Pages

just got paid, Friday night...♪

There's nothing like watching Friends season 2 DVDs and getting paid from working last month to cheer a gal up!

By the way, ten points to whoever (or is it whomever? I'm an English major, what a fail!) can guess the song from the lyrical reference in my title! Even though I already spoiled it on my twitter. Oh, shameless plugging! I decided to make a public account to keep in touch with any blogger friends who might have it. Follow me? Haha.

But yes, I took this pay all the way to the mall in another city with a close friend (also Filipina, I have a few!) and I did some shopping! We spent a good hour in Forever 21; such an amazing place, haha. A huge storm hit southern Ontario yesterday bringing lots of chaos with it and so the power went out momentarily, but I found myself not minding being stuck in that store (even though it was scary). I found myself a fantastic pair of black skinny jeans (only $16!) along with some other goodies:


These shirts are so different from each other! Pretty but comfy :)


Many use the words 'retail therapy' and I suppose that applies to me to. I restrained myself and didn't splurge, but oh, it was so hard to. However, I do have a rule when it comes to shopping. Say, you pick up that fantastic piece of clothing and you think, I just have to have it! Well, right after that pops into your head, try to imagine 3 different scenarios or days where you'd wear that particular piece of clothing. If you can picture at least three, it belongs in your wardrobe. There's nothing worse than buying a beautiful top/pants/skirt/dress but never knowing when you're going to wear it. I'm acting like clothes have feelings, oh boy!

As we went through the mall, we heard music coming from The Gap. There was a live band playing acoustically there (and I felt bad since there was no one really listening), along with free food and water. I now have a water bottle from The Gap! After browsing through the stores, we found ourselves pretty happy:


My hand looks so weird in that second pic.
And now you all know I went to La Senza ;)


The storm brought along some tornadoes too; so odd that such destruction could be followed up with such beauty:



The sky was such an odd gloomy colour so the rainbow really stood out. Sunset came soon afterward, though, so me and my gal-pal hit up a delicious restaurant called Spice Avenue, which was so filling.



I love the decor in that place! After that, we hung out and watched A Very Potter Musical which, for any Harry Potter fan, is a must-see. Speaking of Youtube-link-sharing, if you're ever in a sad mood and need a song to make you bob your head with beautiful lyrics, listen to It's A Beautiful Day ... just don't mind the random cars in the background. I don't know whether it's the accordion, the guitar, the little 'oo-oo-oo-oo-oo' in the background, or the lyrics themselves ... but it's my jam right now.

I see no reason to cry, I feel no reason to run,
Just look inside your lonely heart, open your eyes you'll see the sun.
It's a beautiful world, it's a beautiful day.
The sun is shining to my heart, every morning and every day.


I hope you'll all have a beautiful weekend! Mine will probably end up being rather spontaneous, but tonight I'm spending time with The Boy (for now, that nickname is staying, but thanks for all the suggestions!) and we'll see what happens from there!

I've come up with some ideas for the giveaway {stay tuned for that next week}, and one of the prizes will be really personable ... hope you'll enjoy it! Have a beautiful day :)

btemplates

17 comments:

Jess said...

The storm was CRAZY! The foods looks sooo good :D

nicole mountz said...

that rainbow pic is amazing! ummmm soo nsync totally has a song that says that but im going to feel like the biggest loser if its not them! haha {i secretly still love nsync songs!} maybe ill jsut accept im a loser :) hehe. have a lovely, lovely weekend girl! and get yourself lots of rest as well, you deserve it too love :)

Archana said...

Haha you're going to laugh when I tell you that the first though that ran through my head when I saw the post title was Nsync! :P They were my favorite boyband, hehe. When I was younger I used to want to grow up to become one of Nsync's back up dancers for their concernts....erm yeah. Such a problem. :P

Anyway, embarrassing myself publicly out of the way, I loveeee retail therapy followed by delish food! That food looks yummy, I'm such a noodle addict. :) I just bought the cutest white capris from Espirit the other day, and I can't wait figure to wear it out sooon. Heh, something about new clothes that's always so fun. <3

Dawn said...

