wednesday wishes #3
This week calls for some serious celebrations throughout North America. So, although I want to keep wishing and dreaming about Europe in 2010, I also want to focus on the parts of Canada I haven't seen, or parts of Canada I'd love to revisit -- and what's a more perfect occasion than Canada's Day itself? Happy 142 years, homeland!

Starting off in the west coast, it'd be amazing to visit Victoria, British Columbia (and Vancouver too, of course)! Anything to do with gorgeous buildings right near the waterfront will immediately draw me in. I'd be a major tourist here, as well as driving through to Edmonton and seeing the enormous West Edmonton Mall. [All pictures courtesy of Flickr.]

I'm from Ontario originally (born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days, chilling out maxing relaxing all ... *cough*) and Toronto is only an hour away from me ... but I've only been on the CN Tower once as a child. I'm terrified of heights, but have resolved to go sometime in the near future! Toronto is full of things to do, from Yonge & Dundas to the zoo, Ontario Place, ahh ... I love amusement parks.

Instead of heading to Niagara Falls, which I go to about once a year, I'd go to Niagara-On-The-Lake instead. It introduced me to my love of gazebos, thanks to this beautiful white one right alongside the lake. This quaint town is full of culture, cute shops with delicious fudge and keepsakes, and beautiful trails to bike along. Love it.

But after relaxing there, I'd party it up hard in Montreal, Quebec. I've been to Quebec City itself, but I've only ever driven through Montreal. I'd love to explore the nightlife and the tourist attractions by day!

Finally, I'd take either a ferry or drive over the bridge to Prince Edward Island. I went there as a child and immediately fell in love -- but don't remember what it was like to watch the sunset at the ocean. Anyone care to join me?
As much as I want to travel, having 'staycations' seems like the way to go ... and I'm sure there's so much to explore in your own home country, state, city, town, etc. What places do you wish to visit nearby where you live?
Unfortunately it's supposed to rain all day today, so I doubt there'll be fireworks in store for me and The Boy tonight. But I hope everyone in Canada enjoys a day off (unless of course, you have a job that doesn't give you a day off, in which case, I am sorry)! I have a bunch of tags in store for my next entry, but for now, I'm going to wish away about Canada!


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
21 comments:
wow, I love those pictures and I'd love to visit all the places you've described! Have a wonderful holiday!!!
happy Canada day to you! I remember visiting the niagra falls! It was magical (: I'm going back someday. OH, and what I really remember is having a veal sandwich in some market in toronto. Wow. Best. Sandwich. Ever! (: xx
It's raining where you are? Oh, I'm jealous. Have a Happy Canada Day! :)
Its a beautiful place ......I am planing to move ! but after some time....
Jolliieess!!!
happy canada day! canada is so gorgeous. I forgot bc I haven't been back in years!
liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com
I can't believe I've never been to Canada. Must plan a trip!
i`d love to go to canada. my best friend went on an exhange year in high school and she loved it. i`ve never really wanted to go to the states, but canada has grown on me!
oooh yes a swap! and don`t be silly!!! :p anything from canada would be exciting. we should swap addresses and plan through there - my email is sjc.richmond@gmail.com
yay yay!!
Wow, Canada! I've friends all over Canada. They were once in the Philippines and then they migrated there. From Ontario, to Quebec..they're all over the place. And amazing cos the one's in Quebec are already fluent in French. I can imagine how nice it is in Canada.
Ah! Beautiful places! I love the niagara lake the most! Really! I've never heard of it before and it looks fantastic and calming! I'll make sure one day if I visit Canada I'll go there :D
and the other places are beautiful too!
Um, if I remember correctly, PEI was so boring... it was Nova Scotia that was gorgeous.... But anyway! LOL
What beautiful pictures indeed. Thanks for the sweet comment girlie. You've got another reader ♥
i really need to go to canada. ive waned to for so long..its on my list :)
Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to visit. When I was flipping over my calendar to July, I noticed Canada Day written on it, but never really thought I'd end up wishing someone Happy Canada Day, heh. So here goes, Happy Canada Day. :P
Happy Canada day (belated). I been to Toronto before and loved it. Yay Canada.
oh... you're photos... so amazing...
I want to go to the niagara falls!!!
*loves*
wow gorgeous, gorgeous pictures! would love to visit Canada one day. Hopefully ;)
Happy Belated Canada Day! The photos you posted are absolutely gorgeous. Aside from some ski holidays and a trip to Niagra Falls, I have yet to experience Canada in all its glory. It is especially sad since I live relatively close and could easily cross the border for a long weekend. I need to get movin'! :)
I need to visit Canada... I have been told of its beauty... Gorgeous pics xx
Such gorgeous pics!! I cannot wait to visit Montreal in a few weeks, but now having seen this post I want to visit ALL of these amazing Canadian destinations! Happy belated Canada day, hope you enjoyed it :)
Niagara on the Lake looks absolutely divine!
@ Jo: Thanks so much, it was great! I still have to visit a lot of those places, I definitely want to travel across my country one day :)
@ Adele: Aww, those a good memories -- I need to find this market, because you just made me hungry haha.
@ Erika: Jealous?! LOL. Well thankfully it stopped in time for fireworks, yahoo!
@ Escapist: Oooh, that's amazing! Whereabouts?
@ Lily G.: Ooo, that's neat! Where did you visit?
@ Kristin: Definitely go! The major tourist spots are Toronto/Ottawa/Niagara Falls in Ontario, but there's so much beauty all around it, too!
@ sarah: Definitely e-mailed you, and yes, come to Canada! I will convince you with my swapping items, haha :D
@ Jessica: Ah that's awesome, especially since most of my friends are Filipinas!
@ Little Miss Tiara: Definitely make sure to visit, there's so much to see -- I haven't even seen most of Canada yet!
@ Margarita: Pfft, PEI had the Anne of Green Gables house, but Nova Scotia was beautiful too!
@ Aubrey: Aw, you're so sweet, and thank you! :)
@ nicole addison: Run, don't walk! Haha ... I need to visit more of the States, too, I'll admit ... I've only ever been to Detroit haha.
@ Archana: Aw, well thank you! I'm honoured :D
@ RCaitlin: Thanks!!
@ Toothfairynotes: Ah, definitely visit Niagara Falls from the Canadian side, so much more tourist things to do, plus we've got more of a view!
@ Farah: I hope you get to one day!
@ New England Girl: I definitely hope you get to visit more often :) I'm pretty sure you've done more than me though -- I've never gone skiing here haha. I still need to see a lot more!
@ Kellie: Hope you get to make it here at least once!
@ josie(bean): Thank you so much :) I hope you have a blast in Montreal!
@ MissBliss: Oh, I love that place to bits and pieces, so many wineries around it and it's such a beautiful place!
Post a Comment