Pages

simple smiles #8

Oh wows, it's been a week since I've posted -- it's been full of busy times, both good and not-so-good, but I think it's all those moments in general that make up my crazy life that provide my simple smile of the week.

For instance, Thursday was spent cross-dressing as Demetrius from A Midsummer's Night Dream, complete with chest hair:



It was amazing, one of my classmates' friends who tagged along actually THOUGHT I WAS A GUY. A bit scary, but it was all worth it -- our little group of four gals got 100% on the presentation!

After that, Friday was spent relaxing to prepare for an awesome day in T.O. with my sister, running around in the rain and enjoying Gerard Butler in poster-size and movie theatre-size:



The movie was "The Ugly Truth" and was very adorable (I can so relate to her 'spazzy dance' when something great happens) though it was definitely your typical rom-com. We also enjoyed some shopping and some yummy food (a pulled-pork sandwich that inspired this recipe of the week) and peach(!) beer:



And then, going out for a house party later that night, which turned into drama central, though it was fun being with The Boy after not seeing him all week.

Then Sunday, my street turned into a lovely river flooded area because of all the heavy rainfalls. What a nice way to end off the weekend! Haha.



And you have to help me wish some very warm wishes for two gals with very similar names! First is Kimberly from My Wooden Heart who is on a road trip right now to live in L.A from Canada! I think that's amazing and I hope you have a safe drive and an awesome time settling in :) And a very very happy belated birthday to the beloved Kym from Bee Creative who just celebrated her birthday! Give 'em lots of love!

Now, you know I gotta ask:
What made your weekend memorable?

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I hope you're all doing amazingly well! :) Expect more from me as soon as this week is over, haha.

btemplates

18 comments:

Unknown said...

hey crazy lady! i was starting to wonder where you were! i posted something about coffee where the coffee beans were pooped out of cats and thought of you!!! hehe!

and where do i even begin with this post... i love that cupcake your sis made!!!! chocolates galore. yumm!

and i would have loved to see pics of your fake chest hair. haaha! congrats on the 100%

saw the ugly truth as well.... i'm sooooo like her with the spazzy dance and little squeal of "EEEEEEEE!!!" hahahah!

and wow... flooding??? Thats crazy! the weather has been crazy here too... last sautrday it was super hot and sunny during the day then at night the sky turned orange and we had lighting and thunder. weird.

my weekend was memorable.... because... well it was spent with the lover and thats always memorable! :) hehe

have a great week nikolett!

Addict said...

WOW such a packed post! Peach beer sounds amazing! I must try... Also I need to see The Ugly Truth. Going Wednesday. Promise!

That cupcake looks delicious!

bananas. said...

well hello darling! you've been busy. let me first say that meal looks scrumptious and peach beer screams summertime so what's with the flooding!?!? eek. i hope to never experience that. my weekend was jam packed with fun too but what made it most memorable was my va va voom hair. i love it! HA! happy monday to you. keep on smiling.

Jessica said...

I agree with Kym. I was beginning to wonder where on earth could you possibly be 'cos you haven't been updating lately. Good to know you're back!

LOL at you dressing up as a guy, complete with chest hair. That's so funny, I can only imagine!

Well, my weekend wasn't entirely memorable. SAME, SAME! If not for my friend's send off party, then it would've been a complete BLAH!

paddle to shore said...

Hmmmm... leaving for Los Angeles has made my weekend memorable!

. said...

I was wondering about the Ugly Truth. I'm such a sucker for romantic comedies!! Great packed post!

Andhari said...

You look soooo hilarious and cute dressing like a man like that! The pic with the sis is so pretty though, both of you!

josie(bean) said...

ahehe you are too cute! pretending battles with those balloon swords are the best times, esp. with your burly man-muscles here :) also your dress to see The Ugly Truth is adorable (loves me the plaid), and i think mr. Gerard Butler feels the same (i see him eyeing you over there...lucky duck)!

glad your weekend turned out so fun, minus dramarama and flooding - but hey at least you can wear cute rain/flood boots and kick both the puddles and the drama to the curb :D

have a great rest of your week lady!!

Toothfairy said...

wahahhaha is that really really just tea and vaseline??? wow! but uhm... It would be so ew, if someone was kissing or touching your face then... :P


*loves*

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Peach beer? YUMMMMMM!

Dawn said...

I want to try that peach beer! it sounds like you had a crazy-fun weekend. which is always great! I did as well!

Carlito86 said...

Wow ... floods scare me!!

Looks like you had a great time!! I really want to see that film with GORGEOUS Gerard Butler ;)

xxx

Adele said...

hmmmm. peach bear! haha and you totally rock that beard! (: I had maple beer once while on holiday in canada and it was amazing! need to get my hands on some peach beer sometime (: xx

Lan said...

WOW awesome pictures!! seems like it is really flooded :)

sarah said...

i saw that gerard butler was dating jennifer aniston. nooooooooo! not her! she will eat you alive! and then cry about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikolettalett! i am busy working on the parcel! aiming to have it sent out by next monday! sorry its taken me so long x

Iva Messy said...

you look dashing!! :)

that cupcake and meal OMG both look so delish!!!

Archana said...

Okay that cupcake looks totally sinful and delicious! Send me someee, haha.

Also you look adorable as a boy. :P Loved reading this post with all the pictures!

Nikolett said...

I hope you all get to try that peach beer someday, and I would love to send you all cupcakes :)

And thanks for the compliments and wondering where I've been ... I'll be back for sure this Thursday :)