making phlegm sound sexy...
You all are the bestest (let's pretend that's a word for the moment). All your beautiful comments on the last post really helped to lift up my spirits. Unfortunately, my body's now let me down.
I've been sick all weekend, with no signs of stopping. I've been coughing up a storm and no amount of Buckley's seems to be helping (in fact, I think I've gotten an allergic reaction from it since I have bumps all over my skin now). I should buy Cold FX or whatever it's called but I can't even bring myself to get out of the house. My mom bought me a ton of 'suck-on-this-and-it'll-relieve-you-for-a-bit' thingies, so that's good. And she made me this remedy out of onion syrup, which is surprisingly sweet.
Basically, I've been like this:
I'm determined to get better by tomorrow since I have a paper due then (that I'm trying to write now ... err, that's working well!), plus I'd really like to enjoy the rest of the week in preparation for Halloween festivities! Oh, and my graduation photos are scheduled for Thursday (even though I don't graduate until next May) and I don't want to look ill in them! Or cough on the photographer ... maybe I can make phlegm sound sexy?
Even though I'm sick, I have lots of blogs to catch up on, which I'll hopefully get to during my 'paper-writing breaks'. For now, though, I want to share a video that also lifted up my spirits:
That's my simple smile of the week (it's so adorable)! And I'll be sharing my recipe of the week soon, since I've made a lot of meals this weekend. Hope you're all having a healthy Monday!



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
18 comments:
awww you poor thing. Sounds awful! I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried drinking lots and lots of tea??
Aww, I hope you're feeling better!! Me & Princess are sending you best wishes :)
UGH, that sucks lady. I hope you're resting and on the mend!
oh no!! Feel better SOON SOON SOON! now! :)
oh no! get better soon Nikolett! Go away sickness!!!
rest, rest, rest and be well!
Have a great week ahead!
*loves*
Aw, darlin! I hope you feel better!! It's wretched being sick and I hope you're feeling more like yourself in no time!
phlegm can sound sexy, you just gotta work it! it reminds me of that F.R.I.E.N.D.S episode where phoebe loved her sick voice... have you seen that?
i was going to say doing nothing will help you get better but boooo to that paper you have to write! :( i'm claiming that you'll get better this week! yesyesyes!
Oh nooooo!!!
*spoonfeeds you chicken soup*
bet better quick quick quick Nikolett
hi! i am pretty new to blogging, and i am delighted to find another canadian girl! i love your pictures and tidbits. nice to meet you :)
xo, Meg (curlsandcoffee.blogspot.com)
Aww nooo ... hope you ae better soon sweetness!
xxx
I hope people bring you tons of food or wrap up a care package consisting movies and cookies or something. Being sick for long isn't nice when you have a lot to do..get better soon beautiful!
Aww... baby Nikolett get well soon... :(
although I think it'll be quite a scene if you do cough at the photographer... or maybe you can do some coughing sexy poses, lol. :P
whatever, I was rambling, the point is, get well soon, alright?
Of all the weeks to be sick...why did your body choose now? I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather, darling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will emerge from this funk fresh and healthy in the next 24 hours, so that you can enjoy the fall festivities and be ready for your graduation pictures next week! :)
Feel better! That cat picture is so cute. I was also going to mention that Friends where Phoebe loves her sexy voice, but Kym beat me to it!
The picture of that cat is so cute! Hope you feel better and that the sniffles go away! Being sickie is never fun. :x Get better! Have some hot soup & watch your favorite romantic comedy on DVD. That always makes me feel better. :) <3
Sweetie i hope you feel better soon. You know if i lived close...i'd bring over some soup and we'd watch a movie :)
You poor thing. What a bummer! I hope you're on the mend by Sat. so you can enjoy yourself. In the meantime...get lots of rest!
Thanks so much everyone for your well-wishes ... Aubrey, I would love some soup haha. And Archana, you are right, romantic comedies definitely do help!
LOVE YOU ALL <3
Post a Comment