a piece of me in may
I was planning on posting this yesterday - instead, I spent the day doing way too much HTML and CSS coding, making myself delicious iced coffee, and then reading (+ finishing) a novel until 1am - because, as soon as I go on vacation, the first thing I do is pleasure read - my simple smile of the week. /book-worm
I love that so many bloggers are continuing the tradition that Toothfairy started (although her hiatus seriously sucks!) and that is ... A Piece of Me on the first Sunday, err first Monday of every month. So here goes!
This month....
I like: that I'll have much more time to see friends on weekdays, that I'll have time to do things I'd like to do for a change; I also love that me and The Boy are celebrating two years together this month!
I don't like: that as I get older, time seems to go by faster. Recent revelation, right thurr. Oh, and the whole class thing on Tues/Thurs nights, but at least I have a friend there who will make it worthwhile :)
I want you to know: that my legs need shaving, but I'm still in that state of mind where it's winter and you don't have to shave that often ... I need to get out of that.
Oh, and I want you to know that it's good to have a little spare time to do things you normally don't have the time to do. Like maybe pick up my guitar that I haven't played in two months (gah).
I've planned: to make at least five meals from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible that I got from the library, and I've also planned to work out at least three days a week ... we'll see if that happens!
I want to say to someone special: I am so freaking proud of you.
The lovely Mel (make sure you send her some get-well-soon wishes) tagged me in a little Q&A thing. Thank youuu! I tag Manju, Tiara, Sara from Sara's Organized Chaos, The Girl In Stiletto and Andhari! :)
Annnnd last but not least, the awesome Andhari from Insomniac Lolita awarded me with:

Thanks, lady! It involves filling out this questionnaire (yes, this post is loaded with them) and passing this on!
I don't like: that as I get older, time seems to go by faster. Recent revelation, right thurr. Oh, and the whole class thing on Tues/Thurs nights, but at least I have a friend there who will make it worthwhile :)
I want you to know: that my legs need shaving, but I'm still in that state of mind where it's winter and you don't have to shave that often ... I need to get out of that.
Oh, and I want you to know that it's good to have a little spare time to do things you normally don't have the time to do. Like maybe pick up my guitar that I haven't played in two months (gah).
I've planned: to make at least five meals from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible that I got from the library, and I've also planned to work out at least three days a week ... we'll see if that happens!
I want to say to someone special: I am so freaking proud of you.
Now, time for a picture segway!
Gorgeous tree from a walk on Saturday with The Boy :)
One of the yummiest pizzas I've had this year so far - also thanks to The Boy :)
The lovely Mel (make sure you send her some get-well-soon wishes) tagged me in a little Q&A thing. Thank youuu! I tag Manju, Tiara, Sara from Sara's Organized Chaos, The Girl In Stiletto and Andhari! :)
1) A vampire or a wizard (and why)???
Definitely a wizard/witch - there was a time where four Halloween's in a row, I alternated between being a 'witch' and then being Hermione (the same thing). I'd love to do little spells and y'know, get an acceptance letter to Hogwarts even though I'm over 20 :)
2) If you could change one thing about you, what would it be - if anything???
I think I might have to go with Mel's answer and say my metabolism, it kind of went away after my trip to Poland. Oh no, wait! I'd say my sensitive stomach. I would like it to be tougher, please.
3) Would you rather live like a rock star or like a president? (in other words: fun or power?)
Definitely a rock star, but with a twist. I wouldn't really be able to handle the responsibilities of a President, so I could be like Bono from U2 (though less annoying and I wouldn't always wear sunglasses) and promote good things and ways to help others/the earth while rocking out on my gee-tar.
4) What's your favourite cartoon character???
Oh wows, this honestly a tough one. I'd say Squirt from Finding Nemo but that's not really a cartoon. Probably Sailor Mercury or Sailor Jupiter, those ladies were fierce. Or Pikachu!
5) What's your (most) guilty pleasure?
Hmms, listening to really old-school music from the 90s really really loudly.
6) If you were a song, what would it be???
This is impossible to answer! I'd say "Bohemian Rhapsody" by QUEEN just because of the fun sing-along factor or "Starlight" by MUSE because it has such a happy tune to it and it's fun to clap along to.
7) What's your biggest dream?
To explore as much of the world as I possibly can, while having an unlimited supply of SD cards and camera batteries. And to be happy in a home with a gazebo and a garden where I can invite my friends and loved ones for yummy meals.
8) Do you prefer to be the one who asks questions or the one who answers them, and why???
Definitely the one who asks them. I get so antsy when people ask me questions; I always feel like I'm bound to disappoint them with my answer. And I'm a curious lady who loves to ask questions.
9) What is your biggest turn off and turn on?
Biggest turn-off: people who spit on the sidewalk in public - just find a sink(!!!), and definitely B.O. Oh, and extreme rudeness - I understand if you're moody and having a bad day, but that's no excuse to be outright disrespectful to others.
Biggest turn-on: guys with brown hair and blue eyes (although The Boy has green eyes, and they are pretty haha). And a guy who can cook.
10) Have you ever broken any law?
Ahh, this one makes me laugh because me and The Boy have an inside joke where I don't want to commit anything that's illegal - we always say, "Nuu, nuu illegality!" But yes, I probably have broken a law or another, but I try not to ;)
Annnnd last but not least, the awesome Andhari from Insomniac Lolita awarded me with:
The Preppy Mafia Award

