dear body ...
After being a hermit for the last little while, I was finally a little social with The Boy and my close friend. First was watching Law Abiding Citizen and cuddling/munching on pizza. He still has a bunch of exams to go, so I'm glad for every moment we can be together. After that, I went with my friend to Starbucks for our first Peppermint Mochas of the season (yay!) and while spending some much-needed catch-up time with her, she finally introduced me to the first episode of GLEE. Consider me hooked!
Yummy!
But now I want to steer somewhere different. Another 'social' moment I had yesterday was with my parents -- where my Dad asked me if I worked out my butt, because it's (quote) "out of proportion with your body. It's too big." (unquote) I've always had a pretty big bum (even getting nicknames like ghetto booty) but to hear from my own Dad that there was something wrong with my body ... well, it hit me. Surprisingly, it made me want to praise my body instead of being self-conscious of it. So, while this might seem like I'm tooting my own horn or something ... I think you should try this out. Each body part is special in its own way (oo-er), so why not thank it?
Dear Body ...
Dear Legs ... You're pretty long, and that's cool. But knees, please stop cracking. You make me sound like I'm forty years old.
Dear Hands ... You're attached to orangutan arms, but you're pretty handy (oh boy). I have an odd relationship with you, left hand -- thanks for helping me write, but you make it really hard to find lecture seats. By the way, I'm sorry I keep nibbling on your fingernails. I promise I'll get rid of that habit one day.
Dear Chest ... Thank you for finally growing.
Dear Butt ... Please stop growing. But I like your size, no matter what anyone else says.
Dear Heart ... Thank you for not breaking after all those silly mishaps with the same guy over and over again. Thank you for hanging in there, and thank you for pounding with joy every single time I see The Boy.
Dear Mouth ... Thank you for allowing me to taste so many delicious things. Oh, and thanks for pretty darn good teeth. But I beg you, please don't let my wisdom teeth grow in.
Dear Eyes ... You allow me to see so many things, even though I'm stubborn and refuse to wear my glasses half the time. Please don't take it too hard. Oh, and thanks for changing colours throughout the years -- I like you hazel.
Dear Stomach ... We have the biggest love-hate relationship, and you're probably the most sensitive part of my body. But thank you for allowing so many foods inside of you.
Dear Brain ... You have the weirdest memory ever -- I don't think knowing the lyrics to ten thousand songs will ever help me out unless I'm on a game show. But I love you nonetheless.
Dear Hair ... you have really annoying bangs. But you're pretty nice and you keep my ears nice and warm.
Dear Hair ... you have really annoying bangs. But you're pretty nice and you keep my ears nice and warm.
Dear Body ... Thank you for still going after all these years.
P.S. Sorry I neglected you nose, and ears, and anything else I missed ... you know I love ya.
Love,
Me
I welcome anyone else to do this -- just let me know if you do, I'd love to read them. Hope you didn't mind me ranting on about my body, haha. I hope you all have an amazing rest of the weekend -- I'm going to be finishing up the Christmas cards, playing The Sims, catching up on blogs, and hopefully have a few more social moments while gift-shopping.
What do you have planned for the weekend? :)



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
22 comments:
i wish you could have seen me reading this, i laughed so hard! i nodded my head along to most of them too, ghetto booty?? check! annoying bangs, check! grumpy tummy check check! lol loved this post:)
so sweet....my knees crack all the time too...ouch lol ;) have a great weekend!!
Well my mom has called me thunder thighs since I was 15 and that was when I practically had no thighs. Now I do..and I don't ask what she thinks of them. And yes, I can relate to ghetto booty. Nothing like the sturggle to find pants for white girls that can accomodate said booty without "the gap" that gives everyone around you a free show to said booty.
You should totally totally go on that show where you have to guess lyrics to songs and you could win a MILLION DOLLARS.
And then you'd split half with me cus I'm yr sis and it's MY idea and I want a porsche :)
i love this post! i will definitely have to do one like this sometime soon. i think it's great to celebrate your body, and to work on accepting the parts that you think are less than perfect. great attitude! oh an ps, i think if your dad mentions your butt again you should just say "oh i must have gotten it from you!" that will teach him :) my dad teases me all the time, and i can never come up with a good comeback!
ahahaha... this is cute, I'll do this, I think ;) most surely I'll write to my chest to grow up, it seemed to be stuck, lol.
Seasonal drinks of Starbucks are truly one of my favorite things - especially when shared with besties!! Love this picture of you - could you be cuter?!
I'm spending the weekend curled up with cocoa and Christmas specials!! :)
Tell your dad you have victoria's secret angel body. Girly, I saw your pics ok? You have killer bod. I always think I have bigger hip too, blame that to my dad's side of the family. No matter what I do it's still like that. It's the bone structure. I can be 42 to 43 kilos and bone thin from waist up but still my hip will always be like that. I like your positive attitude, we should embrace it. And let me tell you again, you have great body. And you know me, I never sugar coat always tell it like it is :)
These are so cute! I hope you had a good weekend :)
Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it. Hope you're having a great weekend. I went to a family get together last night. This morning I went to my mom's church for a Christmas concert. Cheers!
hahahaha... girl, I'm so super out of proportion, I think you're just fine! my mom says things about the butt too btw, but for some reason I'm getting thinner these days, while I'm NOT on a diet or working out, so she stopped saying anything about it. Now, Boyfriend is nagging that I'm getting to thin! wth...
:P
loves
i LOVE glee. funny like no kidding. like toothfairy, i get thinner these days. i dont like it at all - being thin that is... with my work, i barely get the time to eat and i walk around from 7am to 7pm nonstop lol. not so happy with getting thin cuz the other day, i wanted to buy this one sexy bra from la senza, and my usual size became too big for me wtf - WAS EXTREMELY UNHAPPY that day :P
sorry if that's too TMI ahahhaha :P merry xmas everyone!
UGH! my knees having been acting up too. NOT COOL MAN!
what did you think of glee? are you hooked yet??? i LOVE glee! and i loved law abiding citizen. so so good!
hope you had a fab weekend!
this is cute!
ghetto booty?lollll if so i have one too >_<''
and a flabby tummy...ahhh i need to tone up before 2010! so little time, so many things to do!
p.s. tagetty-tag-tag ;)
Ooh was Law Abiding Citizen good?? Gerard Butler...mmmm ;)
I have never watched Glee...I know there is a 'sneek peek' coming up on TV this week but I don't get if they are showing the whole series! I might check it out.
xxx
This is sweet, I'd love to do this 'appreciative gesture' as well :)
I don't think I can ever love my stomach. Just like the way your butt is the center of attention-my stomach is! It's so annoying for people to point it out all the time! :(
You kill me N. Hysterical. Can your butt give my butt that memo too? p.s. My word verification is sperm. And yes I am a 13 year old who laughed at that. Ah ha ha
I have this knee cracky thing too! Since I was like 16. I'm expecting bad things in my future.
I echo your comment to your knees
Dear hands... if you miss ONE MORE LAYUP AT THE RIM, I will force you to wash dishes for three straight hours
dear nose.. why is one side of your nostril a bit higher than the other?
What a great post, I like your Dear Butt statement, lol. Hope you are enjoying your week leading up to the weekend. I am going to see Christmas lights, yay!
Post a Comment