Muchos gracias again for all your well-wishes -- I'm better now! And what better way to recap the weekend than by doing it backwards? (err, what?) Sunday was spent fishing with The Boy, where we caught a whole lot of lil' fishies and sent them all back to the lake. But I finally know how to cast off so I considered it an accomplished day haha.
Then Saturday, of course, was Halloween and my close friend's birthday combined! I told you all that I was going to be a Mexican senorita named Rita and that The Boy was going to be my Mexican man. Well, we couldn't find a poncho but I thought we looked pretty darn good! It was my first time wearing false eyelashes and a bright red lip, so even though I didn't look Mexican, it felt good being all dressed up.
It was my friend's big 2-1, so we headed to her house for pre-drinks and yummy pizza and cake while we waited for the limo. Well, the limo came 15 minutes late. The birthday gal got us onto the guest list with no cover, but only if we got there before 10pm. No chance of that happening now!
The limo trip there was fun as we blasted music and a bunch of gals took tequila shots (the b-day girl had 10 altogether!). I figured I'd drink more at the club -- never tried tequila, and I don't know how I'd handle it!
So we get to the club and the first thing we notice is a huge line-up that goes all away around the side of the club, and people were standing against the wall. We go up to the front and apparently there is no more guest list, the club is almost at full capacity, and we'd have to wait ... at the end of the line, outside. It was freezing and I had left the faux-fur coat my mom lent me in the limo, so we were all forced to cuddle up to each other; I kept quoting Without A Paddle: "Let's huddle together for warmth. This never leaves the cave!" Then we'd all start singing random lyrics from songs we were listening to.
Some more pictures for your entertainment - this story is a long one!
[from left to right: back of my dress, a bunch of the girls, me with the b-day girl, and the Mexicans!]
The line barely budged, and then, the birthday girl got sick -- four times, all over the pavement. It was rough going and I felt so bad for her! We tried to keep her steady, but it was clear she wasn't feeling well. I was determined that if we didn't get into the club in half an hour than we'd call for the limo to pick us up. Three of the gals with us decided to go to a line on the other side of the club to see if they could get in with their good looks.
As we rounded the corner with the club in sight, the b-day girl got sick again, the winds got stronger, and then ... Captain Jack Sparrow came up to us. He said, in a slight accent, "Ladies, my friends got into the club but I did not. I do not have cell phone. It is very sad." There were a group of girls in front of us and we all started ganging up on him and telling him to go to the back of the line, since it was clear he was butting. He kept saying, "You are all being very rude. I could hit about five of you ladies." We kept telling him to go, the b-day girl was screaming, "If you don't get out of the f-ing line I'll puke on you!" and I even quoted The Lion King and said: "Leave now. And never. Come back!" Which was pretty ingenious (although whatever buzz I had from the alcohol was gone at that precise moment).
Eventually he left, and then we were bombarded by a bunch of guys from high school, one of whom labelled me as "so-and-so's ex-girlfriend." Two guys with them were dressed up as Mario and Luigi and I stole their bomb, passed it around, and the birthday girl threw it to the ground. It was pretty funny. By that point I had already called the limo driver (who was INSIDE the club -- douchebag could've gotten us inside ... and I really hope he wasn't drinking) and he was coming to get us, and then I had to run over to get the three girls and tell them we were going.
At this point, the birthday girl passed out on the limosine seats while the other girls (besides me and my awesome friend K) were talking about going back to our city and partying at a nearby club -- after a pee break. He stopped at a gasoline station and I got some water and Doritos (lifesavers!). At the end of the night, it was most of the girls going off to partay, while the few that were left took care of the birthday girl, made sure she got home, and then we went home ourselves. Pretty interesting night, overall! It would've been nice to dance it up in a club, but I was too concerned about the gal who had one-too-many-tequilas. Still a fun night, though!
Then Friday night was a fun dinner with a few friends (two whom I haven't seen in a while, and one was the almost-birthday-girl haha). It was such a great time, we hit up Turtle Jack's and we were going to go see 'Paranormal Activity' but the only show was at midnight and we didn't feel like being creeped out at that time. So we hit up some bubble tea and played crazy eight countdown, 'cause we're cool like that!
The N.Y Butter Sauce chicken wings were to
die for and inspired this week's
recipe of the week. And if you couldn't guess, this whole weekend is my
simple smile of the week. The randomness, the dressing up, the reuniting, the fishing, the good times, and the weird times ... I love weekends like these.
Unfortunately, this month is hectic with essays/projects and my TAs in my university have gone on strike which means delays on getting into the university due to picket lines and yeah ... it's going to be chaotic. But you can guarantee I'll be here when I need to escape. Sorry if I scared some of you with my blog being private, it's up and running now! Now I'm off to relax/do homework ... seems like an oxymoron.
How were your weekends? :)
Great, I hope!