I love f21! I am pretty much the same way when it comes to shopping... I really love it and would spend a ton if I could. I try to restrain myself though!

littletiara said...

omg, rainbow! It's been ages since the last time I saw one! D: and the food looks yummy =d

Andhari said...

Ooohhh girlieee, you're totally one of the few new bloggy friends I could picture myself really hang with irl. Your day looks fun, would like to go out, shop and hang with you. Those food look yummy.

Anonymous said...

heck yes, that's nysnc :) I have no shame! Last night my friend's boyfriend was walking with us and all of a sudden starts humming this nysnc song (he's like 38 years old, fyi)...we all laugh and he doesn't know why. Eventually we told him he was singing a boy band song and he had no idea! In his words, it was just on his ipod and he liked the beat! :)

paddle to shore said...

oh GREAT new finds. I'm also in love with Forever 21. The prices are UNREAL!!! I bought a few tank tops for 2 dollars each-Crazy.

Carlito86 said...

Love this post, so happy :) Those tops are too cute xxx

erika sorocco said...

Retail Therapy + Good Food = Utter Happiness. Love the tops you picked up at Forever 21! :)

josie(bean) said...

Obv it's nsync and ovb I would know, coreographing a dance to it with sone former galpals and all...hahaha peak of lame right there! But yes what girl doesn't love f21?? I always manage to spend hours in there, and I love that floral ruffle tip you got! Super fun and cute. Also that restaurant looks beautiful and so yummy, mmm :d

Hope you're having a wonderful close to your weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

The coloured top is pretty. I love getting good bargains, and just like everyone else, looooove shopping.

Congrats on your bargains!

bananas. said...

nsync DUHH!!! ;)

how much fun. i love getting paid and going straight to the mail. looks like you found some cute stuff. i'll have to do the 3 day rule next time i go shopping. my thing is if i find something that is cute but i'm not in love with it then i have to buy 2 more things for me to buy it. it's complicated stuff but it works. stops me from buying a crapload of unnecessary things.

rachaelgking said...

Shameless plugging is my most favorite game. ;-)

A "cheery" disposition said...

I love both those shirts! I want to go shopping now.

The Kid In The Front Row said...

I used to be obsessed with Friends Season 2! But it's been a LONG time since I watched them.

Thanks for reminding me, I may very well need to watch it again VERY soon!

Nikolett said...

@ Jess: It really was! Fortunately I didn't see any of the tornadoes up close and personal, or else I would have screamed!

@ nicole addison: Definitely not a loser, you were the first of many to guess 'N SYNC! :) *HUGS*

@ Archana: Aw, I think we all secretly loved them and wanted to go on tour with them, not to worry! And ooo, white capris, you can wear 'em with anything I'm sure!

@ Dawn: Wanna go shopping soon and then we can help each other restrain? Haha :)

@ Little Miss Tiara: Really?! Come to my city, it rains so often now that I've seen two rainbows in the last week alone!

@ Andhari: Aw, you're so sweet ... I can see myself hanging with you too irl!

@ teasinglydiverse: Ah, that's such a funny/cute story, I love how he has no shame about it haha.

@ My Wooden Heart: Prices like $2 make my heart sing happily. Love finding deals :)

@ Girl With The Golden Touch: Thanks so much, girlie :)

@ Erika: Definitely utter happiness, and thank you!

@ josie(bean): Ah, that's wicked! I did it to Spice Girls and Britney Spears, haha. Thankies -- your comment made me realize it's been forever since I've updated, oops!

@ Jewels Diva: Thanks very much :)

@ bananas.: Ah, that's a good rule too! And wow, everyone knew it was 'N SYNC, so funny!

@ LiLu: Haha, I'm just getting used to this game but I think I'm liking it ;)

@ A "cheery" disposition: Aw, I hope you get to soon!

@ The Kid In The Front Row: Hey, no problem! I love spreading 'Friends' around, it cheers me up so much sometimes!