Pages

therapeutic thursdays: ask nikolett #2

It's time for another:
 

This time, it's just a few random questions which is good since I really want to watch the women's figure skating, with only a couple of advice-related questions but I hope you enjoy 'em nevertheless. I'll probably make a permanent Ask Nikolett post so you can continuously ask questions and about once a month I'll pluck 'em out and answer them! Yahoos! And I'm going to have a small giveaway soon before all the lovely guest blogs, so stay tuned for that, too!


 
What is love? - Little Miss Tiara
Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me ... no more~ I remember in high school when I was a part of video club and we had this whole segment in our end-of-the-year video where we got people to sing that song and ... anyhoos, off-topic! I think love is probably one of the most complicated topics of our world ... so much poetry, songs, books written about love. 

To me, personally, love is something that can often get blown out of proportion, or can be severely underrated. With my relationship with The Boy, love doesn't mean being in that 'honeymoon stage', but rather finding something new to care about every day. It's about making those feelings last, getting through the hardships together because you love each other. Love is holding on even when the ship starts to sink a little, because you know it will sail again. Enough cheesy analogies, hehe. It's comfortable with just the right amount of daily excitement. And from personal experience, love is having a relationship with more happy times than sad (or as I like to put, more happy tears than sad tears). Love is a many-splendoured thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all we need is love ;)

 How do you get yourself studying when the fear of failure is too much because there are too many expectations attached to it? - Nahl
Story of my life, right now. I've felt like giving up on studying on so many occasions lately because of fear of failure but there are certain things I try to keep in mind to motivate myself, which hopefully work for you:  

1) Do it for yourself ... not doing the studying at all is guaranteed to make you fail anyway, so do it for yourself to satisfy yourself and say, yes, I got through this ... make that a reward rather than all the other expectations;  

2) Remind yourself why you're doing it ... getting through the studying/assignments/tasks ahead of you is a choice only you can make. I've found myself crying because I felt I would disappoint my parents with my results ... but again, you have to do it for yourself; 

3) Try to find fun in it. I know that might seem impossible with so many due dates and the like. Most of the time though, we're able to choose what subject we're studying, so try to remember why you like that subject so much and try to find the fun in it, rather than automatically thinking about the end result. Hope this helps!



If you could compare the boy to a movie character, which one resembles his personality the most? - Jessica
Oh man, this was a toughie. When I asked him the question, he actually said Jim Carrey (no lie) and I have no clue why ... and then I re-asked the question and he realized what I meant, haha. Together we decided on a mix of Jonathan Trager from Serendipity and Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Jonathan Trager because of the serendipitous way that me and The Boy met ... it wasn't necessarily love at first sight (since I don't believe in that), but it was new and exciting. Jonathan seems to find delight in the little things (figure-skating, drawing constellations on arms), much like The Boy does. Aragorn, on the other hand, is a bad-ass who people take for granted. Half of the first movie is spent with people underestimating him until they found out he's the true King. I find it's the same way with The Boy ... people underestimate him because he's an immigrant, but he's accomplished so much. And, like Aragorn, he has a tough exterior but a lovey-dovey side, like with Arwen.

Oh, and I'm also throwing in a touch of Borat, because The Boy is a little crazy and has an accent, haha.


What's the stupidest thing you did done when you were drunk? - Andhari
In all honesty, I've only been drunk about twice in my life ... the most recent one was the charity ball earlier this month where I apparently snorted-while-laughing a lot plus kept saying, "Ja? JA!" repeatedly (I sound like a hyperactive mess haha). 

But the stupidest thing was probably going out either The Boy's birthday or his friend's at this restaurant-entertainment place and I was really heavily tipsy. There was a hanging light from the ceiling, so I kept touching and poking it until it started swinging and went, "Whoooooa." Then, I saw another light coming into my eyes from somewhere else but I thought it was me and went, "Woooow so many liiiiights" but, it was actually the bouncer flashing his flashlight at me to get me to stop what I was doing ... ahh, so lame. A pretty tame story I know, but that's probably the stupidest thing!


What would your dream wedding be like? - Little Miss Tiara
Haha, my sister answered this perfectly in the comment below this question: "she has no idea, I'm planning it", which is pretty much true! In all honesty, I haven't given too much thought about it ... maybe because I've only attended one wedding ceremony in my life. Though I do watch a ton of wedding movies, don't get me wrong.