19 comments:
i giggled the entire time i read that! haha you looked awesome! and you and your boy are just about the cutest thing ive ever seen. so glad you had fun and what a great friend you are to stick back and make sure your friend was ok. i didnt get to do any fun halloween stuff but it was an ok weekend full of family! well good luck with all the school stuff going on and have a great week love! xxoo
oh my those wings look so amazing...they look even more appealing right now because i am super hungry...such a lovely post!
ayayayayayaya!!! look at you mamacita! MUY BONITA! i lovee it! loved all of it actually. sounds like amazing times. and that backward recap was refreshing! :)
Aww I heart your weekend. :) Hehe, I hate when lines to clubs are around the corner like that! On my 21st bday, we went to this bar around 11:45pm, like 15mins before I turned 21, and we begged & pleaded the bouncer to let me in before midnight so that I could have my first drink exactly at midnight, haha. He was funny, he turned to the line outside and was like "So, what you guys think? It's her 21st? The lady wants in, should we let her?" and everyone (thankfully) was like "Yeaaaayyyy". Goood times. :)
Sounds like your friend had it a little rough with the pukey pukey, but that's tequila for ya, lol. As for you, you make a darling senorita! :) <3
1. You make a real pretty mexican :) love your costume!
2. Tequila is a hardcore liquor, don't drink em all at once, birthday girl should know this.
3. She shudve booked a table in the club so you guys can get in easily but your night still sounds great to me :)
My weekend is basically spent at a halloween party ( my event organizer is throwing one ) and a music festival, where I performed lol so exhausted :)
BUTTER SAUCE wings??? ohhh myyyy *drooools*
and Ms.Rita you gorgeous mamacita! haha! love the falsies (how'd you like putting it on? haha!) and the red lipstick but most especially loved that you were quoting lines from movies all night. hahahaha! you are awesome!
my weekend was good... family flew in from cali in preparation for my bros wedding this friday! eeeekkk!
You make such a beautiful mexican girl, Rita! I love your hair and makeup; you're just so cute! :)
Oh my gosh, 10 shots of Tequila?! I want my tequila in a cocktail drink cos I can't certainly last long in just pure tequila. I can do two or three shots, but I'd be dead already in the fourth shot. The birthday girl is hardcore; and you were drinking in a moving car? Shoot, that's suicide! :)
Chicken wings = YUM, YUM!
awwww Fun weekend!! Dressing up is so much fun. You and your boyfriend looked wonderful. You are such a gorgeous girl.
sounds like an excellent weekend... i love crazy tequila-laced birthday celebrations! good luck with your month of craziness - i remember what that was like! (minus the striking TAs!)
xo meg
You and The Boy looked amazing - I love the fact that you created something totally unique with your costumes, as opposed to going with the adorable, yet totally cliched couple looks of Romeo and Juliet, Bonnie and Clyde, and such.
It sounds like you had one of the most eventful weekends ever - so glad you felt well enough to have fun! :)
you had such a great weekend! loved the pictures you shared, you look so adorable in your mexican hot latina costume!
ah.. I'm glad I never have to go fishing with Boyfriend or anyone else, as I hated it since I was a kid, and my uncle dragged me along. I was so bored haha. Maybe I'll like it now.. don't know... :S
I'd rather go snorkeling hihihi!
loves
omg, chicken wings on their own = awesomeness
chicken wings in butter sauce = I.DIE.!!!
haha
not very mexican, but you look hot anyway, so who cares! ;D
your weekend sounds like so much fun!!!
Looks like a ton of fun!
N.Y... Butter Sauce... chicken wings?!?
What do I have to do to make that happen???
I want those butter wings, they look to die for! I love your costumes, so bright and colorful! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Birthday celebration = crazy!
WOW, you had a lot going on! Your food pics have me salivating. And you should sport red lips and a hair flower more often!
This was so funny! :D xxx
@ nicole addison: Thanks so much, glad I could provide the giggles :D
@ mart and lu: Ah thanks for visiting and I hope you got some yummy food in the end. I wish I could share those chicken wings with everyone in the world haha :)
@ bananas.: Your whole comment made me smile! I wanted to shout those things so badly once were in the club it never happened :( Ahh wells, maybe I'll dress up again as a mamacita in the future haha.
@ Archana: Aw, yay I'm glad you got in for your birthday! It's so brutal, and it sucks when you have big holiday/party times on your birthday when the clubs are packed! But it was still fun for sure :)
@ Andhari: Ahh, your Halloween weekend looked so amazing, so proud of you! She wanted to book a booth but she booked it too late unfortunately, so all that was left was a 'standing booth' which we passed on!
@ Kym: AHH that's so exciting about your bro! And I got my mom to put on my falsies and one of them was brutal and wouldn't stick on one corner, but it was fun having 'em on and feeling like I had caterpillars on my eyes LOL.
@ Jessica: Rita says 'thank you senorita'! Haha. Yeah, she was crazy. Never done tequila, that's a little too hardcore ... gimme the rum!
@ Kimberly: Thanks so much, you made me blush :)
@ Megara: Thanks for the encouragement, this month is definitely going to be brutal!
@ Erika: Aww, thank you. I credit it all to The Boy who got all hung up about being a Mexican. It's nice being something different though!
@ Toothfairy: Haha, thank you! And I don't blame you for not liking it too much! My first time wishing was literally just a year ago, so I find it exciting for some reason haha. I'd love to go snorkeling though!
@ Manju: Nooo, don't die! LOL. They seriously were amazing wings. And yeah ... when the costume was completed I was like, "I don't look Mexican but whatever!" I had fun all the same!
@ Rachel Follett: Definitely was, thank you!
@ LiLu: Go to Turtle Jack's! I have no clue if they have those in the States haha. Or come and visit me and I will treat you to them!
@ OceanDreams: Wish I could send you some, they were delicious to the maximus! And thanks for the sweet comments :)
@ Kristin: Aw, thank you you're so kind. I bought that red lipstick for $8 so I definitely want to put it to use more often haha :D
@ Girl With The Golden Touch: *HUGS* Thank youuu!
Post a Comment