Pages

simples smiles(?) on a tuesday

Seems like everything this past week is a day late ... strange, because I'm FINALLY ON VACATION! No longer do I have to wake up at 6am, nor read another Shakespeare play (though I now secretly love them). Now, I get to relax with friends, make up for lost time with The Boy, and design Sims 2 houses to my hearts' content. I made a deal with myself that this week would just be about relaxation and socialization, and not worrying about the past or the future.

Welcome to the story: my father. The second I come down to make myself breakfast on Friday, he launches in about my marks, how I need to boost my average, how they can't afford to have me go away to a teacher's college outside of my city, asking what different teacher's colleges need.

My response: I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I was saving this research for the next three weeks of 'vacation'. And I kept telling him that I wanted to relax and that this talk was stressing me out

... So much so, that I took it out on The Boy just hours before his big grill at his place. He managed to cheer me up as he always does, and we had ourselves an awesome time.

It was a fun get-together with three guys, two girls, and music blasting through my tiny but loud speakers. It was the perfect celebration of temporary freedom!

<- From top to bottom: The delicious burgers made by The Boy; a guy shot with The Boy, his buddy Mexican Phil (since there's also a British Phil), and Ben ... channeling Gene Simmons; and a girl's shot of me and Christina, being 'angry'/tigers.

After getting kinda drunk (woot, a first!), we had some fun before falling asleep at his place. Sleeping over is always an amazing treat, mostly because I wake up and his smile is right there for me to see {my simple smile of the week!}.

We spent the rest of the morning lazing around and walking to the grocery store to get me a 97 cent big jug of Fruitopia (I -LOVE- Fruitopia) and then sitting in the park, drinking it.

Welcome to the story: nostalgia. I spent Saturday night, at home by myself, watching Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of The Black Pearl. One of my favourite movies, that I know all the lines to, and it brought me back to simpler times when this movie first came out, when I was younger, more naive, and didn't have to think about my future so much.

Basically, I'm putting myself in a cycle where I'm fearing the future, reminiscing about the past, and it's making my present look like this:


I don't want to be a suitcase on the sea, taking all my baggage with me when I'm supposed to be enjoying the time that I have off. I want the waves to hit me and enjoy the feeling, not be overwhelmed with feelings. I want to act like a ray of sunshine on the stormiest of days, not walk like I always have a storm-cloud over my head. I want to open up that suitcase and let loose all the papers that are weighing me down ... so that I can enjoy every moment.


My apologies for the emo-ness taking over a 'simple smile' post, but here's some more happiness! The lovely and talented Archana gave me a wonderful gift that's helping me think more like a ray, and not a cloud!



And girl, I would LOVE to travel somewhere with you and get a delicious cup of coffee or perhaps indulge in the recipe of the week with :) Speaking of which, it's breakfast time! I'm going to spend this week putting the final touches and sending out a package to the awesome Sarah after much delay, and reading/catching up on some of my fave blogs! By the way, the awesomely cool Kym is having a giveaway at her blog, so make sure to check it out! Whew, that's a lot of links in that paragraph!

Hope you're all having a great week :) And thanks for all the wishes of luck for the exam (I think I aced it, fingers crossed!) and I would love to take you all to Poland, haha.

btemplates

13 comments:

josie(bean) said...

yaaay for vacation! live it up while you can, and parents are parents - cant live with 'em, cant live w/o! haha. im sure they are very proud of you though, whether or not they say it :) and yay for the boy cheering you up, looks like you had a fun friendly bbq!

Toothfairy said...

hey nikolett!

Hope you nailed that exam!
It's so funny that you know the lines from pirates! hahaha cool...


*loves*

Iva Messy said...

WOOHOOO Vacation!!! ohhh man...parents have their funky ways sometimes! how sweet of the boy to make you smile :) how fun are you and your links :) Have a great day! SMILE pretty lady :)

Unknown said...

Back at ya babe!!! I ♥ your blog :) Looks like one fabulous bbq. Ya for fruitopia...i gulp slurpees with my kiddos. MMmmmmmm.
{Here's to a wonderful Tuesday}

bananas. said...

you and your boy are so cute. all together now...awwwwww!!! hope you have a fun and exciting vacation. btw it's okay to have your emo moments just as long as you smile shortly after :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ahhhhhhhh, the real world. Don't you wish it would just leave you alone until you are ready to deal?

Archana said...

Aww yeeahh, definitely gotta think like a ray instead of a cloud. ;) And yay for vacation! You can finally sleep in past 6am. I like to get an early start, but 6am is pushing it for me. :P

Btw, I totally wish my laptop right now had more space on it so that I could sit and build Sims 2 Houses to my hearts content, hehe. I loveeee building and furnishing more than playing, if that makes any sense. Heh.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

erika sorocco said...

You are the cutest! Yay for coffee, vacations, and cute boys! Here's to hoping you aced your exam! :)

Jessica said...

It's vacay now? Meaning, we can see you more often here? Now that's my simple smile of the week so far! :)

"Sleeping over is always an amazing treat, mostly because I wake up and his smile is right there for me to see" --> Awww...a simple sentence that speaks a lot! You sound so in love, and I LOVE hearing people express their feelings. It's just so sweet and romantic. :)

sarah said...

nikoletttttt i cant read this post. why?? its just blankkk!

maybe its my stupid work computer??
xx

nicole mountz said...

oh im in desperate need of a vaca!! i left you a little awarad on my blog! xoxo

Nikolett said...

@ josie(bean): haha, you took the words right out of my mouth. I know parents are meant to challenge you, sometimes I wish they'd vocalize their 'proudness', though!

@ Toothfairynotes: Thank youuu! One of my many useless talents, memorizing movie lines :) But it comes in handy!

@ Iva: Aw, this comment made me smile, not to worry! Parents are definitely funky, though I know they mean well. *HUGS*

@ Aubrey: Thank you so much, I love your blog too! And mm, you've got me craving slurpees now!

@ bananas.: LOL Thank you for excusing my temporary emo moment. You're adorable and so kind :)

@ Kristin: Definitely do sometimes, though life won't let me! Ah wells, guess I just gotta learn how to deal :) ... like the Mandy Moore movie, haha.

@ Archana: I am TOTALLY with you! Having families is fun, but I've literally spent the last week designing a house and now I'm furnishing it ... so much fun!

@ Margarita: That I did :)

@ Erika: Aw, thank you! I hope so too ... won't find out 'til the 25th, unfortunately!

@ Jessica: You are SO sweet, honestly! That made my day ... I'm hoping to update more, or at least have my entries much longer so you can see what I've been up to more :) Love ya girl, thanks for your comment!

@ sarah: Uh ohs, I really do hope it's just the work computer ... hope you can read my blog soon :(

@ nicole: Aw, I'm sure you can't wait to NYC, I hope you get some relaxation soon! And thank you SO much!