Pages

bonjour! 'tis moi

You all asked some very random questions, and I loved 'em all! So here goes with a warning that I will probably ramble as I have a tendency to do, woot woot! I'm going to answer them in reverse order :)

How tall are you? I feel like you're somewhere around 5'7 - 5'9? You seem so tall! - Jessica
Ah, you are correct! I'm about 5'8, 5'8 1/2 ... and fortunately The Boy is taller than me! Although, the first time we met, I was wearing heeled winter boots and he was afraid I'd be taller than him (which would have been catastrophic, haha). But yes, I'm taller than most of my friends which ... usually means I crouch in pictures. I'm a croucher *ashamed*

And I tried so hard to come up with a picture with a group of friends in which I'm not crouching; it turned out to be nearly impossible, so instead I leave you with a picture of me and Sulley from "Monsters, Inc" to help you figure out what height I am? Or at least make you remember how awesome "Monsters, Inc" is!

What made you come up with the blog name "Better Than Coffee"? - Jenna
Hm, it took a little while, I gotta admit. Then, randomly, Sarah McLachlan popped up on my Windows Media Player (yeah, I don't have iTunes) with "Ice Cream." I love that song for its lyrics: your love is better than ice cream and your love is better than chocolate. But I realized those weren't my go-tos -- it was coffee. Et voila! Of course, there's lots of things better than coffee, too.  

What is your favourite Shakespearean quote and why? - becks
I have quite a few, and they go through cycles. But the latest one is "Love sought is good, but given unsought is better" from "Twelfth Night". Mostly because I can relate to it so well -- the way I found The Boy was not because I was searching for love; I found him without meaning to.

I also love "You cankerblossom!" from "A Midsummer's Night Dream" 'cause I think that's an awesome insult (and am looking for the perfect situation to use it hee-hee).

When you cross-dressed for the Shakespeare play, if the thought of being a guy crossed your mind, what's the first thing you'd do?- becks
If I woke up one day and realized I was an actual guy, I'm not gonna lie ... I would look straight at the package. And then I think it'd be amazing that I wouldn't have to dress up, wear make-up, or any of the sorts. But I much prefer being a girl, as does the boyfriend haha.

What's your star sign? - Archana
I am a Virgo! Which apparently means I'm a perfectionist (with some things), loyal (I try to be), and have common sense (erm, sometimes). They also love coffee (this may or may not be true).

If you could only eat one thing for breakfast for the rest of your life, what would it be? no cheating.... dont say coffee - Sarah
Oh, Sarah, you know me too well :) I'd probably say toast with herb & garlic cream cheese; and, if allowed, a second piece of toast with Nutella chocolate spread. Might not be the healthiest of breakfasts, but it sure is yummy, easy to make, and filling.

Do you like pudding? - Manju
Loving all these questions about food, I gotta say! And yes, pudding is yummy in my tummy. Especially French Vanilla pudding.

Why do you have so many Filipino friends? Because of this, can you speak tagalog?- Kym
Ah, these questions made me laugh out loud! I definitely didn't do it on purpose ... one of my oldest friends (known her since I was 7!) is Filipino. Then, in grade ten I met another awesome gal who also happens to be Filipino (or Filipina). Towards the end of grade ten/start of grade eleven, I made friends with another amazing girl who is half-Filipino half-Sri Lankan. And a lot of my high school was full of Filipinos. So, I guess it was destiny haha.

As for the second part - I know my share of Tagalog. I have this gem for my friends' parents: Kumusta (though for some reason I always add a 'ka' at the end). Then there's Mahal Kita (I love you), and I know how to say yes/no, Salamat Po, and then my ultimate favourite: Ang baho ng kili-kili mo**.


Surrounded by Filipinos a few years ago and I like it that way haha.
And yes, I am crouching {tiger, hidden dragon}.


Thanks so much for all your questions! I'd love to another one of thse segments sometime soon in case there's anything else you wanted to know! ** It means "your armpits stink!"

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!
And Canadians, enjoy Thanksgiving! :)

btemplates

20 comments:

nicole mountz said...

my favorite posts are the ones where i can learn about the bloggers behind them :) this was great... some pretty awesome questions too! ok, my question...what's your favorite tv show or movie? hmm im hooked on glee right now so i figured that'd be appropriate ;) lots of love lady and have a great weekend!

littletiara said...

NO WAY! You're 5'8? We shall not meet or else people won't be able to see me :P kidding, haha, how can we not meet when I invite you to my wedding already? Hmm... lololol.

and I can't believe I missed your previous post, I didn't get the chance to ask, lol. I don't know what to ask either, though. BUt I can always make a question up out of nowhere if you force me, like... hmm... like... "what question do you want me to ask you?"

that sounds like a good question, doesn't it? ;)

becks said...

HAHAHA Nikolett you're so funny! Take a look at the package!! Now that you got me thinking... yeah I think it's more fun to be a girl, dressing up and stuff.

And cankerblossom is an awesome insult! I will try to remember that. I think that quote on love is true. It's so much sweeter to stumble on love unwittingly!

