guest blog #5: the importance of girlfriends
Note from Nikolett: This week has been brutality. Today alone I missed buses, showed up just in the knick of time for a presentation that I blubbered though, didn't eat a decent meal until 3pm, and then there was the event to top it all off. While in tutorial, I sat down in a chair and when I got up, a classmate tapped me on the shoulder and told me there was something odd on the back of my pants. Turned out that the chair was 1/2 covered in a sticky/melted cheese that stuck onto my dress pants and jacket. I felt like crying but instead I complained to my girlfriend through text who immediately offered to meet up and have dinner. You gotta love girlfriends, like Andhari who gave me some blog lovin', and the amazing Adele, who graciously did a guest post for me about girlfriends! Enjoy!
{picture found via weheartit.com}
Friends come in all shapes and sizes. And if you happen to be a relatively decent human being with some likability and an ounce of EQ, chances are you've had one of those in your lifetime.
There are friends you've known since you could crawl, and will probably still know on your deathbed. They are the lifelong ones. There are some that have for some reason or another, because of the theory of 6 degrees of separation, or mutual friendships, have become a permanent fixture in your life, even without you purposefully maintaining the relationship. Sometimes we make seasonal friends, they appear during a particular period of your life, make a huge difference, then disappear as the season passes.
And then there are those that you've build a bond with so strong that even despite losing touch for years, a chance encounter sparks off a reunion so genuine, that you remember fondly till the next time.
I've had my fair share of all kinds of friends, but the ones that I know I'll literally spend my whole life with, happen to come in 4 pint-sized girls whom I like to call second-generation friends or "friends-by-default" (;. You see, our parents have been friends since their younger days, and as far as I can recall we've spent quite a few birthdays/holidays/gatherings/sleepovers together. It's funny how despite having different personalities, giftings, interests and beauty regiments, taste in boys, and currently living in different parts of the world, our like-mindedness in values and beliefs and the simple fact that we love regardless makes us perfect for one another.
Girlfriends are indeed important - and sometimes (dare I say) even more than boyfriends.
Afterall, boys can't really help you in a crap-i-need-a-tampon situation (:
xoxo
Adele
So true ... I would be pretty boggled if I found a guy carrying tampons haha. Though it's sweet to see guys go out the local grocery/pharmacy to get a girl what she needs during those dire times haha. But yes, ya gotta love your gal-pals :) Thanks for the post! I have about 1-2 guest blogs still planned and then I'll be back and (hopefully) not letting school drag me down. Thanks everyone so much for your understanding :)



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
3 comments:
I love my girlfriends. And it makes me smile reasding about friends by default, I have two closest girls to me who are like that. I have a lot of seasonal friends and no matter how fun they are, it's actually sad when you're clicked with a few but they eventually disappear. Why is it the older we get, it's so hard to find a new close friend? *pouts*
I just have to say thank you to Adele - this is such an amazing post. Everything you said is so true. It would definitely be difficult to navigate everyday life without a good girlfriend by your side.
And to Andhari...I find I'm in the same boat - it's so difficult to find new close friends as you get older. :(
Take a deep breath, Nikolett - everything will work out! :)
The best thing about them is the familiarity you get. It's a blast hanging out with people who know each and every detail of your life and vice versa!
Btw, started a new blog thread called FML Fridays. Would love it if you took part!
http://juicycourtship.blogspot.com/2009/11/fml-fridays-running-around-in-circles.html
Post a Comment