guest blog #1: witty quotes & fantasy
Note from Nikolett: Well, this week has definitely called for some time away from the computer (and you have no clue how much that devastates me - if you follow me on Twitter, you'll see I barely have time to update that either!). But I loved reading all of your experiences with serendipity and fate, and hope I inspired you to watch some movies, too! Our first guest blog comes from Alexis, a girl who does some amazing photography and reads a great deal of fantasy books while also struggling with university! Definitely check her out, and I have a few more guest blogs in store, so thank you to them and thanks for being patient while I'm off tackling another essay. Now, here's Alexis!
Like Nikolett, I'm also in university and this week was full of the exciting adventures that come with my school's online enlistment process. JOY!!
But, as what usually happens with me when I encounter crazy happenings, I end up finding all the crazy things that tend to happen this week very amusing. Like when the school's computer system decided to change my course from Humanities to....Industrial Economics. Yikes!
Also...it retained my previous subjects which made for an amusing contrast in information on my student information sheet. Since when do Industrial Economics courses include subjects like Visual Arts, Classical Greek Plays, Asian Literature, Film Theory and philosophy based subjects? O.O
Right then...how about let's distract ourselves from the craziness of the University life for now?
I've always like collecting witty quotes, which I either post in my regular blog or just write down in notebooks. I like quotes on reading, writing, coffee (of course!) and other random quotes like from my most favorite tv show ever, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or my favorite books like Anne of Green Gables and fantasy books by Neil Gaiman and the like.
Aside from my photography, which you can see in the most recent entries of my blog, I also like playing around with digital scrapbooking using Photoshop. The quotes below were made using Photoshop and some downloaded digiscrap freebies. :)
credits: paper from Colorfall Papers by Becky Vosburg, fonts: SP Coffee Break (quote)
& Avalon Quest (author)
& Avalon Quest (author)
I love coffee, and this quote perfectly describes how I feel anytime I see my mug filled with coffee. :P I haven't read the Discworld book this quote is from, The Fifth Elephant, I only found it when I was searching for quotes about coffee. Have any of you read it?
This next quote explains one of the reasons why I love reading, especially fantasy books. If you were to look at my GoodReads list, 145 out of the 329 books listed are fantasy. And the remaining 184 are divided among a whole bunch of other categories. I'm starting to feel like I read entirely too many fantasy books...must find others....
credits: paper from Abrielles Romance Papers by Pam Lefors Designs,
fonts: Avalon Quest (quote) & Windsong (author)
fonts: Avalon Quest (quote) & Windsong (author)
So...what are your favorite quotes about your likes or hobbies? What quotes cheer you up when you feel overwhelmed and in need of a laugh?
Alexis of The Magick Box
Thank you so much Alexis! I'm off to defeat some dragons/assignments now.
And I hope you've all been having a great week so far, I'm spending tomorrow catching up!




A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
7 comments:
aw nikolett i hope your week gets less crazy. this was a great guest post, ill have to check out her blog:)
hope you get some time to breathe nikolett!
great guest post alexis! i don't have quotes that are related to my likes and hobbies but my two fave quotes would be:
assuming makes an ass of "u" and "me"
and
be yourself, everyone else is taken - oscar wilde.
happy thursday to you both!
like you, alexis, i also
LOVE neil gaiman
HATE university enrolment week (i always seem to require the verbal permission of some professor or another to register in the one course i need to take as a pre-requisite to all the others, and this professor seems to always happen to be on vacation right at course sign-up time!!!!)
ahem, sorry about that...
LOVE quotes!
here are two of my favorites:
"the only thing better than singing is more singing" - ella fitzgerald
"behind every successful woman there is a substantial amount of coffee." - stephanie piro
enjoy your day! (and your coffee - i'm having a hazelnut latte right now)
xo meg
What an adorable guest post! I too have a love affair with the joe!
i love the fairytale-dragon quote!
makes you feel so badass to call your problems dragons doesn't it?haha
and i like kym's assuming quote xD
p.s. oh i know what you mean. realising that you have to pay for what you thought was free sure sucks. but whoaa, with $2.50, you could buy enough shave ice for a dozen ppl over here! so next time you feel like some, just jump on a plane and come over okay,that'll be cheaper....yeah right as if...hahaha!
Yayyyyyyy Nikolett you're one of my favourite bloggers and I would absolutely LOVE to have you guest blog!!
no rules, just anything and everything YOU want :D
p.s. believe it or not, i haven't seen serenpidity >_<
sounds like an awesome movie tho, so i'll check it out for sure!
such a fun guest post!! Have a great weekend ;)
My favorite quotes always come from children's fantasy books. Both Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan quotes have filled my days with all sorts of happiness. It's amazing how thoughtful, wise, and profound the quotes in children's books can be. :)
Post a Comment