Thanks, lady! It involves filling out this questionnaire (yes, this post is loaded with them) and passing this on!
1. Who is your style icon?
2. Which is your favorite socialite book?I'm going the same route as Andhari and pick a reality TV star - Lauren Conrad. I love the way she can mix and match basics and make it flow effortlessly.
I read chick lit, but don't think I've read anything that can be qualified as a socialite book. Any recommendations? We can have a socialite-written book club haha.3. Favorite party theme?
Anything to do with dressing up, really. Whether it's formal, non-formal, ridiculous costumes, or something like a tea party or a pirate party (oh yes, I went there).4. Go to Halloween costume.
A witch - so simple. Although I've come out of my 'witch shell' and I've been a princess, a schoolgirl and a Mexican senorita for the past three Halloweens.5. Extravagance you cannot live without?
Hmms, I'm not sure, to be honest. I don't think a computer really counts, eh? Maybe earrings since I always need to be wearing them.6. Living person you admire?
My sister, my mom, my close friends, and ... all of you :)7. Greatest fear(s)?
Letting people down, being alone, being stuck in an elevator, large insects, not going anywhere in life no matter how determined I am ...
8. Traits you deplore in yourself?
I try not to think of myself in that way because no one is perfect ... but I guess me being overly sensitive to things and being over-emotional - it tends to give people the impression that I'm weak and/or that people can just walk all over me.9. Which talent would you most love to have?
To be able to read music. I play instruments, and I know where the 'Em' chord is on the guitar, but I can't read notes; I feel if I could, I might be able to play better.
10. Greatest achievement?
And although Andhari already passed it along to my sis, I award her, Krissy, Erika @ Cafe Fashionista, Steph @ That Girl Is Hoisin, Nahl @ Little Miss Juicy, and the BonBonRose Girls who are amazing and let me know I won their giveaway this weekend - definitely makes the start of May a good one :)Finishing university - even if I'm coming back for a minor, I can say I'm a proud graduate come June. And I just got all my marks back and for the first time in all four years at uni, I have an A- average ... ahh, stoked.
What are you looking forward to this month?
And what's your simple smile today? :)
Hope you had a great weekend!




A twenty-something-year old Canadian lady who drinks a cup of coffee a day to keep the 





betterthancoffee@gmail.com | 2012
18 comments:
That pizza looks amazing! And I can totally relate to the whole winter-shaving. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.. where we still don't shave our legs in May because it's practically still winter hehe. Mine are out of control, good thing the boy doesn't mind ;)
xo cait
Ooo!!! I am tagged! :D hahaha... alright! will do this soon! Hahaahaaayyy...
holy YOWZA!!! that pizza just kicked all the food i devoured over the weekend in the A! yum yum and more yum!!! did your boy make that from scratch?! yea...he's a keeper.
ps. bohemian rhapsody is a great song to be. i think everyone loves it and sings along when it's on.
Mmmmm that pizza looks absolutely delicious!!! Thanks for awarding me again, lol!
sailor moon characters!!! hehehe i loved that cartoon once upon a time. haha!
thanks for tagging me! will get to it a.s.a.i.c!
I'd choose wizard/witch too! Confession: Every once in a while, I get a little sad that Hogwarts isn't real.
EEEK, I totally need to shave too! I'm so bad about that. Poor hubs. HA!
I'm right there with you on the whole not shaving the legs because it's still winter thing. Except, I live in Texas and it's already up to 80 degrees outside. :(
Yayyyyyyyyy thank you for tagging me in this...it looks SO fun!
I loved reading your answers Nikolett, you did not disappoint one bit! :)
And ohmyglee you also watched Sailor Moon? I love Sailor Moon! It was shown here when I was eight, and I was the one who convinced all my classmates to see it too! :D When I saw a DVD of the show a couple of years ago I just HAD to buy it :D
i can haz pizza? kthnx xD
lolll thanks for taggin meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! haha i adore how you're such a harry potter nerd xD
I'm with you on the time comment! My mom and I had the same conversation the other day. I find that when I was a kid, summer vacation when by so slow... now that I'm older the days go by super fast. We planned our summer vacation in December, and well now there's two months until it happens.
You always have mouth watering pictures in your posts. lol. pleasuring my eyes but not my tastebuds, missy, I need a slice ;p
anyhoo, enjoy your days off! :)
I too am terribly afraid of being stuck in an elevator. As to why i'll take the stairs ANYDAY to avoid it if at all possible!!!
You can play guitar?! Awesome! :D
Oh that pizza looks really yummy!!
"that as I get older, time seems to go by faster" this is so true and kinda depressing! lol
That pizza looks DELISH! Now I want pizza for lunch...lol
So true- time really does go that much faster the older you get! When I was a kid and my mom said this I rolled my eyes... now, I find myself quoting her!
Toma
I agree wizard/witch wins! That pizza looks so good, I really want pizza tonight now lol.
Post a Comment