Pages

a piece of me & a picspam!

This month....

I like:
that I'm able to have some fun nights out with my friends and The Boy before school really kicks in!

I don't like: how teacher's colleges decide what your 'prerequisites' are. I really wish there was some easier way to explain that what I do does involve computer studies. I'm getting all nervous that I won't be accepted.

I want you to know: that I get a week off from school next week and I am stoked.

I've planned: to finish at least a quarter of the papers due next month so I can enjoy MUSE and Final Fantasy XIII in March without a crazy amount of deadlines!

I want to say to someone special: Please hang in there. I know how you feel about him, but give yourself time to see if he's worth it. And I love you.

If you'd like to take part, then  just take a look-see here for Shirley's A Piece of Me game!

This busy weekend definitely made up for my hermit-like weekend beforehand. Going to a charity ball on Friday was amazing. Last night was spent drinking some delicious Bubble Tea and going off to see "Dear John" with my close friend (not a great movie, but still a great night). It's nights like these that make you temporarily forget the stressful moments going on in life, and I'm so grateful for those times.

And now ... onto the picspam. I was looking forward to the charity ball my school was holding probably for the last six months or so. I haven't attended a formal since high school and figured since this is (hopefully) my last year, I'd go. Fortunately, The Boy came as my date and we met up with a bunch of close friends to eat some yummy food, dance the night away (though we mostly took pictures and sat hehe) annnd...
I got a wee itty bitty drunk. We had to buy little ticket stubs for our drinks before you actually went and got the drinks, and my friends kept giving me them. A mixture of drinks = crazy, loopy, and can't-really-walk-properly me. It was a fun night :)

And Manju wanted to see my haircut -- you can't really tell how it's cut because I asked her to curl it, but it feels a little lighter and my bangs are finally above my eyes, which is a relief. So yes, brace yourself for some random pictures.



 
Our really sad-looking dinner that I made for us since the ball didn't have a formal dinner.
I made some yummy bruschetta, breaded chicken, and butter-and-herb chicken. Plus cheesecake.
Nom nom nom.


A group photo of all the ladies & gents ... next to a palm tree!
The theme was Egyptian, which meant lots of shirtless guys pretending to be Pharaohs.



 
Climbing a pyramid (or attempting to anyway)!
And The Boy being Avada Kadavra-ed!

Me and my closest friends. I've known most of them since high school (one since we were both seven).
They mean the world to me :)



 
A look at the crazy dance floor with the blinding lights!

 
This is how I dance ... I will gladly share my techniques.

 
The casino portion of the ball. One of my friends ended up winning a whole lot! :)

And one of the last photos of the night ... priceless.

After the ball, most of us went into my close friend's Jeep. And that's where I exploded in a fit of snorts, apparently. And we kept talking about deer. It was definitely a random and fun way to end a great night :)

How were your weekends? 
Hope you've had a good one :)

P.S. Last day to enter the giveaway is tomorrow!
P.S.S. Thanks for all your additional ideas of how to avoid going psycho crazy ... definitely forgot to mention reading a book or watching a movie/TV show. Which is what I feel like doing now instead of doing homework ...

btemplates

17 comments:

Manju said...

I LOVE how they styled it, you look beautiful :)
the Avada Kadavra pic made me lol - EPIC haha

Iva Messy said...

..try not to worry about getting accepted. We can only give our best always, how and when our doors open isn't always in our hands, but time makes everything fall into place in the end.

You hair looks darling lady! she did a great job with your curls and bangs. You are a fabulous chef ;) all that good yumminess!!

Glad you enjoyed the ball, looks like a lovely time. I think you have so pretty awesome dance moves there ;)

Happy Weekend!!

nicole mountz said...

you are gorgeous! i love the new hair! and how much fun are all those pictures haha, they make me miss the times when i saw my friends 24/7:) and you and your boy are still way too adorable for words.

Honey Bee said...

Your curls look gorgeous!! I LOVE THEM. I wish I could do that to my hair but mine is just too straight...it hardly stays curled for an hour.
Btw, your boy and you look sooooooo cute together. I love your pictures.
I'm sort of in a worry too...about doing well on my exams. But you know what...we just need to relax and need to know the outcome is out of our hands. What we can do is do our work...which is study in my case, or apply to the jobs you want in your case. Best of luck with it, love.
And Nikolett! Thank you soooo much for your comment on my blog...it was so sweet and heartwarming and made me feel so LOVED. I would have never imagined that my blog would ever have such reactions-thank you thank you and let me tell you it means the world to me! :)
I really really don't want to stop blogging...I just need to figure out a way to get past this mess. If I make my blog private then I won't be able to get new readers (which is something I really look forward to) and if I make a new anonymous blog, which sounds like a very good plan..i feel a few days down the lane I'll want to claim my thoughts as my own. I don't know if I'll be able to live under a non existent identity. :/ I know I'm very indecisive. Lets see..I'm still taking some time to figure it out.
Hope everything is good with you
xx

erika sorocco said...

Your hair looks fabulous; and, I want a week off from school! Do something fun; I'm going to live vicariously through you during your break!! :)

paddle to shore said...

Omg- You are soooooo cute!!! Iove all these pictures and your hair is awesome!!! Loving the curls.

bananas. said...

your haircute is adorable! you're rocking it so well :)

hope you had a fun weekend doll!

sarathira sukiman said...

oh my you are so beautiful! your haircut really suits youuu, just love love love the curls with your brown hair. you looked like you had a wonderful night, must have been awesome :)

do take care, and i hope youre enjoying your week!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You looked gorgeous lady. Loooooooed the curls. Hang in there with school!

Unknown said...

i knew we were friends for a reason, we dance the same way! hahahha! and girl you weren't kidding about having practically all filipino girlfriends huh?!?!?! ;P

p.s - totally jealous of your week off. :(

the girl in stiletto said...

omgd you're so like me!!! (or i'm so like you!!!)

i LOVE Muse & Final Fantasy.... gah! ;p

homework gotta suck. even though i don't have homework to attend to anymore, i have to attend to overtimes now, which sucks even more (except for when money starts to roll in) heheh.

Amber said...

That looks super fun! I love your dress!!

krissy ♥ said...

Your ball looks so much fun! I love your curls, they really suit you! And I agree with Kym, I now see proof of you're having a bestfriend who is also Filipino! :)

LOL at the Avada Kadavra pic :D

Sierra said...

You look so pretty, I love your gorgeous curls! So glad you had a nice time and you and your boy are definitely cute. Time off of school is always nice too. ;)

sarah said...

hello darling nik!

wow its been so long since i commented, sorryyyy. its been quite crazy and its been all i could do to actually get blog posts of my own out. wow.

i am sorry youve been feeling the pressure lately. whew man i think this time of year is super crazy for everyone. what are we to do? ride the wave i guess. it has to slow down sometime

and when i am crazy, i put on REALLY bad music from school, like nysync and slippery socks and then twirl around the wooden floor. works a charm

i am SO still keen for project post a package, so keeeeen

xxxxxxxxxx

Jessica said...

Nikolett dearyyyyyyyy!

Haven't been dropping by people's blogs, including yours, lately. No wonder I feel so behind! Good thing we're both on Twitter, so I still get updated somehow.


Anyway, I LOVE YOUR PICTURES girl, you look absolutely beautiful! Wow, I'm simply speechless! And again, I love that you're surrounded by Filipino friends. You all look lovely!

Enjoy your week-long vacay okay? :)

Andhari said...

You're insanely gorgeous, polish doll!

I love how your hair curls in the botto :)