simple smile #last one of 2009!
Well, the Christmas/holiday festivities are pretty much coming to a close. Jeans are feeling a little more snug, people are enjoying gifts (The Boy got me computer speakers with an mp3 dock which unleashed my inner, inner geek), and snow has finally fallen to make it feel a bit more like a winter wonderland instead of a "freeze your arse off area." I had a bit of a random weekend full of parentals and The Boy, plus times with friends!
My adorable dog Shadow ... and moi.
First was the Christmas meals (both on Eve and Day), complete with wrapping a bow around my dog's neck and making him all festive-like. Plus, my bangs have been cut so short that I can drag them across my forehead for 'full-on bangs' (even though they're meant to be sideswept) so I rocked that look on the 25th/26th. And now looking at the picture above, it looks like one of those dogs who looks like their owners type of ads ... do you see it? I think I need a beard to make that work.
On the 26th -- Canada's Boxing Day -- I avoided every single store except for Shopper's Drug Mart to get new hair dye. I can't stand all the shoppers, all the craziness and hecticness and people tackling others to get that last (insert item you want here). Instead, I went out to dinner with a close friend and across the street from East Side's, we see this lovely sign:
Han is buff. Ja ja, vary good, Han buff, dis good.
By day, it is Chan's Buffet. But by night, it is HAN'S BUFF! It made us laugh so hard. Good ol' Chinese and Thai buffet. Instead we downed yummy bread and Caesar salad while we left our main meals to the side (gotta love the all-you-can-eat salad deal at East Side's). Oh, and we watched the first episode of Jersey Shore and I'm afraid I might be hooked. Save me now!
Yesterday, I went to a nearby city with my parents to see friends that I've known since I was about three years old. We re-discovered a song/video we made up in 2007, which I'll maybe share here (add that to the list of things I need to share with you all). After eating more yummy food and playing old-school Zelda, we decided to go to the local theatre to see Avatar. My friend Tom put it: "It's not a movie, it's an experience." I was prepared to have my mind BLOWN. Instead, the parking lots were jammed pack, there were lines out of the theatre doors, and the movie was sold out. *insert image of me crying here and repeatedly saying, 'WTF, it's Sunday!'*
We decided to check out the local cheap $5 theatre (which made me wish my city had one) and I saw the poster for Ninja Assassin and was like, "YES! I want to see that." As we went inside, we didn't see it listed on the showtimes, so we settled on Fantastic Mr. Fox instead. When we were buying the tickets, we asked whether Ninja Assassin was playing.
GUY: Oh, we were playing it for a week, but not anymore.
FRIEND: But, the the poster's still out there.
GUY: Is it?
FRIEND: Can we have it?
ME & OTHER FRIEND: (stare)
GUY: Hmm, lemme check. Usually the employees have dibs on it, I'll check if there's any left.
*goes on walkie-talkie*
GUY: Yup, there's one left! Just hold on a sec.
*girl comes out and hands us rolled-up poster*
US: Sweet!
It was so random. We still had a bit of a wait before the film started, so I delighted myself (that's what she said!) with a Peppermint White Mocha ... and then my friend wanted to go to Tim Horton's, so I brought my Starbucks into another coffee shop. And I think the Australian national anthem is playing on my Windows Media Player and I'm not too sure how that got there. That's so random (it's the future I can see).
Anyhoos, long story short: Fantastic Mr. Fox IS fantastic. I didn't know what quite to expect and I loved it. Such a clustercuss. And hopefully I will see Avatar soon and rock the 3D shades.
And now, I have a request! You can consider it a late Christmas present to me, if you'd like (teehee). The lovely Andhari (who is also nominated!) told me that I've been nominated for the Newbie Award at 20 Something Bloggers! I honestly didn't expect it ... what a newb, eh? (Oh boy.) If you want to vote, I'd be much obliged and very happy if you could for me! Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone else who got nominated (I know LivitLuvit will take a bunch, deservingly so!). This weekend, plus being nominated, definitely merits the simple smile of the week.
Hope you've all had a good start to your week!
Can you believe 2010 is only a few days away?
P.S. The Boy made us dinner tonight complete with cabbage rolls (recipe of the week!) and yummy cakes; I'm pretty sure the sugar affected the outcome of this blog entry. If reading this caused any sort of temporary insanity, my apologies.
