the cat's out of the bag ...
I keep seeing cats everywhere today. When I left home, there was a cat darting on the lawn across the street. On my way back from church was another black cat running across a driveway. And it made me think of the expression: the cat's out of the bag. Which made me think of Fab Brunette's post on looking inside her bag. So, I decided to do the same! Warning: the bag of a university student is usually messy and full of random things.
There's my bag on the left -- I use it for classes, for going shopping, for sleepovers, you name it. It's pretty basic, but I love it for the fact that it can fit my laptop and my battery for it, plus a whole bunch of random things I need. I used to have an H&M bag that served the same purpose, but then my pen exploded in it, leaving ink over everything.
Anyhoos, you probably want to know what's inside it, don't you?
Just a note: I got rid of about 10 smushed chocolates in my purse before I took this ;)
1) My wallet, a Marc by Marc Jacobs that I got from my sister a few years ago and love!
2) My notebook that I use for my classes. It's so colourful and makes me want to write in it.
3) A pack of gum. Always. And it's sugar-free, which Chandler Bing would like (at 2:44).
4) Gotta have some pens. Although I'm pretty sure the bottom one is dead.
5) My glasses. Without their glasses case. I take care of them ... well. *cough*
6) My cell phone with a pretty charm from Japan my friend got for me!
7) My USB key where I store essays and not one, but 3 lip glosses/chapstick.
8) Some anti-bacterial moisturizing hand lotion in Warm Vanilla Sugar. Smells so good.
Oh, and a random napkin. Because you never know when you might need one?
9) Oprah kinda sticks out, doesn't she? My Professor lent me an issue of her magazine since I have to write a paper on her magazine in two weeks. This issue is from 2003 ... wowsers.
10) Some tinted lip conditioner from Mac. Smells yummy and makes my teeth look whiter, which is a plus.
11) And finally, my agenda. Without it, everything would be handed in even later than it already is, hehe.
If you feel like showing off what's in your bag, definitely go for it! Next, I got this award from the amazingly adorable Krissy! Thanks so much :) It's theYou're A Doll award! The gals on that picture scare me, but getting an award doesn't, hehe.The rules are:
1. Remember to link back to the person who awarded you!
2. Select 5 more bloggers that you think are dolls and link them at the bottom.
3. Tell about a character from a book/ movie/ drama that you like most.
Now the third rule took the longest for me. There's so many characters I adore (especially Sara and Selene, characters Kate Beckinsale plays in two amazing movies). But from what I've seen, most of the dolls who have been rewarded this try to make the character relate to them in some way ... so in that case, I choose:
Georgia Nicolson. The first book from the series (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson written by Louise Rennison) was given to me by my sister and had me literally rolling on the floor laughing. I was ROFL-ing hardcore. She's a British teenager who writes in her diary about all the random things that happen in her life, her crazy family, her friends, and her mishaps and relationships with boys. Her aspiration is to be a back-up singer, which shows how cool she really is.
I like her because she's not perfect. She's written as a normal, albeit kooky, teenage girl who makes up words with her friends and does crazy dances in public (something I did a lot in my teenage years). She has her grievances about her body parts (huge nose and huge boobs), but by the end of the series she learns to love herself. And she has her crazy times with a multitude of boys, but finally learns to be with the one who likes her for her. Her character has been with me since 1999, so in a way, I felt I kind of grew up with her. The series came to an end last year, but I can re-read them over and over again.
Plus, they made the first three books into a movie which really brought her to life. She's funny, she's selfish, but caring and ... yes, I like her. And hope someone else has read the series/watched the movie!
And now I ask:
How have your weekends been? What did you do? :)
Mine was pretty lowkey, so I want to live vicariously through you all, haha.
Have a great rest of the day!




A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
16 comments:
i was really hoping there was a cat, in a bag.
Well thanks for tagging me, and I love your little notebook, it's so cute :)
You're the cutest, and having big sis who gave you pretty items like that is amazing :D I adore both of you. Thanks for tagging me too btw.
I like Georgia Nicolson and how she's just a regular girl, it kinda gives me hope. I mean we all know she has big nose and sprouts zits a lot but she got the hottest dude .:D
Wow- great mindds think alike because at this very moment...I'm doing the purse pictures. :) It'll go up later this week, probably. My purse is loaded down. Love your wallet, too!
Yes to #11! I'd be so lost if I didn't write everything down!
Ooh, your bag is organized. I can't believe you survive with just one lip gloss - I have about seven in my handbag right now...all different shades/flavors!!
Congratulations on the award! Ha, Georgia Nicolson - she is one of my favorites. I believe I would be Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries. We are one and the same. Exact for the being tall thing; oh yeah, and I'm not a princess - though I totally pretend to be!! :)
okay, weird...first thing that caught my eye was the magazine and i was like O_Owhat does Nikolette need a marriage repair kit for LMAO
thank youuuuu for the award missy :)
I saw Fab Brunette's post... I should do a bag post soon! I love the Marc wallet :)
I love love love Georgia Nicholson! Come to think of it, there is indeed a bit of her on you! :)
Would love to do that bag post as well, who doesn't love a roomy bag where we can fit our stuff, right? :D
I've seen a lot of bloggers do this and may I make a suggestion.
Put your hand cream, lipglosses, napkin etc in a small cosmetic bag, and your pens in a small pencil case or tin.
That way, you know EXACTLY where they are, you're not digging for them, they're not leaking and they're not at the bottom of your bag.
Speaking of cats. I found two kitties in the hood of my car. Weird huh? They keep coming back and I think they broke something. Anyhow, nice blog. I'll be dropping in again soon. By the way, cute notebook and agenda/planner. have a great week. =)
Your bag is definitely organised, I keep thinking about doing this but mine is a mess :) I love the Mac Conditioner - I have it too!
I think that psychologists can write an essays about Psychology Women's Bag :)
Love your marc wallet, it's super cute!
I love these posts because I'm so nosey. I did one a couple years ago and realized that I carried around wayy too much with me. I think I should do an update this year. =P
Cute stuff in your purse! The notebook is very cute. ;)
Post a Comment