Thanks for sharing! I think dressing up as a bunny is a bit dangerous > playboy. heh.

Archana said...

I'm baaaack. :) And I so knew you were a Virgo! Hehe, because you just remind me way too much of too many of my BFFs - - many of whom are Virgos. As for the coffee addiction, I think it's a leftie thing. :P

This was a very cute & innovative post and a meme of sorts. Loved it! <3

Jessica said...

Ahahahah...I'm laughing my heart out here Nikolett. "Ang baho ng kili kili mo!" I can't imagine a white girl saying that. Oh,you are too funny!

And hey, 5'8 1/2?! MY I wish I have your height. For us Filipinos (or Asians in general), 5'6 is already tall, how much more if it's 5'8? And your bf is taller than you? Wow, you guys could be the next twin towers.

By the way, in case your curious, I'm just 5'4 and it sucks! I think that's part of the reason why i love wearing heels. Makes me 5'7, depends on how tall the heels are. Hehe..I'ma cheater!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Mmmmmmmmm, Nutella makes everything better!

Anonymous said...

I literally laughed out loud when I read "Ang baho ng kili-kili mo!" HAHAHA! Nice.

Andhari said...

I wish I was as tall as youuuuuu! I wouldve entered america's next top model or something. Or you know, try to be a runway model LOL I'm like, too short.

Anyhoo, if you come here to indo, you can pass as half indonesian too. Hahaha. You have that mixed south east asian look in general :)

sarah said...

i am just under 6 foot! i am a croucher too!! when we meet, we can take tons of photos together because then you can stand normally and feel small!

just a small service i provide to friends ;)

selfless sarah

Manju said...

Gahhhhhhh *jealous* i'm shorrrrrrrrrt!!!

the picture is so cute by the way ^^

n LOl, it would be so funny to hear someone getting 'cankerblossom' thrown in their faces

you totally crack me up Nikolett ;)

and oh yes, thinking of turning off the TV half-way through that Ring chick's crawl is pure genius, and totally hilarious ahahaha

have a grrrreat week love!

Meg said...

I bought a bunch of Shakespeare insult magnets at the Globe Theatre. They are fabulous. I don't think I have one with that particular insult, though.

bananas. said...

kym's question is funny...only kym.

and dang girl, you are TALL! i remember when i first noticed that you were. you posted a pic with you and your friends and i think you were the tallest one. i would probably go up to your elbow, i'm that short.

Alexis said...

New reader here. Haha, kilikili!! Yay! And adding "ka" to kumusta is ok. Ka means you so you're saying how are you specifically to the person you're talking to. :)

Toothfairy said...

Nice, loved your answers, it's cool to see you among all the filipina's :P

I've tagged you in my latest post, check if you've already done this one or not!

*loves*

Unknown said...

Pass me some of your height. I'm short :)-

Sierra said...

I like your blog darlin, stopping over to say hi from your Diamond's post! :)

Nikolett said...

@ nicole addison: Aw, glad you liked it! I'll answer your question soon -- and you and everyone else is getting me wanting to watch "GLEE!" I wish I had time!

@ little miss tiara: LOL at your question, you're so cute. And I promise I'll crouch next to you in your wedding pictures so you'll look taller :)

@ becks: Love you and your comments!

@ Archana: Yay, glad you're back! And ooo, I like the whole association with coffee and lefties, that could explain it! And I'm glad you think being a Virgo is a good thing :D

@ Jessica: Imagine it, girl! I say it from time to time hehe. And aww, 5'4"? My shortest friend is about 5'1", it's too funny. And fortunately my boyfriend is 5'10/11", so I'm relieved about that!

Nikolett said...

@ Kristin: I so agree!

@ Issa: Yay! I was hoping that'd make people laugh haha :)

@ Andhari: Ooo, you think? Next stop: Indonesia! I only look like that when I'm tan though, which is unfortunately fading :( And you could always apply for the latest America's Next Top Model, it's for shorter models hehe.

@ sarah: Ah, you are so selfless and thoughtful. I can't wait to take some straight-back, non-crouch pictures with you!

@ Manju: Thank youuuu! x 4. You're awesome.

Nikolett said...

@ Meg: That is too cute, and you completely inspired my purchase yesterday (it's in my latest post).

@ bananas.: Really?! You don't seem that short, I need to some more pictures haha. And Kym is amazing :D

@ Alexis: Ooo, thank you! I never knew that and I never bothered to ask my Filipino friends. Thanks for being a new reader, too!

@ Toothfairynotes: Ahh thanks! I'll go check it out!

@ Aubrey: Haha, gladly!

@ OceanDreams: Thanks so much for checking me out!

Leesh said...

Your kili-kili comment cracks me up. I'm filipino and you probably know more tagalog than me.

You are so lucky to be 5'8. I would love to be at least 5'6. I'm 5'2 and since I am getting older, it's tough for me to wear heels all the time. Standing next to my 6'0 husband, I'm a dwarf.