therapeutic thursdays: celebrating
Just a note: Next Thursday I'll be answering any of the Ask Nikolett questions, so if you're seeking advice or have want-to-know-more-about-me inquiries, ask them here!
There are moments where you've just accomplished something - whether it be finishing up some assignment for school, doing something for work, or successfully completing a recipe. But often, we jump right into the next thing and don't give ourselves a moment to catch our breath (unless it's eating the finished product from the recipe, then life is good).
Being in school tends to bring out the worst in me - I finish one paper and automatically have to start another one, and then I take that moment of completion for granted and then turn into a paper-writing zombie (where instead of saying braaaainssss I just go my braaaaain huuuuurts).
So I say, once you've completed something? Celebrate. However you choose to (as long as it's safe?) - whether it be going out with friends, treating yourself to a drink, staying in and watching a movie with a loved one, or, a usual choice with me -- sleeping. How do you celebrate after accomplishing something? Don't be afraid to pat yourself on the back sometimes. And take a ton of pictures to document said celebration.
Much thanks to everyone who gave me and my friend well wishes for our thesis presentation today! It actually went fairly well and afterward? We went to the campus restaurant and ate like crazy ladies (since before the presentation we were afraid to eat anything). A fine celebration, methinks. And of course, lots of picture documenting happened:
We unintentionally matched our presentation outfits - a plaid button-up dress for me, and a plaid skirt for her. And it worked since our presentation deals with chess (plaid-type pattern on the board! ooo /nerd).
A little look at the 'profile' page on our thesis - we converted chess pieces into characters.
Celebrating with some Harry Potter sauce?
(No joke, whenever I see a HP printer, I think of Harry Potter.
I hope I'm not alone in this. /double nerd)
I hope I'm not alone in this. /double nerd)
Having some Picadilly Fish & Chips - beer-battered haddock, fries, and tartar sauce. Mmmm.
I promise, this brownie dessert was a lot larger when it was first served to us.
And now a moment worthy of LiLu's recently retired but amazingly awesome TMI Thursdays. I was digging around in my bag at the restaurant and then found a smushed up muffin that I ate a part of and then stowed away in a ziploc bag -- I meant to finish eating it at school but it slipped my mind.
The next thing I know, my friend goes, "Put it in the water!" So I did, and then she threw in some ketchup ... and HP sauce ... and mustard ... and ... this is the result (WARNING: might make you feel nauseous, as that's the effect it had on me):
Before and after ... don't say I didn't warn you! We are odd people.
And in addition to a satisfying meal (err, apart from the water) and completing a thesis presentation, I won a free coffee - so this day is automatically good :)
Tomorrow I'm starting a bit of a new segment here that hopefully you'll enjoy ... or will just make you think I'm mad bonkers, either or! Hope you've had a great week so far!








A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
12 comments:
Free coffee makes everything better! I totally forgot to get my Starbucks freebie today. Darn!
Are you guys five? LOL. JK, sounds like everything went well and the celebration sounds goooood!
http://www.margaritareczek.com
thank you for being so nice to me, honestly :)
Just found your blog and started reading! Haha, and I'm completely with you on the HP thing. :)
Ooo yum! Know what? I do the exact same thing. I work hard and also need to reward myself every now and then. I do it once a month. Have a wonderful weekend sweetie. =)
omG the food looks delicious! Excluding that water...but can it even be called food? :)
I'm glad your thesis went well!
This post encourages me to finish my research paper so that I can then celebrate with a movie. :)
i'm all for celebrating accomplishments, big or small!
mmm fish & chips...so good. want to touch the tarter sauce and lick my fingers clean! ha! that sound dirty. how's that for TMI ;)
happy friday!
Celebration picks your mood back up again so do that! I'm all for that! You're doing a great job, Nikolett :)
i celebrate all the time. even when i fail doing something. ahaha. i just love having some fun fun time. and by fun, as long as i can celebrate it my way, then i'm good :)
i always think Harry Potter too, so you're not th only nerd around haha
Fish and chips!!! Have a great weekend. :)
LOL, I always associate HP with Harry Potter too, so you're not alone! xD
Post a Comment