therapeutic thursdays...?
At last, it's come to the end of my first week of my last term! This week has seemed so long, though daydreaming about Antigua certainly made a little more relaxing (and I'm happy a lot of you wanted to come with, or at least see me there ... let's hope I can make it happen, cap'n)! Today was a long day that started off with a seminar on Oprah Winfrey (oh yes, should be interesting), followed by a large break. I figured during this time I could blog and fill up the time, but with what?
I have the simple smiles on Monday that I try to do, and then every other week I'm going to do Wednesday wishes about places I'd love to travel to -- I'm trying to give this blog a little bit more organization, though you get bet your bottom (erm, awkward) that I'll still be filling it with randomness.
I know LiLu has the amazing TMI Thursdays, though usually all my TMI moments are just my dirty mind coming up with something revolting for an innocent situation. So while I might have a TMI story to share from time to time, it might stress me out to come up with one each week. So then I thought, Hmm, what do I desire most right now? The answer: less stress, more relaxation. And so, how about:
Therapeutic Thursdays?
The title of it just shows how weirdly obsessed I am with alliteration. But yes! This would be a Thursday filled with:
1) Inspiring or relaxing quotes;
2) Nice stories to soothe the soul;
and/or 3) Answering your questions!
Now I'm not a therapist by any means, but I figured it could be a way to get to know a lot more of you better -- and who knows, maybe a question you have could be something a lot of people can relate to. It could be something personal, or something general (about shopping, coffee, exercise, music, whatever you've got).
It'll give me the chance to pretend I'm some agony aunt, writing to her readers in a posh coffee shop or something. Although in reality, I'll be at school in some chair, sipping my Kool-Aid Jammer. Wouldn't you want advice from someone like that? *cough*
This is just something I came up with on the bus ride home, so it's really just a thought. Let me know what you'd like, though! I put a poll at the bottom of the right column sidebar asking what you'd like to see on Thursdays. If you want some therapy, or TMI, or randomness, just hit the button! And if you have any other opinions of what you'd like to see on this blog, then comment below! I'm up for just about anything (except taking nude pictures ... *cough*).
And if you haven't already and you're between the ages of 20-30 (sorry Kristin!), then I'd love it if you could vote for me here, por favore. And that is all I shall ask of you. Oh wait, no. One more thing. Wish a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO IVA! She's such an amazing blogger who deserves lots of birthday wishes!
I'm thinking up ideas for a giveaway soon, so look forward to that, too!
Now, I have 2 questions:
1) Therapeutic Thursdays - yay or nay?
2) What are you looking forward to this weekend?
For me, it would have been sleep except I have stuff planned everyday so ... I guess it's lots of picture-taking for me! Have a great start to your weekend, everybody!



A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
19 comments:
Therapeutic Thursdays - such a clever title! I too am obsessed with alliteration!!
I want to spend the weekend curled up with Seventeen, Teen Vogue, and Madeleine L'Engle's Camilla - this has been a long week!! :)
it's definitely a YAY! Hahaha.. I love inspiring quotes and sweet stories and you answering the questions :D hahahaha...
what now? the second question? Oh! Of course I'm eager to know how my calendar will be turned out being printed and who will be the winner of my very first giveaway. haha :D
I'm looking forward to my friend's babyshower and reading like a maniac. Yay!
A seminar on Oprah Winfrey? Dang, what did you guys talk about?
Yay for Therapeutic Thursdays! I can't wait what you have for in store for us this time! As for what I'm looking forward to this weekend? A LONG, RELAXING MASSAGE! I sooo need it!
i believe you can never get enough therapeutic fabulousness... sounds wonderful!
I'd love your kool-aid inspired advice ;)
Happy 2010
I'm YAY on all your posts!! Monday- Sunday - 2022 ;) you are fabulous lady!! serious you are so incredibly sweet for giving me such beautiful birthday love. Thank you from here and around the world and back some :)
Of course yayyy, post anything you like. You can even switch Theurapeutic Thursday then TMI the next week, if you happen to have a story :)
Therapeutic Thursdays sounds great! :) Definitely yay.
I'm going to watch Sherlock Holmes tomorrow with some friends! YAY!! :)
definite yay!!
Definitely a yay for Therapeutic Thursdays. :)
Honestly, I've never been a fan of doing daily blog themes. I find that even when people say they'll do them, they end up getting off schedule somewhere in there. Even I have tried to stick to some sort of schedule, but I failed miserably. I suppose it depends on each blogger though.
I'm actually trying to start a new one since I'm participating in Project 365 this year, I want to post a weekly re-cap of the photos I took, but who knows if I'll be able to manage that even. :)
Good luck!
1. love the idea of therapeutic thursdays, it's a great day for a little peace in the middle of the week!
2. i'm looking forward to SLEEPING IN this weekend :)
i like it a lot. and i will be sending you thousands of questions that you shall have to ponder and answer and clarify for me
thank you ;p
this weekend? trying to get over my bloody jet lag. and the post holiday funk
Thank you VERY much for coming up with such an idea! I'm sure I'm not only speaking for myself when I say we really need something like this. So go for it. =)
The weekend is almost gone and I haven't even done a quarter of my To Do list-it sucks. Thus, more stress. :P
I think that's a fabulous idea! I was looking forward to some retail therapy...but it was soooooo cold today that I stayed inside. Hopefully tomorrow!
I'd say yay, it's a great idea!
weekend is over now? :S but I stayed in most of the time and relaxed...
loves
That sounds like a fantastic idea - we all need therapeutic days I say! Have a fabulous week!
Oh and P.S. Somehow I missed you calling me out for being olllllllllllllld. Jerk. Ah ha ha
we have something in common ~ I also, am a sucker for alliteration
Happy Tasty Tuesday ~
(and oh yes, ps ~ tomorrow is Wednesday Wardrobe Wants over on City Girl Chicago :)
Post a Comment