Pages

envy-ious? same here ...

Today I took part in a video exercise study at my university -- $10 for an easy 50 minutes of participating. Score for easy money! (Wow, that doesn't make me sound like a prostitute at all. I kid!)

The basic idea was to full out a questionnaire about my body image and how I feel about it. Next, they showed me a picture of this gorgeous aerobic instructor -- blonde hair, perfect height, toned legs, wearing only a t-shirt and booty shorts. How's that for intimidating?

The questionnaire asked how I'd feel if I had this aerobic instructor in real life, and I admitted that I'd feel downright embarrassed about my own body image. Then I had to work out for 25 minutes with a video starring her.

As I started working out, there was a catch to the experiment. I had to look at a laptop to the right of the TV and read out three colours -- the colour of a word, rather than the word itself. This was meant to 'distract me' from being intimated by her physique.

Now, I just really want to get the DVD series because it made me feel so good afterwards.



Do you feel intimated by those girls? Or do you feel a boost of motivation to get the bodies that are apparently envied by all?

btemplates

0 comments: