lush products look like candy.
Lately, I've been bombarded by Lush hauls. Not to say this is a bad thing ... I'm just subscribed to a lot of people on Youtube who happen to like Lush, I guess! But ever since Cheryl's entry about baths, it reminded me how much of a bath person I am not. (That sentence is phrased awkwardly.) I used to take baths all the time as a kid, but due to lack of time I became used to showers. I take a bath maybe 2-3 times a year if I'm really mentally or physically exhausted.
But one main reason I don't bathe? Because I feel like I'm lying in my own filth. I just lie there, trying to cleanse myself but then all I think is -- I'm going to be lying in whatever I'm ridding my body of, so will I really be clean? When I was at the mall with my friends in Toronto last week, we walked by the Lush store (a store that specializes in bath-and-shower type things) and my friend complained of the strong smell. I told her my oddball thinking of lying in your own filth and she went, "If I told that to my mom, it would ruin her life." Meep, my apologies if I just ruined yours with this rambling.
I'd love to try out Lush, if only to give the appearance that I'm lying in lovely bubbles or in a pool of gold. But there are two reasons why I don't think I'd ever be able to purchase Lush. 1) the girls who work there shove the pieces in my face which; 2) has made me realize that almost every single item there looks like candy. When they shove something in my face and go, "This smells so good!" all I think is, "Nom nom nom."
To me, that just looks like yummy, ginormous jawbreakers. And this is proof that I am probably insane -- me wanting to eat products meant for the bath.
The fact that my last term of uni has started has also made me feel insane. Thanks everyone for the encouragement, but things like people YELLING in the student centre about reviewing notes (wtf, mate?) and seeing a courseware full of newspaper articles priced at $78.98, well it just makes me want to rip my hair out. That's why I cannot wait until tomorrow to renew my Wednesday Wishes segment -- I've been wishing a lot lately. Wishing about visiting my sister in Vancouver, wishing about having that diploma in my hand with teacher's college offers, and wishing about finding that perfect pink dress. Err, yes.
I'm going to a charity ball my university's holding a month from now -- it's The Boy and mine's Valentine's Day present to each other. Get dressed up, eat some yummy food, and dance the night away~ Andhari wrote on Twitter about getting a new dress, to which me and Shirley talked about 'never having enough dresses' and me saying that she could always give one to me, since I need a dress for the ball. This, in turn, spawned a whole Twitter conversation that led to: you ladies are the cutest. We should have a matching mini dress. No joke. :) pink or something. Thus, this was born:
Project Barbie, or Lovedress, is a mission to acquire a pink dress and take pictures wearing it, posting it on February 3rd. Now, I don't think I'm gonna wear a pink dress to the ball on the 5th, and I don't think I even own a pink dress (I suggested red, haha) but it's a fun, neat little challenge! If you want to join, just comment here, and if you want any more info, go see Andhari's entry about it! Embrace the pink side of life and promote it if you'd like!
Hope you've been having better luck getting 'back into business'!
And if you're still on vacation time ... I envy you :)
This has probably been one of the most random posts I've made in a while.
{picture found via wehearit.com + Andhari's Project Barbie image}




A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
7 comments:
Haaaa... that thing reminds me of my mom's blush-on... o.o am I seriously that addicted to blush on? Well... that doesn't look really yummy to me because... dear nikolett, they're kind of huge, right? haha... or is it just in the picture? o.0
whatever, lol. and I'm in for the project, now all I need to do is to ask my friend to photograph me, and the other friend to do my make up, bwhaha... (wait, we need to at least do some touch-up, right?) :P and of course to make sure I'll be able to blog on february 3rd
If the fact that I spent two hours staring blankly at the computer screen earlier today, my brain completely numb, is any indication - no, I am not adjusting to getting back to business. When's Christmas? :)
I have never purchased anything from Lush but I definitely like the smell of the store. It is all soaps and stuff, I dunno. I prefer the Body Shop & Aveda products! Oh, and very cute about the Valentine dance!
Maybe you should take a quick shower first before stepping inside the tub? :D
A ball? Sounds great! So this is where Project Barbie came to be, huh? I am so excited! Especially since lots of people are also joining. Fun! :)
lolzzzz nom nom nom????haha you crack me up so much!
Nikolett!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got your card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD
thank you so much!! and i love the little surprise inside.it's way better than coffee hehe ;)
did you get mine yet????
ahhh i dnt have a pink dress. i think i'll join , maybe, but only if i can get my hands on one
oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh, agree to disagree on Lush, as I am the biggest Lushie I know. I was never much of a bath person either, but I'm having a hard time adjusting to frigid Boston winters, and after a freezing day, nothing defrosts me like a nice hot (toffee-scented!) bath. Even if it does feel just a little like broiling in Me Stew.
@ Little Miss Tiara: Yeaaah ... they're pretty huge. Like ginormous jawbreakers haha. And I still need to find a pink dress, you just reminded me!
@ Erika: Aww, you're so cute. And it's just 11 months away! WHOO-HOO!
@ Margarita: Ah okie, I thought you tried it out. The smell is very potent, that's for sure. And I want to try out more Body Shop products!
@ krissy: LOL I love this idea. And yup, a ball! I'm so excited that I get to dress up!
@ Manju: Hehe glad that I doooo! Ahh yes, this is where you told me about getting my card! So glad you got it ... can't wait to get yours :) I still have to find a pink dress, too!
@ notthatkindofgirlblog: You're really making me want to try them out now ... I love anything to do with toffee haha. I took my first bath of 2010 on Sunday after a long day outside in the snow, so I can totally get where you're coming from!
Post a Comment