a very harry christmas!

I've been getting into the spirit lately ... you know that, "Where the heck is the snow? It's Christmas-time!" kind of spirit. Does anyone else get extremely irritated when it's -7°C/18°F, yet there's no snow on the ground? I expect some sort of compensation for freezing my bum-oley off. I want to go sledding, have snowball fights, make snowmen and the like! (I know a lot of others have gotten some snowfall - not here, sadly.) But this post is about a lot more than frostbite without the white stuff, trust me.
A few days ago I painted my nails a festive green (which The Boy says, "Is different and cool ... like a goblin!") and we've finally put up our Christmas tree! Me and my mom sang the Christmas classics ("My Only Wish (This Year)" hehe) while we decorated our tree and I think it looks b-e-a-utiful. And though I had to fight to put my Harry Potter ornament up, it looks like it'll be a very Harry Christmas after all!
Yep, I am cool with my Potter-on-a-broom ornament.
Then, just a couple of days ago me and my close friends had our annual Christmas party -- this time it was just with us girls, and it was so nice being able to catch up after months of ... life ... just getting in the way. We had a potluck dinner so I made some mashed potatoes and brownies (I burned my hand trying to get them out of the oven ... FAIL!), though we of course had to have our Secret Santa presents exchanged before we even ate, haha. My amazing friend replaced my Serendipity DVD (yay!) and got me two Utada Hikaru CDs, which helps feed into my Japanese-music obsession (again, I am cool).
We then ate some scrumptious dinner and I completely failed at making hot chocolate - I made the hostess one and it seemed warm enough so I made three more for my friends and they all stirred it and waited for the marshmellows to melt ... but I made it too cold. Whoopsies! At least the food was good? haha.

After busting out the Photobooth and watching numerous Youtube vids (I'd suggest listening to the voicemails of Dimitri the Stud ... guaranteed to provide lots of funny lines!), we decided to watch Paranormal Activity. Y'know, the most festive movie of the season (cough, cough). We all huddled together under one ginormous blanket and one friend ended up leaving half-way through, leaving the rest of us to sit there in suspense. I think it's the ending we got (since there's three or four, methinks) that left us going, "Huh, that wasn't as scary as we though it would be." But of course, we watched an episode of GLEE afterwards to ward off the heebie-jeebies. I think it's been five years since I used that phrase, wow.
The night winded down and there was just me and a friend left to leave ... but then, after a few questions about life (not just school/jobs), we ended up sitting on the hostess' couch and just ... talking, talking, talking. About our fears, our lives, the messes and the problems, the few things that make us smile, and how much we've grown yet not grown at the same time. We've all been friends since high school and now we've all gone through so much that is the polar opposite of a 'high school life', and I'm so glad that we do have these friendships.
I didn't get home until 4:30am, and to me that's a mark of a great Christmas potluck night the girls. I'm so thankful for that group of friends and how close we can still be and how normal (yet crazy) we can all be when we reunite. They are my simple smile of the week.
Since then I've spent some time with The Boy and, of course, watched Serendipity. I hope you're all ready for your holiday festivities and that you're having some good relaxing times, too. I'm definitely thankful for all you bloggers out there, too.
And would anyone like to send some snow my way?
It'd be an amazing Christmas present! Take care everyone :)



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
17 comments:
I wish someone would send some snow my way, as well - though we all know that will never happen; I'm in Southern California!!
Ah, I love that you got Serendipity. I just bought that movie myself. Love!! :)
Maybe there's a snow dance you could do...like the rain dance. Lol
Mmmmmm...cold hot cocoa...i'd drink it :)-
Glad to hear you enjoyed your girls...the photos are adorable. Especially the silly faces.
.....HAPPY HOLIDAYS.....
Snow is on its way, I've wrapped it in gold and silver paper! yay! :P
and utada hikaru, I like!!! though the old songs (first love period) are still my favourites...
and wow... the harry in your tree... hahaha
loves
the Harry Potter is aaawwwesome.
ahahahahaaaaaaaaa
1. your harry potter christmas tree decoration is absolutely fantastic!!
2. goblins are hot
3.serendipityyyyyyy now you`ve made me want to watch it. sigh i love that movie
4. want some snow?!?! we have a TON
5. love utada but her latest songs are ... ridiculous! i cant remember the one, but its so funny. my friend masaki does the best impression of her in karaoke. i think utada was best when she was married to her husband... he produced her videos and stuff
6. merry christmas!
Love the tree, it's super cute, even with Harry on it. I want to watch Paranormal Activity. I heard it's really scary.
We don't have snow either. Ha ha.
How sweet! Slumber parties with friends are the best :)
I can never get tired of watching Serendipity, too! That movie, together with Love, Actually and Home Alone are my Christmas movies-tradition! :)
Would anyone like to send Christmas my way? Everyone's been blogging about Christmas and how awesome it is- I don't even have one here :(
this is a super sweet, cute, fun post!! ....and I GLADLY dont have any snow to send you ;) lol ...Cali is cold lately....but minus the snow ;) have a very Merry Christmas!! ;)
goo. keep that cold weather all to yourself! haha. i'm wishing for a little snow myself but only for a day. any more than that is not meant for cali.
glad you had a fun weekend despite your "fails" ;)
absolutely love the harry potter ornament!! and serendipity is such a great movie! xo
aw cute photos, and love that harry potter ornament haha
would you like to trade blogroll links?
http://audreyallure.blogspot.com
<3
I love the film Serendipity, such a fun and snowy film. Hope you get lots of snow and lovin that Harry Potter ornament. Ha ha. I am looking forward to my Christmas card, have not received it yet but will be sure to check my mail today. :) Thanks sweetie!
I like your tree:) We have lots and lots of snow here, and if I would have been able to I would have sent some to you:) Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas Nikolett!!!!!!! <3
got my card yet? :)
i LOVE green nails, so you're not the only goblin around haha
*hugs*
I still get amazed at the fact that most of your friends are Filipinos! I think we could get along really, really well! And hey green nails? So occasion-appropriate! :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS, NIKOLETT! :)
OMG, a cute cute Harry Potter on your Christmas tree =D
Post a Comment