drinking from a cup half-full
It's hard, sometimes, to keep a positive mindset about things. When you have to force yourself to wake up at 7am to take a one-hour bus ride to a one-hour session about the rest of your life (aka, information about teacher's college), it could leave one to just bury herself in her blankets, refusing to come out. Still, I tried to be a soopa trooper (as The Boy called me on the phone) and decided to go out to this Q&A session about the teacher's college I hope to go to next year. It's so hard for me to take steps forward in life -- but that's the only place to go: forward. I ended up learning lots, and although the application process is going to be uber hard, I'm going to try my best. That's all you can do, right? Try your best(est)?
So, to help myself be a cup-half-full kind of girl, I went to the university bookstore with my amazing friend and we got ourselves some necessities:

I got myself a mug with Shakespearean love quotes on it! There was also one there with Shakespearean insults, and on the web I've found a naughty Shakespeare pillow which had me laughing for hours on end. My obsession with Shakespeare started this summer with my course, and now continues with this mug that will inspire me with such quotes as, "O Spirit of Love, how quick and fresh art thou!" I also got myself an album to put in all the photos I've printed out, while my friend got herself a Thyme plant and a moleskine for her sketches. Altogether, successful purchases, I'd say!
And now I really have to go to the washroom but I'm in the secret lab for Multimedia and I happen to have lost my electronic key and instead rely on sneaking in with other people and can't bear to leave my stuff here and hope to get in. BUT I REALLY HAVE TO PEE! ... errr, TMI Thursday? LOL. I promise I'll have a better story next week.
Then this weekend, me and The Boy are planning to go to the local Halloween costume rental store to find our perfect duo look. Last year we were a school-girl and a school-nerd [I'll show pictures next post if you'd like!], and we've gotta top that this year. And ideas [besides salt & pepper, electric plug & socket, please]? Thanks in advance!
And thanks again to Diamonds In The Rough for having me on their amazing blog -- and hello, new readers! :)
Have a beautiful Thursday ... hope your weather is a lot better than the dreariness in my city! I'm off to catch up on my Google Reader ... unless my bladder explodes!


A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
18 comments:
Exploding bladders are bad.
TRUST ME. ;-)
Every single Thursday morning, I have to wake up at 7am for school and I can't ever seem to find the positive in that. All I want to do is stay in bed for a few more hours so I definitely know what you mean.
I want that mug!!! It's ace!!
Hope you have a great weekend sweetie :) xxxx
Have a wonderful weekend costume shopping with the boy... how much fun!! :)
HOLLOWEEN!!!! What sucks is that here in the Philippines, people are not that into holloween unlike you guys abroad. You spend money on costumes, while we (or they) just let it pass by. I think I'm fit to live there, 'cos I get excited by these things. The trouble I have here is that nobody wants to go costume trippin' with me. That sucks, eh?!
Post your holloween pictures last year. I'm so curious, I bet you guys look so cute! :)
lol @ lilu's comment.
thanks for the encouragement today. i really really hope those miles fly by too.
i can't believe you take an hour bus ride everyday. that's torture and motivation all in one. you do the damn thang. that's determination all the way. and your new shakespeare mug is perfect for you. what a good way to wake up :)
Well if getting up at 7 gets you what you want, then go for it.
I would have bought the mug with the insults on it,lol.
Ohhh so this is what you mean by exploding bladders LOL
And couple costume? Sooooo cute. I'm still looking for that creepy yet sexy vamp cape. So far the costume shops here only have the short ones in stock.boo.
Ah, I love your blog!
I'm trying to stay positive,
and I know everything is going to be alright.
:)
xx
love the mug! and ooohhhh i want to see those pictures!!!!! :)
Ooh, I so adore that Shakespeare mug - love quotes are my favorite. My passion for Shakespeare started after reading "A Midsummer Night's Dream." Oh, how I adored that piece! :)
@ LiLu: I trust you ;) and am wondering what the story behind that one is, haha. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
@ Kimberly: Ah geez ... we gotta motivate each other! Although I'll be honest, the rest of the time I wake up around 9am ... so the 7am wake-up call killed me!
@ Girl With the Golden Touch: Gimme your address and I'll send it to ya! There's actually a whole website dedicated to funny Shakespeare accessories and the like. Hope you have a great weekend, too!
@ New England Girl: Thank you! I hope it goes well and that we end up choosing something we both like haha.
@ Jessica: I've noticed that! In Poland they don't celebrate it at all -- they focus more so on All Soul's Day and All Saint's Day. It's fun dressing up in costume except it's so hard to choose one! I'll definitely post them soon, hun!
@ bananas.: Aw, I'm glad I could motivate you in some way -- you just did, too. I've gotten so used to the bus hour but I guess it does take a lot of determination! Not as much as running, which I suck at ... good luck! *HUGS*
@ Jewels Diva: LOL I was actually contemplating buying both of them and then using them according to my mood, but lacked the moola unfortunately!
@ Andhari: Haha yes indeedy. When I read your TMI I was like "woot bladder stories all around!" And if you can't find a cape, I'll try to find one for you, there's always long ones here!
@ Athena: Thanks so much for stopping by and for your encouragement :)
@ Manju: Your wish is my command! I'm planning on taking pictures tonight as we costume-shop and make a post complete with pics from last year, too!
@ Erika: Ah, that's probably my favourite play too, ever since I had to perform it. I can send you a mug for your birthday if you'd like :D
the mug is awesome! I'd like to see the one with the insults too though! haha! must be funny... and the pillow too!
*loves*
Hope you've cheered up! We're currently being treated to pouring rain in here in FLA. Ugh.
Yes, yes! Pictures would be awesome. That school girl and school nerd idea is pretty unique... At least in my book. Or maybe I'm just not very creative. :-D
I see MOLESKINE!
hehe I love Moleskines! I can't wait to start writing in the moleskine planner my boyfriend got me!
Great mug. Last year my boyfriend and I went as Van Gogh and the prostitute he gave his ear to. I even hung a box around my waist with a clay ear in it we'd made. It was great. I think we'll be going as Sherlock Holmes and Watson this year. I can't wait to wear the beard. :) Nice to meet another English lover.
Post a Comment