Pages

my simple smile

The simple smile of this week is: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! I'm now the ripe old age of 21. Legal to drink everywhere, even though I haven't visited the States in about ten years (that desperately needs to change)! Today is going to be rather spontaneous -- I'm having a bit of a "me" morning where I'm going to cook some breakfast up and then exercise, but the rest of the day will either be spent with some of my dearest friends and/or at The Boy's house, watching Drag Me To Hell (what a great movie to watch on your birthday, eh?).

But for now, just wanted to show an assortment of pictures from celebrating last Thursday. The beach was rather chilly and windy but we still had fun and made the most of it. And my first grilling session of hamburgers and hot dogs was a success! Whoopah!



It was such a fun day full of random pictures and beach-ball/card-playing times. Afterward, The Boy decided to head home so that we could have a "girls night in" (so kind of him!) so we hit up Blockbuster and Dairy Queen for some movies and treats before we headed back to my place. My advice: never rent Pathology unless you're into gruesome films, and rent Confessions of a Shopaholic but don't expect it to follow the book at all, but rather be a nice cheese-fest! It was great just chilling with them, though. A low-key day compared to what I have planned for this Wednesday, that's for sure.

And don't forget to enter my giveaway that's opened 'til this Saturday, and while you're at it, head on over to the lovely and spunky Nicole who is having a 200-follower giveaway! Congrats :) I just hit 50, yay! Big smiles all around!

Now I have to ask:
What are you looking forward to today/this week/this month?

Me? I'm looking forward to eating my birthday cake, Cappuccino Torte, which is the recipe of the week and spending time with those I love!

btemplates

20 comments:

nicole mountz said...

happy birthday love!!! yay for 21! don't get too crazy..actually scrath that, you better get crazy and you better have lots of pics to show for it! :) thanks for the shout out for the giveaway, ill be sure to count u twice!

littletiara said...

omg HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wish you all the bestest! :D and those pictures are great, showed how much happiness you had on your birthday, let's toast for the happiness to last forever! :D

Meg said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope it's amazing.

Those pics are cute!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday luv! Enjoy every moment...and drink one for me. Not too much as you don't want to get sick :)- ...Muaaaw...

Iva Messy said...

Happy Birthday lovely lady!

paddle to shore said...

hurrrrayyyyyyy HAPPPPY BIRRRTHDAAYYYY!!!!!

josie(bean) said...

ahhh OH EM GEE it's ya birfday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVE! :D that is so exciting, and youve been celebrating nonstop like a bamf (and you are!) so more power to ya haha.

love the pics, the boy chasing you is a hoot and made me smile at how happy you looked! love the group pics with your girlies, too.

have a FANTASTASMASHTIC bday, and keep celebrating until you collapse of fun overload!! you deserve itt :D

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Unknown said...

wAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo! happy birthday lady!!! 21 is the age to be... but ummm.. don't you live in TO? isn't that close to NY?!?!?! come on girl! get to it! haha! anyway..what am i looking forward to this week? hmmm...the weekend? :)

A New England Girl said...

Happy Birthday, dearie!!! :) I hope you have a FAB time today. I loved the photos from your little celebration- it looks like so much fun!!

I am primarily looking forward to the 1st of Sept and all of the fall things that come along with the new season! scents, sights, temperatures and more. So exciting! :)

Jessica said...

Yihaaaaaa, Happy Birthday Nikolett! *HUGS*

Good to know you had a very nice advanced celebration. Your friends seem fun to hang out with. And I love that picture wherein you and the boyfriend look like you're chasing each other. So sweet! :)

Have a nice week ahead lady! :)

Lee-Ann said...

Happy birthday! Wishing you a year full of happiness :)

Anonymous said...

I have an award for you:

http://www.fabbrunette.com/2009/09/over-the-top.html

Dawn said...

happy birthday!!! let's stay 21 forever! I love it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Happy belated bday gorgeous!! Glad you had a fab one. : )

bananas. said...

if i ever see you put "old" next to the age 21...i think i'm gonna have to shake you some...virtually of course.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Adele said...

happy (belated) birthday, darling! Becks and I have something in the mail for you (: looks like you had sooo much fun! that's what birthdays are all about anyways! oh, and congrats on hitting 50! can't wait for your 100th. and speaking of 100th, I'm doing my first giveaway! check it out (: xx

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday greetings! Love your blog!

Jenni said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Being 21 is awesome. Have tons and tons of fun and enjoy every minute of it. :)