Pages

simple sick sniffles ... I mean, smiles.

I planned this weekend to be one full of pictures. What I didn't count on was Avatar being sold out yet again when me and The Boy wanted to go see it (instead we watched Sorority Row at home with the pizza we planned on sneaking in to the theatres, whoop whoop). I also didn't plan on getting massively sick. Boo-urns. But in the spirit of feeling loopy on all drugs not containing acetaminophen (I'm allergic), I'm going to recap my weekend, backwards!

First off, if you haven't already, wish the happiest of birthdays to my amazing and wiser (that sounds nicer than 'older', methinks) sister, Margarita -- or, a Fab Brunette. Her daughter, Princess (my niece!), is also celebrating her birthday tomorrow ... ahh, how time flies! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The majority of Monday and Sunday was spent trying to battle this sickness while filming a movie. Say what? you might be asking. Don't worry, it won't be hitting your local movie theatre anytime soon. In the fourth year of our multimedia degree, we have to do a thesis project. Me and my close friend are doing an advertising/web campaign on HIV/AIDS, but my schoolfriend decided to take a more fun approach and create a trailer/website for a movie based on a book series called Pawn of Prophecy.


A couple of months ago she came up to me and asked, "Would you like to act in this? You would be a 7, 000 year old sorceress." As soon as she said that, I was in! (I'm so easy ... (that's what she said.)) After getting all of our make-up/hair done by the schoolfriend's sister (who's a professional make-up artist, so I felt pretty glammed up!), we headed outside for photography and then drove off to a farm in ridiculously cold weather. The horses were adorable ... I grew fond of Jenny, a 29-year old who was blind in one eye, but so soft and gentle. The rest of the time was spent trying to cozy up to the tiny heater while the kind owner of the farm provided us with hot cocoa. Still didn't stop the cough (can't stop the cough, can't stop the cough ...).

Regardless of being sick now, it still was some fun times and I rocked a blonde/silver extension for my character which was pretty neat-o!



There's me in my costume (and me acting goofy), a behind-the-scenes look at the filming,
a picture of Jenny the amazing horse, and a full look at the medieval cast!


Filming on a Sunday meant getting up ridiculously early ... but the night before, I was at an Irish pub celebrating my friend's birthday. I've known her since I was 7 and she was 8, so we go way back! Me and The Boy braved cold weather to wish her a happy birthday. It was a nice excuse to dress up since I got a few sequin tops around the holidays (yes, I a sucker for sequins). Plus, it was just nice to catch up :)

 
Probably not the smartest idea to wear this in -9°C (or 15°F) weather -
I promise I had a warm cardigan and a winter jacket overtop, though!


Annnd Friday I already explained :) Arrived 45 minutes early to the theatre, only to find Avatar sold out. But we made the most of our night! And now ... well, now I have tissues shoved up my nostrils.  So the weekend was my simple smile, but the illness is not. I feel like I've been fun over by a bulldozer ... and it doesn't help that my calves are strained from too much exercise. But I'm very excited for Bon Bon Rose's week of giveaways (and sorry Kristin for the comment, you're fabulous at any age! haha) and I'm excited for Therapeutic Thursdays! Glad so many of you liked it ... I'll be taking it low-key this week, but I'm gonna be asking you for some questions soon! So keep those ready, por favore.


In the meantime, would anyone like to send some soup my way?
Hope you've been having a healthier week!

P.S. I'm a little overdue in catching up with your blogs, I hope you understand ... once I feel better, I'll be more likely to make comments that make sense hehe. Still love you all!

btemplates

17 comments:

littletiara said...

Wooooww... 7000 year old sorceress! haha... with partially blonde hair too! xD that's kind of cool. Haha...

is there any chance we can watch the film/ad? :d I want to see it with my friends and so at your part I can shout "look! that 70 year old sorceress is MY bloggy friend!" Hahah xD. Show off much? :d

and lol. It's actually trivial but.. your friend's cloth is so very similar to my friend's maybe we're just meant to be after all. Or they are? Hmm...

and of course I'm excited about the therapeutic thursday, mwahaha... I need some therapy lately, indeed. Ha!

erika sorocco said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Princess!

I absolutely adore these pictures of you - you are so cute!! :)

krissy ♥ said...

Wow you are making a short film! I graduated with a Mass Communication degree so we used to do stuff like that a lot. It was so much fun! Tiring, but definitely fun. Gah I miss those days.

Hope you get better soon Nikolett! :D

Anonymous said...

blog hopping :) am just new in blogging..hehe have a nice day :)

get well soon :)

Meg said...

The filming looks super fun!

Hope you feel better soon. I've got a cold, as well. That time of year, I guess.

sarah said...

no no no! dont be sick. boo.

i would totally come and make you some soup. when i had swine flu, all i wanted was someone to come and see me and make me soup but i didnt want anyone around me in case they got sick too... sick cycle... haha. i made a joke

i hope you feel better hun.

Amanda said...

Aw, feel better soon! Oh, and PS - I had no idea fab brunette was your sister :)

Unknown said...

my nikoooolett! you're an actress now! i need your autograph!!!! hahaha! ;P

oh gosh girl, dont even get me started on the sold out-ness of Avatar! I saw it on opening week with bf on regular 3D so that was all good but then my whole family wanted to watch it (this time in IMAX) so we tried about 3 times during the holidays but they were always sold out even when we would go and line-up THE DAY BEFORE!!! =S Anyway, we finally got to watch it the second time last Saturday. loved it ! :)

Andhari said...

Even as an old sorceress, you're incredibly pretty. Now how could - get my hands on those tapes, please? :D

Honey Bee said...

Ugh, I've just fallen sick too.
Need some soup my way too!

A New England Girl said...

Filming and being a sorceress? Oh my gosh - how much fun! And you looked beautiful, as always. :)

Iva Messy said...

oh please please PLEASE feel better soon!! I feel so bad when people get sick! its just no fun at all!! seriously, no worries about catching up!!! feel better!! that is #1! happy birthday to your sister AND niece....you look BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Feel better! I want to see Avatar too...sold out everywhere!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Dude. You are so silly. I thought it was funny. And you look pretty fierce with your extension!

Manju said...

you're so so pretty nikolett!!!
i want to see that trailer/movie!!! xD
linkie?? ^_^
feel better soon darling

Toothfairy said...

soup in a box in your way! :P

are you sick again?! I thought you just recovered from another sickness a while ago... poor you! get well soon nikolett!

loves

Emma x said...

Fab pics, hope you feel better soon x