a piece of me + easter!
Happy Easter everyone! Whether you celebrate it or not, I still hope you have an amazing day. While I confess to eating lots of chocolate eggs and bunnies, this day is really all about celebration for me and my family and a reminder of our faith. I hope you have an amazing Easter Sunday :)
And on that note, I'm taking part in something the lovely Toothfairy started (and I hope you're doing okay, lady!) and that is ... A Piece of Me on the first Sunday of every month. So here goes!
This month....
I like: that school is finally winding down, that it's only been the first week of April and I've already gotten the chance to catch-up with people I love to be with, and that the weather is starting to feel like spring!
I don't like: that my multimedia thesis is due this Thursday. Gah, where did the time go?! *must work on it*
I want you to know: that I'm finally gotten the answer to one plan, and the back-up plan is already in order (makes it sound like the J.lo movie ... but I swear it's education-related, not baby-related, thank goodness).
I've planned: to take this time to stop worrying so much ... and to read all the American Lit books I still haven't read yet since my first exam is this Saturday, gah! And I've planned to start planning out my summer :)
I want to say to someone special: Don't be so hard on yourself, you're amazing and I want you to feel better. Annnd to another: I love you.
I don't like: that my multimedia thesis is due this Thursday. Gah, where did the time go?! *must work on it*
I want you to know: that I'm finally gotten the answer to one plan, and the back-up plan is already in order (makes it sound like the J.lo movie ... but I swear it's education-related, not baby-related, thank goodness).
I've planned: to take this time to stop worrying so much ... and to read all the American Lit books I still haven't read yet since my first exam is this Saturday, gah! And I've planned to start planning out my summer :)
I want to say to someone special: Don't be so hard on yourself, you're amazing and I want you to feel better. Annnd to another: I love you.
Now, here's a little recap of pictures from my weekend so far :) I don't have any pictures of the eggs or our basket so far but these are mostly from a little BBQ this weekend (my first of the year + my meal for me and The Boy) and then an outing with friends before we headed back to one of their houses to go on ....
.. Chat Roulette. Let me just say, that place is simultaneously hilarious and creepy! We ended up finding a bunch of hats and having a 'hat party' which made some laugh and others just switch automatically. But then we kept a "hat party tally" and tried to get the other person/people to put on a hat ... I think we got about five (score!). There was one guy from southern California that was fun to talk to, two guys from the Netherlands who put on a magic show for us (so ridiculous!) and a boy from China who was in class and we spent a good fifteen minutes just showing each other money and the like from our respective countries. Oh and there was peen. LOTS of peen. Gah.
On that note, pictures!
Thanking the chef for thoroughly cooking the burgers?
Would you like one? Condiments: lettuce, tomato, hot pepper, pickle, cheese, bacon :)
Feeding Shadow some leftover bacon ... makes him do all kinds of tricks :)
Only a portion of the crazy meal we had with my friend, and another friend with her boyfriend.
We had calamari, shrimp, bruschetta, and pita flatbread stuff, all with soup.
We had calamari, shrimp, bruschetta, and pita flatbread stuff, all with soup.
Oh, and then we had a Skor Ice Cream and Brownie dessert (like the pose there!).
Needless to say, I had severe stomach problems the rest of the night :(
But I suppose it was worth it!
Needless to say, I had severe stomach problems the rest of the night :(
But I suppose it was worth it!
Having an impromptu photoshoot after church :) Such an awkward pose, but I love it.
Wearing a dress from a Filipino festival last summer that my friend got for me :)
The flowers in front of my house are blooming :)
Hope you've had a beautiful weekend!










A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
17 comments:
Aaah the dress from the Filipino festival is pretttyyy, and it looks gorgeous on you!
Your "piece of me" is such a happy one..it puts a smile on my face! Beautiful happy pictures, delicious food, and wanting to catch up with friends and books. Heaven!
Nice to know you're doing good love.
Now, work on that thesis!
The food looks amazing... and so does your dress!
The first picture is adorable :')
BTW... HAPPY EASTER :D
that burger just made my mouth water like crazy
Yay for school winding down and pretty white dresses; but an even bigger yay for the yummy burger and Skor Ice Cream and Brownie Dessert. Yes, as you can tell, I'm currently hungry.
Happy, Happy Easter, my love! I hope that your day is full of chocolate-covered bunnies and colorful eggs!! :)
shrimp... calamari.... bruschetta..... good gawd woman! you make me extremely hungry..... happy easter day to you too! :) your back up plan sounds good (despite the fact that i don't know exactly what it is, but yeah) :p
I'm SO happy that school is finally winding down!
Love all your pics!!
such cute pics! i took massive amounts of pictures i need to upload from this weekend, too, and the last flower pic looks just like the photo i took today of the flowers in my front yard today haha. glad you had a wonderful easter :)
Oh my god, that dress! You look beautiful in it. I would totally wear it the same way you did. You know, with the brown belt and all? And spring huh? You must really be excited? Happy Easter Nikolett! :)
Yay for the pretty dress! It made me so proud when I read it came from the Philippines :)
I'll never get tired of saying you and The Boy look absolutely adorably perfect together :)
Fooooooood! Yummmmm!
What a wonderful weekend! I can't remember the last time I had a burger... and that looked delicious! Looks like you had beautiful weather for easter. bliss! xo
the pics of you & your man are so cute! love it. we did an impromptu photoshoot in our yard too, it does get a little awkward, haha. lovely easter dress!
Glad you had a nice Easter and I understand the stomach problems, I get them too with too much yummy desserts! Glad you could celebrate our Lord's sacrifice and rising from the dead! :) Beautiful flowers too!
Nice dress! And you two look awesome together :)
@ littlemissjuicy: Thanks lady :) I definitely try to stay happy and honestly, the end of school is the happiest thing I can look forward to! Thesis time now, definitely!
@ Ale: Happy Easter to you, too! And thank you!
@ A "cheery" disposition: Seriously wish I could share one with you right now :)
@ Erika: LOL your comment made me laugh. Hope you managed to get some yummy food in you!
@ the girl in stiletto: Heehee, sorry! And yeah, my back-up plan is currently being reconsidered, but once it's finalized I'll make sure to share it, okie? :)
@ Amber (Girl with the red hair): Haha, glad I'm not alone on that one! Whoo-hoo for school almost being over! :)
@ josie(bean!): Okay, definitely checking out your pics too, yay for weekend springtime pictures!
@ jessonwordpress: Since I really admire your style, this honestly means a lot to me. Glad I got your stamp of approval! :D
@ krissy: BIRTHDAY GIRL! Thank youuu ... representing Philippines, yup yup! And I'm glad you'll never get sick of that, I'm waiting for the day when someone will comment, "No more you and The Boy!" LOL.
@ Kempt: Aw, I would gladly share one of my burgers with you if that was possible :) Hope you had a great Easter weekend! By the way, I've sent off the book swap to you and I'm so sorry for the delay! Hope you get it soon!
@ steph: Woot for impromptu shoots! And happy birthday!
@ OceanDreams: Oh, it sounds horrible to say I'm glad I'm not alone on the stomach problems ... it's such a curse, isn't it? Hope you had a Happy Easter!
@ Belle: Thanks so much :)
Cute post! That burger looks yum :)
PS: Did you get the book?
awww, Shadow is so cute! :)
Post a Comment