Pages

autumn has fall[en]

It's that time of year again; even though my weather forecast calls for warmer days next week, fall is officially arriving in a few days. This meant waiting in a 3-walled phone booth for The Boy yesterday at the bus stop at the mall, to keep myself sheltered from the cooler winds.

Then this situation happened:
17-YEAR OLD BOY WITH GREY & PURPLE SWEATER APPROACHES:
Excuse me, do you know what time it is?
ME: (completely forgetting I have a watch on)
Um ... (looks at the time on the payphone) ... it's 7:34pm.
17-YEAR OLD BOY: Thanks.
By the way, I just wanted to say that you are very beautiful.
ME: (thinking that if this boy knew what age I really was, he would NOT be saying these things) Oh, thank you.
17-YEAR OLD BOY: (smiles)
ME: I'm waiting for my boyfriend, by the way.
17-YEAR OLD BOY: OH, SHIT!
(starts walking away hurriedly back to his friends) THANKS FOR THE INFO!

Ah, at least he had the balls to approach me, right? Haha. But after that came a good time with The Boy, getting a sweater for himself and skinny jeans for me with zipper details on the bottom (trend-follower alert!). Nevertheless, the whole waiting in the cold yesterday got me thinking about the finer and not-so-finer things of fall, comprised in a little list!



1) The Changes
I dyed my hair (which you can kinda see in that picture) to a bronzed brown with a reddish hue, in my excitement for all the changes this fall. This fall brings mine and The Boy's 1 year 1/2 anniversary, which is pretty exciting! The leaves also change, the hours of daylight change. As well, my sister and my niece are moving away in a short time, which is a big change. It's saddening, but I'm really excited for them!



2) The Fairs
In September and October, the southern part of Ontario erupts into 'fair' fever. Every weekend there's a fair in a different location, complete with demolition derbies, elephant ears, carnival rides, and the like. It's usually a tradition for me to go to one of these fairs each year, and we'll hopefully be going next weekend!



3) The Coffee
No more Iced Cappuccino's for this girl; now, it's all about caffeine to warm the body and the soul. Since the weather calls for more indoor activities (though hiking is one of my favourite things to do in the autumn!) it also calls for a lot more coffee dates with friends. And, I tried out the Old Town White Coffee that Adele and Becks got me, and OH MY GOODNESS, it is delicious. I'm trying to ration it out so I can keep the yummy-ness as long as possible.



4) The Fall Fashion
I love jackets and sweaters, and fall means exactly that. Plus adorable shoes and boots. I confess, during the summer I turn into a flip-flop-wearing, shorts-and-a-shirt kind of girl. But the fall means tons of accessories (hats, gloves, big bags for storing school-books into) and a heap of different trends - whether it's animal print, plaid, solid colours, or lovely lace details and sequins.



5) The Holidays
Hallowe'en is on a Saturday this year, so it's technically a holiday haha. Sugar highs and costumes galore! And of course, there's Thanksgiving (which is in October in good ol' Canada) which means tons of turkey, thankfulness, and ... tea? (Alliteration fail!) The latter half of the year is always filled with events!



6) The Scents
Apple cider, warm in your cup. Pumpkin pie, devoured with whipped cream on top. Ginger and cinnamon filling up the kitchen. Everything is so warm, even if the weather is getting cooler. And if you can't get enough of these delicious aromas, there's always scented candles and body sprays to make your day that much more fragrant.



7) The Snuggling
While it's not winter-time, cooler weather provides many opportunities to snuggle together, whether it's in a bed or on a bench waiting for a bus. Hand-holding is no longer a PDA - it's also a necessity to keep your fingers warmer. There's nothing like a little snuggle-time!

What are your favourite things about autumn?
Hope you all have a great weekend!


*Photos are either mine are found through Google, MarthaStewart.com, and Flickr.

btemplates

14 comments:

Iva Messy said...

LOL! Silly boy :) ohmygosh! this snuggle picture is completely adorable! So sweet!

yummy! Thanksgiving scents are always nice!

Your hair color looks great! I hope you are having a great weekend!

littletiara said...

Ahahaha... omo, lol. Poor young boy, he's too young for me too, if not I'd love to mend his broken heart, haha...

and I love the new color of your hair! :D plus those autumn jacket, hmm...

Archana said...

I love fall fashion too! More so now that I'm in a summer 24/7 country!

And I love the little incident with the 17yr old. :P

Archana said...

Oh, and I love the picture of you & the boy. :D

Carlito86 said...

Lovely Lady,

I am staring this post in my reader because I love it so much. I agree with so much you have said, I absolutley adore Autumn/Winter and everything is so exciting, the dark nights, trying to keep warm, I love it.

Also, that is so damn CUTE of that boy to say that! Bless him :)

LY <3 xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I look like a 16 year-old so I get hit on by high school, middle school boy all the time (ok, not ALL the time). And honestly, it kind of creeps me out. So I don't respond as well as you do.
But how are you so sure he's 17?

erika sorocco said...

I think the story about the boy approaching you is adorable - I agree, at least he had the confidence to actually approach you - some guys in their twenties can't even accomplish that!

J'adore this post. You have basically covered everything that I love about autumn (which is, of course, my favorite season), but these also make my list:

-The Leaves - I love the sound of the crunch of them underfoot.

-Mysteries - I have a tendency to feel the need to curl up on the couch with mystery novels when autumn comes.

-The Colors - Berry, Olive Green, Pumpkin Spice, Burnt Sienna - I love the shades that accompany autumn! :)

becks said...

hullo! I'm glad you like the little box and the coffee! And you are beautiful! The guy's got good taste:)

bananas. said...

well at least the boy knows how to compliment a woman. if he said, "btw you're hot" then it would be a different story...

love the hair. very fall-ish. i am most looking forward to boots and halloween. yay for autumness!!!

Andhari said...

I love everything about fall! Sadly fall here is still sunny but with a lot more rain the temperature still drops, although not low enough to make me start buying hot coffee beverages. I can still get away holding frozen frappucino everywhere :P

But ohhh fall season clothes, gorgeous!

. said...

haha, awww. Poor boy.

great list!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a delicious list. And I give the kiddo props for hitting on a hot older lady. Ah ha

Kristen said...

Autumn is my favorite time of year... I love the colors that the leaves turn into, and the smell in the air (hard to describe but fall air is the best), caramel apples, candy corn, playing in piles of leaves, having to bundle up a little bit to walk to class... football, chili to eat, apple cider to drink.. I could go on and on. Just love the autumn!!

Manju said...

awww at least he tried lol and it's still a compliment ;)
you and the boy are so cute in that picture ^^
i love fairs!!! so much!

p.s thanks for the encouragement, i need it haha

xxx