P.S.S. Smart Ass Sara asked what the heck the belt buckle on my skirt was about from the last post (the picture from me as a kid). Well, to be honest, I have no clue! It came with the skirt and it was a 'P' and I had no clue what it stood for. Sooo ... I dubbed it the 'Posh Spice' skirt and everytime I'd wear it I'd feel like Posh Spice. Yes'm. Take care, all!




A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
17 comments:
Ohmigosh you have bangs! Bangs! Bangs! Bangs!! I absolutely adore them - you look tres cute!!
Oh, I envy you...I'm still waiting to see Jersey Shore - the hype has completely piqued my interest!!
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas my love!! :)
you look SO FANTASTIC!!!! So glad you had a lovely Christmas ;0)
Aww you and your dog are so cute! :)
I wanna see Avatar too but all theaters here are only showing local films for the Metro Manila Film Festival x_x Avatar will be back on January 4 and I really, really, really hope I can watch it then!
Voted for you btw! :)
congrats on being nominated!! :)
lol. whatthehell!!! You git ninja assasin poster??? *cries* I want one too!!! *sulky face* lol.
and Tiara loves loves loves your new bangs bangs... mweheheheh... and Shadow is really adorable, lol. where is his eyes, though. Is it that round thing? lol he's like one fluff animal (well... he actually is...)
and lololol. I can't stand the long queue in any market during christmas too! Not to mention how easily it is for me to get lost amongst the crowd, yeh yeh...
And of course (again) congrats for the nomination! ;D you do deserve it, hahaha. Noob noob Nikolett is coming your way, move aside! :d
ps: my word verification is DELIZI! Does it have to do something with delicious? Or maybe it's an ide for a new restaurant? Ooo... sounds good!
Chan's Buffet by day, Han's Buff by night. hahahhaa! And dude!!! My ex co-worker has a dog named Shadow that looks exactly like YOUR shadow! weiiiird!
Okay, so am I the only person in this world who hasn't watched Avatar yet? I can't relate when people rave about it, which means I should go see it SOON! My coolness depends on it!
Hahaha, you're right! People definitely gain a few pounds during the holidays. We're heavier, but we're also richer - both in cash and in kind! ;)
Congratulations on being nominated. I wasn't surprised anymore. Your blog is certainly awesome! Good luck, I hope you win! :)
Oh and PS..I miss you a whole bunch too! Happy new year! :)
First of all, many congrats on being nominated. I'll be sure to vote for you! :)
What an eventful weekend you had-mine only consisted of me reminding myself I'm going to fail my exams if I go on like this-and doing nothing about it.
haha..anyway Han's buff is hilarious-i love when such things happen to crack us up. Btw I'm soo jealous of all the yummy food you've been savouring! *sigh*
Haha, thanks hon! And congrats.
And you are WELCOME for getting you addicted to Jersey Shore! You can play the drinking game now!! :-)
Oh lady...jersey shore is my addiction! Its like my guilty pleasure but not. If you ever want to talk about it...lets!! :)
Sounds like you had a good holiday. Im diggin the bangs.
You look super fab lady! Glad to hear you had some after all during the holidays!!
babe, I love the bangs! I didn't know you have a dog! so cute!
and hahaha... the stupid lights, those asian were too cheap to get them repaired I guess ahahha...
I would vote for you if I was a member!
maybe I will become a member just to vote for the bloggers I know, including you! if I don't forget..that is!
loves
HAN'S BUFF!haha that is HILARIOUS! xD
and omg, you HAVE to see ninja assassin! it's awesome! Rain is so hot and duhhh it's Ninjas...period.lol
i'm kind of dying to see avatar, but i have no time these days boo!
p.s. yes Nikolett pleaseeeeeeeeeee come to Mauritius!!! :D
p.p.s the offer still stands. you can guest blog whenever you want :)
p.p.p.s happy new year ^_^ !!!!
congrats on the nomiation lady!
Nikolett, my dear!!!
Happy nye!
You are featured on my latest post:
http://notesfromthetoothfairy.blogspot.com/2009/12/ultimate-awesome-bloggers-top-100.html
Loves
i cut my own bangs last night. shhh it's a secret
Post a Comment