wednesday wishes + shopping sprees
It's that time of year where I can step outside, take a breath of fresh-ish air and cry out, "FREEDOM!" Of course, that freedom is going to be short-lived, but at the moment I am a proud (albeit tired) student who has finished her undergraduate degree! And although my back-up plan kicks off next week (i.e., coming back to do a minor in Religious Studies on top of my double major in English and Multimedia), I'm going to enjoy the time I have off ... plus, I'll only have class on Tues/Thurs of May and June, so let's just say it's summertime for me! Yipee!
And because I'm finally on vacation, I've been doing some hardcore wishing on top of some celebrating with The Boy in the form of sleepovers and shopping sprees that make us happy. I'll admit, The Boy bought more clothes than I did but I tend to be really picky when spending my limited amount of money (gulp).
I've been looking for a cute skirt for a while and though I was aiming for floral print, couldn't resist this one - if you want larger/more details about the skirt, please look at the image right here. And then I just got a simple white tee, but it has a neat design in the fabric and I love little tiny pockets :)
Oh, and the other day my mom graciously bought me a pair of Adidas running shoes - motivation to run outside, whoopah!
And as for where I've been wishing about lately? It's somewhere I've been to before, but never really got the chance to explore fully - Warszawa (or Warsaw), the capital of Poland. Exactly two years ago I was there - boarded my first airplane and flew off to the main city, jetlagged and make-up-less, taking in the sights for a mere few hours before driving off to see family. But the city captured me in its spell - a combination of both old and new, of typical Polish food and all-you-can-eat sushi restaurants. I can't wait to hopefully go back there this August to take more of it in.
In the 'new' part of the city, high-rise buildings are spread and combine old and new ...
I saw so many shopping malls it made my head spin (really hope I get to go to at least one).
A small view at the colourful buildings in Stare Miasto - Old City, my favourite part of Warszawa.
So many look-out points and so many bright slanted rooftops.
This is my "Welcome to me shop!" pose :)
The streets of Old Warsaw are hustling and bustling - if you take a little peek at the roped-off area you'll see an older war-truck ... there were shooting not one, but two films that day on that street, and at a nearby church there was a wedding going on! Always so much to see.
And being the first European city that I ever stepped onto, I fell in love with the cobblestone streets. By the way, can anyone tell what that fuzzy figure is? In Polish, it's called piwo.
What are you wishing about today?
Hope you're having a good hump day!









A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
22 comments:
Nothing makes me quite so happy as cobblestones. Must be growing up near Boston ;-)
Cute outfit! Congrats on being free!!! :)
I love the simple white tee. Where did you buy it? I am in need of a white tee for the summer.
Very cute outfit!
Gorgeous pictures from Europe, I agree that cobblestones must be one of my favourite things - walking on them in heels MUST be practiced to achieve perfection, though! I want to see the runners!
http://www.margaritareczek.com
I'm wishing for a proper job to make all my other wishes somewhat feasible - a few new items for my wardrobe, a plane ticket, to move out. :)
Love that skirt, and I have to say, these are such wonderful photos!
Congratulations! I really feel like going on a shopping spree now...
<3
I love Poland. I'm taking the boyfriend, his parents and my family there after graduation this July. We're going to Krakow. I've not been to Warsaw, but I know I will, one day. :)
You know I love skirts so I totally adore that pretty skirt you bought!
And yay for vacations! That may be one of the things I miss most about school. :)
August is still a few months away but I'm so excited for you! You're so cute in your coat, I wish I can wear something like that here, it's too hot here x_x
my goodness i love those colorful buildings! xD so pretty.... i should put down poland in my must-visit-countries. :)
have a good break while you can. definitely a great feeling to not do anything related with academic stuff =p
I love the newly bought shirt! So simple but cute! There are endless possibility of what you can match that shirt with! :D
dear, I envy you!!! I want to get all these stuffs done too T___T why does it take me soooo long???
I never knew about Warsaw before! I didn't know there are many cute colorful houses there! And I love the bright slanted rooftops! :D you made me want to go there too... haha
I'm wishing for a plain white tshirt and more skirts! I think I know how you feel about Warsaw...I went to London a few years ago for 2 days(!!) and didn't get to see much of it. Miss it like crazy.
Yayay! Congratulations for summertime; and for finding one of the most adorable skirts ever! The detailing is fabulous!
I was wishing all day to figure out how to do a particular part of my Statistics homework; when all of a sudden it finally came to me, and I was able to finish it! Yayay! As you can tell I am not the biggest fan of Statistics.
And ohmigosh is that a lifesize mug of coffee with frothy whipped cream and/or foam on top walking down the street?! :)
I hope you have a wonderful time in Poland, I am happy that you get to go. That skirt and top is darling, I certainly understand about being careful about what you spend your money on. I am that way too! :)
First off, thanks for stopping by my blog and making me feel a little bit better about my google obsession lol.
I love this entry, the outfit is cute and I love the photos you've taken.
I am having a good week so far, I finished finals today and I'm just glad tomorrow is Friday haha. I hope your week has been good.
narrow cobble stone streets and old buildings? I love it! You look very European ;)
Great pictures! I love how you said the city captured your heart - that happened with my first international trip too (last December) and that was for work!
Great pictures. I love your outfit in the "Welcome to me shop" pose. hehehehe You look adorable.
P.S. I tagged you in my latest blog post. =)
Yay I hope you enjoy your vacation. So jealous of you right now! I have uni assignments coming out of my ears lol!
FREEDOM!! :)
Nikolett, you look soo gorgeous! i don't know if I've told you this before, but your hair perfectly frames your face cut! Love it.
I've missed your blog. These exams are driving me crazy...I'm pushing myself but not doing as much work as I should be...reading about you finishing with your undergrad degree gives me such a sense of satisfaction and calm, as if I've just done that!! This will definitely be stopping me from giving up. :)
P.S: The skirt is awesome. It's preppy minus not too much preppy. (If that makes sense!) I love it paired with the white.
P.S: I really wanna visit Egypt maannn...I have been talking to one of my blogger friends from Egypt and it makes me want to find out more about her country!
Miss you, love you!!
xx
I've never even heard of Warszawa, but it looks beautiful and definitely fun to explore!!
Post a Comment