Pages

life's a b ...each!

Even when you get away and escape, it's hard to not look over your shoulder and see all of life's problems in your shadow. But today at the beach with The Boy, we made shadows of love. Wow, that's a cheesy sentence!

After managing to write up 2 1/2 pages about King Lear and methods of disguise, me and The Boy got together ... after he first graciously drove me to the mall to pick up a copy of Lauren Conrad's L.A. Candy for a present for my friend's birthday this weekend (which, surprisingly, makes for a really good chick-lit novel).



Then, off to the beach we went! It was a perfect summer day, and even though the water was pretty freezing (especially for the 'babymakers', as he calls them), we managed to swim for ten minutes before just tanning on the sand.

My recipe for a perfect summer day:
+ some place with sand, water, and warmth
+ people around you who make it complete and happy
+ a couple of free Harvey's burgers
+ eating Skor ice cream (in my backyard as the sun sets, optional!)

All in all, though life can be a major biatch and throw curveballs our way, I'm so grateful for places like the beach, where you can just relax ... and cool off, since this heat is really getting to me.


We tried to make a heart with our hands, but kinda failed!


There was some kind of sailboat convention going on!
I was jealous and kept singing, "I'm on a [sail]boat!"
(5 points to whoever gets the reference!)


We like to pretend we're siamese twins on the beach with our shadows.


This is my 'tropical paradise' :)


What's your recipe for a perfect summer day?

btemplates

16 comments:

Jessica said...

GORGEOUS BEACH! And the fact that you were there with your boyfriend made it even more special. I miss the beach. Summer's over here in the Philippines, and I hate it.

By the way, you're right about the D option for facebook. It didn't cross my mind. Stupid me. :)

bananas. said...

oh perfection. i love the beach and these images make me miss it even more (i'm talking about hawaii beaches). i guess i can visit any of the many beaches here in nor*cal but you know it's not the same...btw totally got the boat reference. did you have on your flippy floppies?

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

This post warms my heart... Love the shadow portraits! Lovely summer to both*

Archana said...

Aww the last picture is adorable! :) The beach can be really soothing - though I'm the kinda person that like to hit it up in the evenings, cause I don't really need to tan (considering I was born tan! heh). When I get the chance to go back to India in the summers, they serve the BEST street-snacks by the beach...they've got this fresh corn thing that's just fantastic.

And the things about LC's book, I haven't had a chance to read it, but I wasn't so sure whether or not it would be any good? I heard there's a character in it called 'Braden' or something, that's pretty much Brody? Lol.

Anyway, I started up a new blog to post my random ramblings/etc. I figured my vector blog I use just to post on art, and I wanted to kinda have some wiggle room to just post about anything. :) It's at deliciouslysunsational.blogpsot.com

becks said...

ACtually, your two heads in the siamese twins picture makes a good heart shape! :)

sarah said...

All of blog land is gaga over summer at the moment... Killjoy Sarah!!! :) I really don't like summer!!!!! Bring on the Autumn! The heat makes me grouchy

BUT your pictures are adorable adorable!

Unknown said...

yep, the beach is a great getaway...especially to make 'shadows of love' hahaha! you're hilarious :) and wait.. which part of canada are YOU in?!?!

steph said...

Aww what great pictures!! I especially love when your boy is kissing your hand and the heart shadows you guys created! So cute!!!

My fave summer days are always at the beach, or on the boardwalk or pier...spending that time with Ryan with some freshly baked churros and a nice cool breeze couldn't make a summer day any better. =)

Cafe Fashionista said...

My recipe for a perfect summer day:

-Chick lit
-Lots of coffee
-Big sunglasses
-A fabulous woven tote
-The perfect bikini
-Shopping
-Friends
-Peace and quiet
-Baking
-Boardwalks

And, of course, a cute boy. You and your boy are the cutest! :)

SassyGirl said...

All that is so cute. Skor ice cream? I am so jealous.
It's been a while since I felt the sand between my toes.

Iva Messy said...

so cute!! I love the beach!! :)

MissBliss said...

oh, my, just my kind of perfect summer day!! love and water and just all around perfection!

Anonymous said...

That does sound perfect!!

. said...

These are great pics. I want to go to the beach now!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

josie(bean) said...

So cute so cute! Me and my boyf do the same thing with the sand shadows, except it usually ends up being more perverted interpretations on his part haha. And your recipe for a perfect day is 100% the same for me! We're such summer babies :D

happy weekend, hope you get more fun in the sun!!

Nikolett said...

@ Jessica: Pfft, you're not stupid - take that back :) I always forget about that option too, not to worry!

@ bananas.: FIVE POINTS FOR YOU! I definitely had on my flippy floppies :) And wow, I would love to go to a beach in Hawaii or Nor*Cal!

@ LENORENEVERMORE: Aw, thank you :) And I love your name, by the way.

@ Archana: Ah, we went around 6pm-ish, so the sun wasn't too warm and it was perfect weather :) And LC's book is actually really good! The Brady character is a bit like Brody, though their characters are pretty different. The only thing that's similar is the whole B-name and the fact that they're friends-who-like-each-other-but-aren't-committed kinda thing. And I'll make sure to check that blog out!

@ becks: Ooo, you're right! Thanks for pointing that out :)

@ sarah: Aww, I'm sorry Sarah! Don't worry, you're not a killjoy :)

@ Kym: Haha, thank you! And I'm in Ontario ... a little ways south of Toronto :)

@ steph: Thanks so much! And that day with Ryan sounds unforgettable:)

@ Cafe Fashionista: Love your recipe, I'd definitely spend a summer's day out with you!

@ SassyGirl: Aw, I hope you get to feel it soon! And Skor ice cream is heavenly, mmmmm.

@ Iva: Me too, I agree :)

@ MissBliss: Aw, I hope you get to enjoy a day like that soon, then!

@ Margarita: :)

@ Lily G.: Run, don't walk! I hope you get to go to the beach soon!

@ josie(bean): Oh wow, I might be copying your perverted shadows soon, not gonna lie LOL And yay for summer babies! Hope you have a great weekend too!