lake Ontario comment.... it made me laugh but it's true!!!
i'll go with you!! :) when i win the lottery i'll give you a call. haha glad you're having a wonderful wed. dear, <3 you!
I would love to come ;)
It's sad that Croatia wasn't included in our itinerary last year. But I promise to go there one day! :)
Enjoy the rest of your week! :)
greetings from Jakarta Indonesia :) happy blogging and have a gorgeous day to you :)
One of my classmates while I was in France was from Dubrovnik...and I was like, "where?" but I googled it and it quickly made the list of places I want to go. Those pictures get my feet itching for travel! sadly, no trips *anywhere* on my horizon.
Wow that is a beautiful city!
I don't usually believe in horoscopes but the last three times I've read my horoscope, they've been surprisingly accurate/relevant! It kind of freaked me out!
You painted the most marvelous picture about shopping. Wandering down cobblestoned streets. Buying colorful necklaces. Yes! Yes! Yes! :)
Put me down for some of that fabulous jewelry!
Ive been there and its amazing! You should definately head there and Split which is also stunning!
why yes, i do care to join you!! those pics are soooo amazing, i wish i had expendable cash flow coming in so i could just travel all the time.
Croatia looks gorgeous! The only insight I have into Croatia is that when one of their tennis players (Goran Ivanisevic)won Wimbledon, upon his arrival back to the country he stripped down to his undies on the tarmac....and everyone around him was cheering. Heh, random, but I guess to go along with a pretty place, they're a fun bunch. :P
If you're blond, DON'T GO. If you're female, DON'T GO. Many Australian women have gone there, and been harrassed, kidnapped or killed by the Croatian police. Britt Lapthorn, an Aussie girl was found with her arms, head and legs hacked off, floating in the ocean, 18 days after being kidnapped by the police. The cops deny it, but the other women have all given descriptions to the Aussie cops, and the government is warning everyone to stay away. You could probably google her name and find out what happened.
i will most definitely come with you!!!!
when are you free? :p
i had the hugest crush on this croatian boy who went to my church when i was bout 16 years old. he moved back. so lets go and see if we can find him! <3
I would love to be your travel buddy! the place looks so beautiful, I think I might be falling in love with it as well. ;)
@ steph: I hope you managed to enjoy the sunshine despite doing business there!
@ Olivia Rae: It's beautiful, eh? I hope you manage to go sometime :)
@ Addict: Yay, fellow Virgos unite!
@ My Wooden Heart: Haha, I was wondering who would know what I was talking about with Lake Ontario, it's sad that it's true!!
@ nicole addison: <3 you too, and I hope you win the lottery :D
@ Margarita: Come aboard :)
@ Jessica: Aw, I'm sure you still got to see amazing places though! Did you go all around Europe?
@ genial: Thanks so much! I never pictured having visitors to this blog from so far away, that's awesome :)
@ teasinglydiverse: Aw, at least you know where it is now! I hope that you at least get to make some day trips some place during the summer!
@ SassyGirl: Whoa, that is weird! Three times ... that's definitely not a coincidence. I hope they were good things in your horoscope!
@ Cafe Fashionista: Aw, thank you. You definitely need to come along!
@ Kristin: I was definitely thinking about buying some colourful necklaces in Europe and having a giveaway here on the blog ... of course, that'd happen over a year from now!
@ Mia Dickinson: Ooo, glad someone's been there! That's awesome, and thanks for the suggestion :D
@ josie(bean): Don't we all, eh? I'm saving up so much for this, I hope these wishes don't remain wishes!
@ Archana: Hahaha, that made me laugh out loud, that's a great story :)
@ Jewels Diva: Um, thanks for the warning. I'm not blonde and though I am female, I'm not going alone (I'm going with a male). I'll take caution for sure, but every place around the world has its little 'omens', so I'll make sure to be careful!
@ sarah: Aww, I hope you find him and then he can take you to Croatia haha. As for me, I'm free all next summer to go :)
@ Farah: Yay, glad someone else is falling in love with it too!
I loved Dubrovnik. I was there about 7 years ago (I went on a university exchange to Slovenia for a year), and completely fell in love with the place. So much so that in my mind, I mentally packed up all of my belongings, and into one of the white little houses with the honey coloured tiles. Walking along the city wallks, looking out over the Adriatic, was definitely the highlight. xx
Post a Comment