simple smiles #7
The whole day at work I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what made me simply smile. Though I had a great, relaxing weekend complete with a pizza box and The Boy at the beach watching not one, but two rainbows, I needed something a little more recent.
Fast forward to me getting home, exhausted from work and finding -- a package for me! Courtesy of Aubrey's amazing giveaway and the incredibly talented Kate from Eyelet, I now have a beautiful metallic-cork mousepad!

I pretty much destroyed the lovely purple tissue-paper due to my excitement. Woops!

Such a cute note :)

Posing and being
Thank you so much! In the spirit of giving, I have to give a shout-out to Nicole's lovely giveaway, Iva's giveaway with only one day left, and this gracious giveaway from BonBon Rose. I'm still coming up with ideas for my own 50th blog post coming up so I can give back to you all who have brought me simple smiles just with your words!

There's something inherently beautiful about the act of giving, whether it be a simple hug or smile to someone who needs it. You don't have to go out and spend hundreds of dollars to show someone you care -- it can be meaningful in the words "you mean so much to me."
Definitely going to keep all this in mind! This week is going to be brutal, what with work and performing ten minutes from A Midsummer's Night Dream in my Shakespeare class this week (I'm dressing up as a man!), as well as very uncertain plans for the weekend. But I'm going to keep my mind on giving to others, and being grateful for everything I've been given. I'm off to admire my mousepad some more, but here's some questions for you: What is a spontaneous or unexpected gift you've received? What do you find beautiful about giving?
Cheesy post is cheesy :)


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
20 comments:
i absolutely love that we both had that happen to us today..or recently! wasnt it the best feeling? but i do admit..i love giving more than recieving. i cant wait for your giveaway.. trust me its great fun and you get the most wonderful comments. and ps i love that picture of you and the mouse pad haha so awesome :)
Yes...today is the day of receiving our etsy gifts!!! I received 2 in fact :) The mousepad is soooo sparkly...i love it & that you love it even more. This is why i do the giveaways on my blog every week. To see a smile come upon those who win. It's my way of "Pay It Forward". Have a lovely week & you must post pics of you as a man. I love Shakespeare. I actually have part of one of his poems tattooed on my back.
How cute!!! Love that mousepad!
I love giving to others... I enjoy it so much, I will go out of my way to do it. I just love making people smile.
oh i love giveaways! your new mousepad is adorable. i just received my giveaway prize this past weekend and the giver threw in some little unexpected treats so that was exciting. and i just announced a winner to my own giveaway. it's so much fun to give!
Aw, that;s such a cute mousepad! Giveaways are the best :D
Oh that is so cute! I love give-aways!:)
i love those quotes, they are so right... you gain more from GIVING! :) have fun dressing up as a man nikolett! hehehe! ;P
yay for winning that pretty pretty mousepad! and beautiful inspo quotes, i totally live by giving to others - the simplest thing being a smile (i pretty much live by that "Elf" quote, "smiling is my favorite!"...im also a huge dork ahaha), and the best thing anyone can give me is a simple smile back!
:) :) :) :) <--many web smiles for you! hehe
oh cool! congratz on winning! the mousepad is awsome!
*loves*
Ooooooooo, jealous. That is fabulous!
Wow that mousepad's pretty, which reminds me, I gotta go get a new one 'cause mine's old and fading already.
The thing I like the most about giving is the fact that it makes whoever the reciever is happy. There's nothing like causing happiness to other people, may it be your friends or total strangers.
P.S You have lovely eyes, dear! :)
How Cute.. I love receiving surprises in the mail.
I find the excitement, surprise, and happiness seen in the receiver to be the most beautiful thing about giving. :)
I really love that Anne Frank quote :)
That mouse pad is so pretty and unique. I've never seen one made out of cork! How did your performance go? I hope it went well. it must be quite interesting cross dressing!
aha, that's one cute mousepad, really! :)
the unexpected gifts I've received? Probably none yet because I'm just too sneaky I always knows it when people is about to give me something, lol. xD but I do love giving something out, I love to see the smile :) honestly, that's just too touching, haha... you know, I have a weak heart :P
This post oozes cuteness. :) I love the feeling of giving, and when you're on the receiving end of an unexpected little something - it's the best thing everrr!
Awww what a great mousepad!
@ nicole addison: Aww, thank you for your sweet comments! I can't wait for my giveaway, I just want to make sure I give away something great :)
@ Aubrey: I think your 'pay it forward' idea is amazing, it definitely brings a smile and inspires me to pass it on!
@ Lily G: Me too!
@ Margarita: I can tell, and you do an amazing job at it :)
@ bananas.: Aw, your giveaway was amazing and I think it's great that so many are willing to give :)
@ FabBlab: So true!
@ Andhari: Ditto!
@ Kym: ROFL, thanks Kym! You'll be able to see pics in my latest entry, haha.
@ josie(bean): Aww, this entire comment made me smile, thank youuuu!! :) :) :) :) :)
@ Toothfairynotes: Thank youuu!
@ Kristin: Aw, you should get your hands on one, it's awesome!
@ Jessica: I love your explanation and hope you get a sweet mousepad too! And thank you :)
@ Amanda K: Ah, I so agree! I think snail mail is making a comeback, e-mails are great but snail mail is something so physical and amazing.
@ Erika: Aw, that's such an endearing comment, love it!
@ Girl With The Golden Touch: Ditto, she was such a brilliantly-minded girl.
@ becks: Definitely a unique mousepad! And the performance went really well, thank you! I blog about it, too :)
@ Little Miss Tiara: You are too adorable, knowing when you're going to get gifts, haha.
@ Archana: Ahh, I so agree! I love bringing little bundles of joy (well not babies, but y'know) to someone I care about!
@ My Wooden Heart: It really is, I'm afraid of ruining it though! Haha.
Post a Comment