get high like planes ♬
One little perk that came along with being a university student was getting to ride the city buses for "free" (I say "free" because really it was a fee that came along with the tuition, but hey, it meant I didn't have to buy an adult bus pass every month!). The last day to ride those buses for free was today - and it was almost like the end of an era, so me and The Boy decided to take advantage of the transportation as much as we could - altogether, I took six buses today (yay, eco-friendliness!).
After I dropped off an application for a job at a summer school (I've worked there for the past few years and absolutely adore it there) I met up with The Boy and we headed onto a route we've never gone on before to head to our city's airport - which we've never been to before - where The Boy treated us to an experience at the airplane museum, also a first for us! It was a day full of random goodness and lots of picture-taking ("as usual," my mama said when she saw all the pictures).
And as much as I wanted to just hop off into one of these planes and jet off somewhere, it was a beautiful afternoon and the perfect way to round up the month of April. What are you looking forward to in May?
Without further ado, picspam!
Can you spot me (haha)? This plane is at the entrance of the museum.
I have no clue what's going on in this picture, but it makes me smile.
The first part was all history regarding the wars and development of planes.
This airplane crew is fierce ;)
Since most of the airplanes were in working condition, we could only really touch/sit in two. So we definitely took advantage of that. This one was half-restored - can you see that red thing near the propeller? It's a bird's nest :)
Aye aye, captain?
Yup, it's now our plane. Doesn't fly too well, though hehe.
Channelling my inner Vanna White.
Methinks this is meant for kids ... so, I guess it works perfectly (just kidding!).
Ten-second timer; plus, an older man was our tour guide for the planes outside, so amazing to look at!
This plane is called The Vampire. Such a tiny plane with the tiniest cockpit I've ever seen (that's what she said?)!
Nice tour guide man took a picture of us :) All the volunteers there were so kind.
The tour guide man was so proud of this plane - they got it basically as scrap metal and spent six years reconstructing it ... that's dedication right there.
Thumbs up for sitting in another airplane cockpit! :)
Listening attentively to the tour guide man ...
And because I usually try to save the best for last; this was my favourite plane (I even said so in the museum's guestbook - under the "favourite plane" column I wrote "PANDA PLANE!"):
I kind of want that in my driveway!
Oh! And to make this like my other blog posts, I couldn't forget a picture of the meal I had Thursday night at my friend's aunt house - yummy yummy Filipino pansit, chicken wings, and a banana spring roll!
Mmm...
Hope you all have a beautiful start to your weekends!
Have any plans? :)




















A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
14 comments:
woooo!!! areoplanes!!! Haha, that's such a cute idea! visiting museum! I'd love to do that once in a while, if only the museums here are as interesting as that, maybe I need to explore more... uhuh...
and lol at the Boy's poses xD gotta say the one when he's listening attentively he looks kinda cool, nyahaha... no worries, he's all yours dear! haha xD
and that looks like a really fun day! With all the cockpits and airplanes... and ended with delish food... yummm...
I don't know why I seem to always forget to take picture when I'm with le boy 0___0 weird..
i love these pic spam posts! and oh mah gosssh, you two are so super cute :) and these airplanes look awesome, but the pose with the panda one just takes the cake haha. lastly, a big fat YUMM is all i could think for that last picture! pansit is my favorite filipino food of all time, but i am definitely biased and think my mom's is the best hehe. and banana spring rolls are one of my favorite desserts (this my mom doesnt make, so i have to ask for it as a special request from relatives haha).
have a great weekend miss! if we lived closer i would definitely cook up a big filipino potluck and it would be a pic spam feast :D
Oh my goodness- I Love all the pictures, It looks like you two had such a blast playing with airplanes.
I hope you have a great weekend, Not too many plans on my side. Lots of studying to do and I can't wait to get this semester OVER WITH! lol
Keep having fun!
Kim:)
did you do the pearl harbor scene???????????????????????????
xD
LMAO it is so HUGE and you are sooooooooo tiny hhehe, looks damn cute :D
The dude would go nuts over that. He looooooves planes! Btw, you won our Ruche gift certificate giveaway! I'll forward your email on to them so they can send it to you stat! Happy Saturday. : )
The filipino food looks amazing!! Looks like you had a great time! I'd never been there either :)
http://www.margaritareczek.com
Yay! Super fun and you guys are so cute! I love the gladiator sandals. :)
That looks like so much fun! And I've never heard of a banana spring roll before - looks fantastic!
Awww you guys are definitely the cutest couple ever! Oh and the 9th picture is absolutely hilarious. I love that 10th picture of you guys sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!
What a refreshing date activities! Airplane museum, never really thought of that. You look so cute, especially inside that yellow airplane.
That sounds like a super awesome date! You are sooo cute, as always :)
YAY for Filipino food! :D
That's awesome! Love the panda plane. LOL. Great pictures, as always.
adorable pictures :-)
xx
Hope
Post a Comment