All I have is mind is -- hopefully an amazing groom, probably going to be at a Church, and I'd like it in the spring or summer because I just love those seasons. And, I already have a place in mind for that thingy that happens after the ceremony ... the reception? (I've never been to one LOL.) It's this beautiful garden in my city that has a quiant restaurant and outside of it is just gorgeous flowers, ponds, and the like. The Boy took me for my birthday there last year, and there's a set of steps that I told him I could see as steps that a newlywed couple would stand on for pictures (which freaked him out a little, hehe).

 

I could picture there being white and silky open tents (just in case it rains lightly, and if it rains heavily, most of it could be done inside the little restaurant). Since it would be spring/summer, the sun would set a little later and I could just picture watching the sunset while eating dinner, and having a first dance just as the sun starts to fade the stars start to shine ... and that's the extent of my imagination haha. As you can see, no real details haha. *comes back to reality*

Thanks for the questions, ladies! Now I'm off to watch some skating and massage my poor feet ... anyone want to send me some warm, durable winter boots so I don't have to walk in my heeled boots anymore? :( 

Hope you've all had a good week!
And share any wedding experiences you've had so I can feel like I've actually been to more than one! :)
 

btemplates

15 comments:

littletiara said...

Ahahahaha! I asked you two questions??? xD alright, I'm greedy like that. lol.

And I love that garden! With the step! :D and lol @ your sister's answer, lolololol.

hahaha! I love it when you're drunk!!! xD so many lights? JA! hahahaha xD

and of course, oh well nikolett... I love your answer about love, the whole of them ;)

thank you for answering my questionS! ;D

Sara Strand said...

That was fun! :)

Hey- I have an award for you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahahaaaa! I laughed so hard to your lyrics response to question #1. :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Nothing wrong with a dude that has a little Serendipity in him. NICE!

Andhari said...

Haha the answer only makes me adore you more. A happy drunk, I see. I'm like that too. High five!

Carlito86 said...

You're such a cutie Nikolett!

Of course we have to like The Boy if he has some Jonathan Trager in him :)

What is love? Baby don't hurt me....PMSL!!! So funny xxxxxxxxxxxx

krissy ♥ said...

Aww Nikolett you're so adorable! :)

I love all your answers! I should think of my question for you next time :D

And oooh you made me want to watch Serendipity! I have a copy of that in my DVD collection :) I love John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale, and I love the movie :)

Honey Bee said...

Nikolett I love you! Thank you so much for answering my question...reading your answer is a huge motivation for me! And btw, before I continue writing, I JUST got a notification on my BlackBerry that you have commented on my blog..whaatt timing.. :D
Anyway, back to the topic...you're right..i guess the best reward will be owing up to the challenge and knowing that no matter how hard it got, I pulled through and didn't give up.
Thanks so much for this sweetie. =)

Anonymous said...

So dude, GREAT beginning of a wedding - I can work with that. Great inspiration. LOVE it.

Get it on. Now. (put a ring on it, that is)

G said...

you my friend are a confession mentionable this week. Sparkle congrats to you!

Anonymous said...

My dream wedding: as long as the groom is there and not wasted/hungover, I'm good.

erika sorocco said...

So I may be slightly in love (read: addicted, obsessed, smitten, incapable of resisting...) your Ask Nikolett features. And this...

"...love doesn't mean being in that 'honeymoon stage', but rather finding something new to care about every day."

...is the most perfect thing I have ever read about love - so true!! :)

Sierra said...

I enjoyed learning more about you darlin and I have to agree with Erika - "...love doesn't mean being in that 'honeymoon stage', but rather finding something new to care about every day." This made my day!!

Jessica said...

I love, love Serendipity! It's such a sweet film. I'm glad the boy is like John Cusack a.k.a Jonathan in the movie. He's a very ideal guy, if you ask me. And yea, anyone that has Borat's goofiness is definitely FUN in my book! :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww... great to know more things about you. I'm thinking of a spring/summer wedding as well. I just love those seasons, but between the two I think spring is more of what I'm going for, should that day ever come. =)