i've got the urge
No, not to herbal! But to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. As I was thinking about a title for this blog all that came into my head was I'm Jack, the pumpkin king! and it reminded me of the love I have for that movie.
Speaking of media-related things (wow, worst segway ever) Nicole asked me what my favourite TV shows and movies are. For TV shows, I used to love Smallville until they changed it to Friday nights. But I will always love FRIENDS, Supernatural, Firefly, Castle, and my guilty pleasures: The Hills, Gossip Girl, and The Secret Life of the American Teenager (I can't help it!). And for movies, well that could take all day but here are a few favourites: Serendipity, A Knight's Tale, Runaway Jury, Spirited Away, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Kate & Leopold, and Pirates of the Caribbean, just to name a few! What are yours?
And, speaking of Halloween (two paragraphs) ago, to the left you can see my costume from last year! I forced The Boy to be a school nerd while I was a 'sexy' schoolgirl who pouts a lot (I stole his glasses for that particular shot). It was fun wearing pigtails again and that whole vest-tie-pink-kilt outfit was awesome, methinks! My favourite accessory on the boy was a set of orange post-its that he kept in the chest pocket that had a mathematical equation on it. What a nerd :P
But, I kind of owe him this year. So as we browsed through costumes yesterday, I tried to keep my mouth shut and see what he wanted to be. What did he choose, you might be wondering?
A MEXICAN. He found a costume with a sombrero, poncho, and two pistols and decided he wanted to be that (but find his own accessories so it'd be cheaper). And to make it into a "couples' costume"? Well, I'm the Mexican Senorita named Rita. More on that later!
Now, I have to ask (even if you don't celebration Halloween):
What is the ultimate costume you would choose to dress up in?
Halloween's (or Hallowe'en, or Hallow's Eve) is not for another two weeks, but just thought I'd ask! Today, apparently, is Happy Sweetest Day (celebrated mostly around the Great Lakes and northeast United States, according to Wikipedia) which is pretty much like Valentine's Day. So odd ... I wish you lots of sweetness? And I wish LiLu a happy belated birthday!
And a few more pictures from last year:
Yup, we're dorks. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! :)




A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
23 comments:
so cute!! LOL
Have a great weekend! :)
My...beyond adorable! Charmed by the quirkiness darling...ps: thanks for the nice words, appreciate 'em!
Fab weekend okie*
xo*
hahahah you guys are super cute! love that he chose to be a mexican this year, i can't want to see pictures you guys, Rita! ;P
my face tv shows? i dont get to watch tv much but when i do, i usually watch TLC or the Food Network! :)
have a happpppy saturday!
You and The Boy make the cutest couple! :-) Can't wait to see your costumes for this year. I've never really done the whole "Halloween" thing 'cause it's not a very big deal here in the Philippines...
RE: Fave TV shows... I love House, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Glee... I love TV! Friends, Family Guy, SNL... The list goes on! :-D
Girlie you look adorable as a sexy school girl,you and the boy are such a dreamy couple. Can't wait to see the pictures of both of you this year :) a mexicana? Hot hot hot.
I was thinking of being a lady vamp butttt I figure I should look for other options too. 3 friends asking me to go as victoria's secret angels with them but I'm not that confident walking around in glittery lingerie if you know what I mean haha
Ps. I looove supernatural and the hills too!:)
Happy Weekend! Love the pictures, very cute!
Okay I totally thought I was the ONLY person in the entire world that loved Serendipity. You. are. Awesome.
I want to be a modern Marie! Or a girl from glee lol... I saw an Indian costume the other day and I LOVED it!!!
I love Kate and Leopold and I am obsessed with pirate of the Caribbean!
Aww this post makes me miss undergrad!! Thinking up an outfit is always so much fun. :P I remember I was once a CowGirl, hehe. It was actually lotsa fun, rocking the studded jeans and plaid shirt with a Cowboy hat. :P Then the year after that, I didn't really put much thought into it and some my friends & I went as the Coyote Ugly Girls, me being Tyra Banks, lol. Totally lame outfit, and so last minute, but no one questioned it.
Then my junior year I went all out and ordered a nurses outfit, was a blast walking around giving people "shots", heh, I'm so corny. :P And senior year, I reached a point where I was over Halloween and so threw together another last minute outfit, a classy dress, and a bow around my wrist and waist aka God's Gift to Men. ;) It was entertaining hearing people's guesses & then their reactions after they found out what it was I was dressed as, lol.
Now my comment/blog post about Halloween aside, hehe, have so much fun being a Spanish senorita! ;) I'm sure that'll be lotsa fun! <3
ah so cute! hahaha... pigtails! seems like ages ago already... :S
I like gossip girl too!
and we don't celebrate halloween here, but I think I wanna dress up as some disney princess... because that's always what I used to play as a kid!
*loves*
Ohmigosh! You and the boy were absolutely adorable last Halloween - I imagine the two of you will be even cuter this year than last. I think it would be fun to dress up as Bonnie and Clyde - if, of course, I had a cute boy to be Clyde. :)
My favorite movies...Almost Famous, Marie Antoinette, The Virgin Suicides, Garden State, The Princess Diaries. Favorite TV shows: Gossip Girl.
What adorable costumes, I am still trying to figure out what I want to be this year!
I love that photo!! I have SUpernatural series 1 on DVD but I havent watched it yet... xx
we got no halloween here *pout* :(
the pictures are adorable! ^^
i can't wait to see the ones for this year!
and omg, i LOVE all of your favourite movies, specially spirited away
never heard of sweetest day before, but hey happy sweetest day :)
you two are adorable! i absolutely love the way he's looking at you in that first picture, he looks like he just adores you :) and i was shaking my head as i read your fave tv shows and movies i agree with them all. but i cannot get enough of friends, im begging josh for all seasons for christmas so cross our fingers i actually get it!! hope you had a great weekend nikolett!
i love you guys. seriously. you make me miss my friends back home even more.
i LOVE your pictures, and i cannot wait to see you all mexianised. ahahaa. awesome
YES geez i need to send you my new address! i am so stupid, i keep forgetting, well... not forgetting. i just dont know my postcode at my new place. how lame is that? i will go see the security guard downstairs now and ask him what it is. hmmm. whats post code in japanese. i have forgotten. i think it might be `posto-codo`.
email you when i know!!! so excited!!!
The Nightmare Before Christmas IS my absolute favorite movie of all-time. I love it!
And cute Halloween outfits, he does kind of look like the lead singer from Weezer.
omg lol. I love your outfits! The geek and the popular from high school times? Haha, how I miss those times! I especially love his red plaid shirt, haha... super geeky, add the glasses! ;D
You two are so stinkin' cute. I've always wanted to be Cleopatra. One of these days...
Awwww, thanks for the Bday wishes!! :-)
very cute!!
I've tagged you, AND it's a pretty new game... so go check it out, chica!
*loves*
Hahaha...you guys are soooooo cute!!! School girl and the nerdy boy, awesome idea! This makes me envy your holloween parties all the more! :(
If I were to attend a holloween party (which I really wish to), I'm planning to dress up as Amy Winehouse! hahaha...I love how simple yet very easy to distinguish such a look is. Plus, I love her unique music and her wild beehive hairstyle.
Yey for F.R.I.E.N.D.S!!! I read somewhere that they're turning it into a film like Sex and the City. I wish it pushes through.
Post a Comment