famous ... in bed
When I'm stressed out, I have a tendency to do a few things (besides reading blogs, keeping in touch with friends, and cuddling with either my dog or my boyfriend) -- and that is eat food or exercise. Seems a bit bizarre, doesn't it? I love comfort food (though I try not to go overboard) and I love exercising, but don't have the time/the moola for a gym membership at the moment. So, instead, I work out at home and put a gazillion and one exercise DVDs on hold.
Yesterday though, was a 'eat food' day, and as an early year-and-a-half celebration with The Boy (since we both knew we wouldn't have time to celebrate in two weeks) we decided to hit up the Mandarin, a buffet restaurant. Eating delicious food there has motivated me to work-out today, for sure. It was an amazing time full of laughs and luuurve.
Lunch + dessert + The Boy = yummy times, haha.
Then came the fortune cookie part that comes with the bill. The last time I went to the restaurant, our server told us to add "... in bed" to our fortune for a little funny spin. I dare you all to try it, too ;) It's sort of stuck with me ever since so as I cracked open my cookie, I waited in anticipation to see what I'd add "in bed" to:
That's right, folks. My destiny is to be famous ... in bed (meep!). The Boy didn't approve of his fortune and said he'd much rather have one that said, "You will have a Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 dropped off on your driveway tomorrow" ... I told him fortune cookies didn't work that way, though (heehee). All in all, I think it was a much-deserved escape ... I really needed it.
1) I give total credit to Kym for her 'in other news' segment of her blog posts for this 'in other brews'!
2) Thanks so much for all your feedback and lovely comments, you have no idea how much it means to me. You're able to make me laugh, make me think, and made me feel warm & fuzzy! *HUGS* I heart you all so much.
3) My weekend will be full of sending out overdue packages to friends, and finishing up websites. I really wish I could've gotten to this sooner!
4) Oh, and it will also be full of homework. Joy.
And, I have to ask:
Would anyone like to be a guest blogger in the next couple of weeks?
I've been slacking in the whole updating aspect which I hate and have about twelve projects/essays/presentations in the next few weeks alone (which I also hate). So if some of you want a spot here to ramble, talk about how much they love/hate coffee, or anything at all just leave a comment or e-mail me at betterthancoffee@gmail.com. I'll be back soon, I promise, I just need time to focus on school and teacher's college applications.
Besides that, I hope you all:
Have a beautiful weekend :)





A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
15 comments:
haha- I Love fortune cookies. I'm always really lucky with mine..
I DO THAT TOO! Over eat or work out! So funny. Last week I downed a bag of chocolate chips, but then the next day I ellipticaled until I was sane (took an hour... even though I am sure being totally sane isn't in my genes) :-P
ow! i'd like to get fortune cookies.... but UNFORTUNATELY, no restaurant here in my city gives them.....
Enjoy your weekend!!! :))
you are famous!!! duhhh ;)
as cheesy as they may be, i will always love a good buffet. you totally get your money's worth.
have a fabulous weekend my dahling!
Ha ha ha .... famous in bed! Man I wish I would want to exercise when I eat too much, that would be just perfect!
Hahah yayy I'm not the only silly one that adds "in bed" at the end of fortune cookies! It always makes the randomness written ten times more hilarious...and my, my, famous in bed eh? Lol that one takes the cake for the best fit with the "in bed" ending. :P
Ooh, I have such an obsession with fortune cookies. They are beyond fun!
If you need someone to guest blog, just let me know. I'd be happy to do it - e-mail me at cafefashionista@yahoo.com with the deets (i.e. when you need the post by, the subject, etc.). :)
bwahahaha I love food, and I hate excercising! hahaha, in fact, today was my first attempt to exercise after 3 years of doing nothing, total failure...
If you need more ppl to guest blog, I'm available, that is if you give me some time to write and think about the post :P Just email me and tell me the details, I'll see what I can do!
Good luck on everything, hope you'll be back soon and writing the post yourself!!!
loves
oh my that food looks soooo deliciouuuus <3 lovee
Gotta say, haven't had a fortune cookie in years, but the food looked great. Hope you enjoyed yourself.
hope you are having a great weekend!!
@ Kimberly: I would love to hear some of your lucky fortunes! I love those things, sometimes they provide the biggest laughs :)
@ Addict: I still think you're totally sane! And mmm, chocolate chipsssss.
@ Mara: It's so true! Hope you had a good weekend too :)
@ pinklotus: Aww, if you'd like I could stock up on fortunes and then send them your way!
@ bananas.: LOL you make me laugh, I <3 you. And yes yes, thrice yes on the buffet-loving!
@ OceanDreams: Haha, I really can't explain how I manage to do that ... it's like this weird voice in the back of my head telling me to(which sometimes can be very annoying hehe).
@ Archana: Girl, you and me have so much in common. Pet peeves, adding "in bed" to fortune cookies, you're awesome :)
@ Erika: I sent an e-mail your way, thank you SO much!! :)
@ Toothfairy: Aww, well whatever works for you! I've only started exercising because my once-lovely high metabolism has slowed down, which sucks. I've sent you an e-mail, thanks so much for offering!
@ Chiayo: Ah it was so good, thank you!
@ Jewels Diva: Haha, I get them about once a year, but have this strange fascination with holding onto them. And thanks, I did enjoy myself :)
@ Iva: Thanks hun, hope you had a great weekend too!
So I'm totally a guest blogger. Tee hee. Love Mandarin. But it always makes my tummy hurt... since I eat the whole buffet....
love your in other "brews"!!
Post a Comment